• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Nebraska having buyers remorse?

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the world was coming to an end right now and every leader of every nation called upon myself to get up and give a life changing and world saving speech, I would say this:

Huskerz fer Champz

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love all of the sooner fans on this site, but the condescending shit is getting old.

We have local media who take care of that for us. Seriously. There is this dude who is on the main Husker talk radio station (espn affiliated) who has said several times that Nebraska will never win another national championship. Not ever.

We get it. Nebraska is doomed and is in a horrible conference and will never be great again. Carry on.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You beat Bama and now you're hot shit. You get to talk down to us.

I wonder if Utah still has a big head about that Sugar Bowl victory over a Bama team who could have given two shits about anything after coming so close to getting to the national championship. Sound familiar?

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh Holy Shit Shatel.

In reality the Big 10 saved Nebraska. The Big 12 was a complete shit storm back in the summer of 2010, and the very real possibility that OU, Okie State, Texas, Texas Tech, Colorado, Missouri, and Texas A&M were going to leave the conference. That would have left Nebraska with Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, and Baylor to rebuild a conference.

Essentially, the Big 12 was on life support and Nebraska needed to ensure itself for its immediate and decades worth of future. It did so by securing a spot in the Big 10. Anybody who thinks differently simply doesn't understand the culture and the events that were happening at that time.

Now, as for Nebraska's football program? It has been shit since 2001. We have never won more than 10 games in any season, and have not won a Conference Championship or been to a BCS bowl game in that timeframe. The reality is, we hired within for the local good guy coach who took an annual National Title contending program and drove it into the ground of a 7-7 team within 5 short years.

The next hire of Callacant was even worse.

We then hire a guy who had never been a head coach at any level in his life with the personality of a broom stick. While the last 6 years have been decent, they have been far from great and plagued with growing pains throughout the entire coaching staff. From recruiting, to coaching, to game management, to the face of the program, it has been a slow and painful process.

The staff has learned some tough lessons. They have grown, and as we can see within the recruiting over the past 3 to 4 years, they are starting to "get it". Will it be enough? Remains to be seen. Pelini isn't exactly on the hot seat, but the seat isn't exactly cold either. Real results have to be made, and I think he has the next 2 years to either win a conference championship, compete in a BCS bowl game, or at least have a year in which we don't get our shit pushed in during a single game, much less 2 to 3 games a year.

Shatel's article is extremely short-sighted. The Big 10 is a solid conference regardless of all the national bashing it receives and it will get better than what we have seen over the past decade.

Right now, we have the SEC and everybody else. The Pac12, Big 12, ACC, and Big 10 are much closer than most will ever want to admit.

Troll along...

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh Holy Shit Shatel.

In reality the Big 10 saved Nebraska. The Big 12 was a complete shit storm back in the summer of 2010, and the very real possibility that OU, Okie State, Texas, Texas Tech, Colorado, Missouri, and Texas A&M were going to leave the conference. That would have left Nebraska with Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, and Baylor to rebuild a conference.

Essentially, the Big 12 was on life support and Nebraska needed to ensure itself for its immediate and decades worth of future. It did so by securing a spot in the Big 10. Anybody who thinks differently simply doesn't understand the culture and the events that were happening at that time.

Now, as for Nebraska's football program? It has been shit since 2001. We have never won more than 10 games in any season, and have not won a Conference Championship or been to a BCS bowl game in that timeframe. The reality is, we hired within for the local good guy coach who took an annual National Title contending program and drove it into the ground of a 7-7 team within 5 short years.

The next hire of Callacant was even worse.

We then hire a guy who had never been a head coach at any level in his life with the personality of a broom stick. While the last 6 years have been decent, they have been far from great and plagued with growing pains throughout the entire coaching staff. From recruiting, to coaching, to game management, to the face of the program, it has been a slow and painful process.

The staff has learned some tough lessons. They have grown, and as we can see within the recruiting over the past 3 to 4 years, they are starting to "get it". Will it be enough? Remains to be seen. Pelini isn't exactly on the hot seat, but the seat isn't exactly cold either. Real results have to be made, and I think he has the next 2 years to either win a conference championship, compete in a BCS bowl game, or at least have a year in which we don't get our shit pushed in during a single game, much less 2 to 3 games a year.

Shatel's article is extremely short-sighted. The Big 10 is a solid conference regardless of all the national bashing it receives and it will get better than what we have seen over the past decade.

Right now, we have the SEC and everybody else. The Pac12, Big 12, ACC, and Big 10 are much closer than most will ever want to admit.

Troll along...

I disagree. I think it is the SEC with the Pac following closely behind. Oddly, I think the ACC is positioned next. BIG 12 and the BIG 10 are in th back holding on to gold coins, instead of building something

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love all of the sooner fans on this site, but the condescending shit is getting old.

We have local media who take care of that for us. Seriously. There is this dude who is on the main Husker talk radio station (espn affiliated) who has said several times that Nebraska will never win another national championship. Not ever.

We get it. Nebraska is doomed and is in a horrible conference and will never be great again. Carry on.

You gotta admit Nebraska's fared the storm pretty well since T.O. retired.

Two 5 win seasons. (no bowl)
One 7 win season.
One 8 win season.
Five 9 win seasons.
Five 10 win seasons.
One 11 win season.
One 12 win season.

12 out of those 16 seasons Nebraska's had at least 9 wins. Hell, the last 6 straight have been 9 or more. By blue-blood down cycle standards they're just taking a nap. That's with having to adjust to an entirely different football style in the Big 10 to boot.

Washed up?

4h6y6.gif

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. I think it is the SEC with the Pac following closely behind. Oddly, I think the ACC is positioned next. BIG 12 and the BIG 10 are in th back holding on to gold coins, instead of building something

The 2 teams that played in the Pac12 Championship game last year both got beat in their bowl games.
Including Arizona State's ass-kicking at the hands of an extremely average Texas Tech team.

Everybody talks about how great of a season the Pac 12 had least year, but who did they beat out of conference? Was Wisconsin or Notre Dame the Pac 12's biggest win last year?

The ACC is 5-13 in BCS Bowl games with Florida State owning 3 of those wins. What are the power programs in the ACC? FSU, Clemson, Virginia Tech, and Miami. Then what?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2 teams that played in the Pac12 Championship game last year both got beat in their bowl games.
Including Arizona State's ass-kicking at the hands of an extremely average Texas Tech team.

Everybody talks about how great of a season the Pac 12 had least year, but who did they beat out of conference? Was Wisconsin or Notre Dame the Pac 12's biggest win last year?

The ACC is 5-13 in BCS Bowl games with Florida State owning 3 of those wins. What are the power programs in the ACC? FSU, Clemson, Virginia Tech, and Miami. Then what?

I'd have to say UCLA @ Nebraska would have to be considered. Up until Nebraska lost to Minnesota and Iowa anyway?

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have to say UCLA @ Nebraska would have to be considered. Up until Nebraska lost to Minnesota and Iowa anyway?

Wisconsin and Notre Dame both finished the season ranked higher than Nebraska.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin and Notre Dame both finished the season ranked higher than Nebraska.

So (9-4) Wisconsin who lost their bowl game, or (9-4) Notre Dame who won the Pinstripe bowl over Rutgers, was the PAC 12's best OOC win?

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So (9-4) Wisconsin who lost their bowl game, or (9-4) Notre Dame who won the Pinstripe bowl over Rutgers, was the PAC 12's best OOC win?

Exactly.

And the Wisconsin win was a competent referee's whistle away from being a loss.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They are spendjng money. Population growth. Look at the coaches they are hiring. PAC has just entered the arms race. The returns will start to show in the near future. Things are changing. ACC has one of the best recruiting grounds in the country in their backyard. They just need to focus a bit on football and spend their money. They are a sleeping giant. What does the Big 10 have? Money, shitty recruiting grounds, and the slowest population growth of any conference. Big 12 has some money and perhaps the best collect of coaches. What happens when Briles, Snyder, and Patterson leave and stop masking the limited resources of their programs? Terrible recruiting grounds outside the state of Texas and Texas can give enough recruits to sustain the conference.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You beat Bama and now you're hot shit. You get to talk down to us.

I wonder if Utah still has a big head about that Sugar Bowl victory over a Bama team who could have given two shits about anything after coming so close to getting to the national championship. Sound familiar?

I don't see any Sooners talking down to Nebraska. Check yourself and stop being butthurt. Going to the B1G didn't do Nebraska any favors. This is year 15 since your last conference title in football. Let that soak in. Beating Bama didn't make OU hot shit, we've always been hot shit, cept for those John Blake years.

:suds:

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see any Sooners talking down to Nebraska. Check yourself and stop being butthurt. Going to the B1G didn't do Nebraska any favors. This is year 15 since your last conference title in football. Let that soak in. Beating Bama didn't make OU hot shit, we've always been hot shit, cept for those John Blake years.

:suds:

I disagree. NU is a higher paid Ho now in the B1G than they were in the Big 12. If you're going to be average to mediocre, you had might as well make some bank while you're at it.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are spendjng money. Population growth. Look at the coaches they are hiring. PAC has just entered the arms race. The returns will start to show in the near future. Things are changing. ACC has one of the best recruiting grounds in the country in their backyard. They just need to focus a bit on football and spend their money. They are a sleeping giant. What does the Big 10 have? Money, shitty recruiting grounds, and the slowest population growth of any conference. Big 12 has some money and perhaps the best collect of coaches. What happens when Briles, Snyder, and Patterson leave and stop masking the limited resources of their programs? Terrible recruiting grounds outside the state of Texas and Texas can give enough recruits to sustain the conference.

tumblr_lxkk1rtQyC1r0f8s0o1_500.gif

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. NU is a higher paid Ho now in the B1G than they were in the Big 12. If you're going to be average to mediocre, you had might as well make some bank while you're at it.

Ehh, I'm someone who really doesn't give a shit about money being made by the program. The brand makes money. I guess maybe Nebraska's brand was slipping. Going 15 years without any kind of title will do that.

Not a problem for OU. Even during the depressing 90s you need to go back to the 20s before we had a drought as long as nebraska's.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Big 10 still has the biggest population area of any conference. And it isn't even close. Dwindling or not, there are great football players in Ohio, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and the Northeast. The additions of Rutgers and Maryland now open up fertile recruiting grounds in the NJ area and Virginia Beach and Maryland. That is a lot of ground, and a lot of people.

The Pac12 has California for its recruiting grounds. Not sure I see much difference between that and Ohio, Michigan, Pennsylvania, the Northeast, and now a good portion of the East Coast. Just like the Big 12 has Texas.

The ACC is in deep with the SEC for talent. Like everybody else they are losing that battle. Only Florida State and Miami do we ever see in Top 10 recruiting rankings and occasionally we see Clemson on that list.

The Big 12 is the biggest loser right now regarding recruiting. Recruiting grounds haven't been expanded (actually lessened), and Texas is the feeder for the entire conference. While Oklahoma has a good bit of talent, now the areas of Missouri and Texas are more up for sale than they have ever been with Missouri and aTm moving to the SEC. Not only does everybody in the country dip their hands into the Texas talent, now the SEC has full on steam to get after it in Texas. And yes, even Big 10 teams like Nebraska and Michigan have solid ties to Texas high schools and recruiting.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You troll so hard, full time. :10:

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Big 10 still has the biggest population area of any conference. And it isn't even close. Dwindling or not, there are great football players in Ohio, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and the Northeast. The additions of Rutgers and Maryland now open up fertile recruiting grounds in the NJ area and Virginia Beach and Maryland. That is a lot of ground, and a lot of people.

The Pac12 has California for its recruiting grounds. Not sure I see much difference between that and Ohio, Michigan, Pennsylvania, the Northeast, and now a good portion of the East Coast. Just like the Big 12 has Texas.

The ACC is in deep with the SEC for talent. Like everybody else they are losing that battle. Only Florida State and Miami do we ever see in Top 10 recruiting rankings and occasionally we see Clemson on that list.

The Big 12 is the biggest loser right now regarding recruiting. Recruiting grounds haven't been expanded (actually lessened), and Texas is the feeder for the entire conference. While Oklahoma has a good bit of talent, now the areas of Missouri and Texas are more up for sale than they have ever been with Missouri and aTm moving to the SEC. Not only does everybody in the country dip their hands into the Texas talent, now the SEC has full on steam to get after it in Texas. And yes, even Big 10 teams like Nebraska and Michigan have solid ties to Texas high schools and recruiting.

For the scrubs maybe.

OU is going coast to coast.

2014 class was
6 Cali
2 Arizona
1 Alabama
1 Georgia
2 Louisiana
1 Mississippi
1 Ohio
1 Tennessee
1 Utah