• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Nebraska having buyers remorse?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a decent home schedule. Nothing to ride home about IMO. But you're still getting utter garbage every other year.

It's nothing to write* home about.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get to watch every single Nebraska game on TV.

And that's all I have to say about that.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO!!!

YOU used Notre Dame as a 'comparative' example. Hence it being about Notre Dame.

Notre Dame has had better recruiting rankings (per the experts) and 'by far' more media exposure than Nebraska since Osborne retired. Nebraska's fared as good if not better overall.

..........ND....NU

2013 (9-4) (9-4)
2012 (12-1*) (10-4)
2011 (8-5) (9-4)
2010 (8-5) (10-4)
2009 (6-6) (10-4)
2008 (6-6) (9-4)
2007 (3-9) (5-7)
2006 (10-3) (9-5)
2005 (9-3) (8-4)
2004 (6-6) (5-6)
2003 (5-7) (10-3)
2002 (10-3) (7-7)
2001 (5-6) (11-2 *)
2000 (9-3) (10-2)
1999 (5-7) (12-1)
1998 (9-3) (9-4)

*Played in NC. Got doors blown off.

Once again, ND's always had higher recruiting rankings and media exposure than Nebraska, but look at you in comparison. What's your story?

Yes, I brought up Notre Dame, along with Ohio State and Michigan because they will now have to recruit against them more for kids in the midwest. Then you decided to go on a tirade against Notre Dame for some reason. I'm not making this about Notre Dame at all. More so about the footprint they will have to recruit against, than in the past, and the midwest produces less top talent.

Also FWIW I never said ND has been some amazing program the last decade. Has Nebraska lowered their expectation level so much that they are happy that they are slightly better(which is arguable) than a borderline top 25 program the last decade? If so, congrats.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HuskerinBig10 used to bitch & complain about the Big 12 HQ being in Dallas & how the Big 12 CCG was going to be held at Jerry World for the next 5 years before NU picked up their skirts and fled to the B1G. Dude has to be having a stroke by now seeing how the B1G HQ will be in NYC & the B1G CCG will be even further from Lincoln. He blamed Texas for all of that, wonder who he'll blame this time?

Dumb Fuck.

How many votes does New York have in the B1G? Zero or four? the HQ is not moving from Chicagoland, it is just an east coast office at this time. There is even an office in Washington DC.

Can the commissioner of the conference be influenced by New York as Beebe was by the Sate of Texas? Nope. Ever seen Delany wearing one schools colors? Nope. Ever see Beebe wearing Texas Orange at a football game? yup.

Now if the HQ was moved to Columbus Ohio, then it would be bad. But it isn't, no state in the B1G can cast more than two votes currently. In the Big 12 Texas BLOCKED everything because they always had a minimum of four votes. Politics in Texas has dictated that UT Austin is the king. All you UT Austin boys talk how you are big brother.

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For better or worse Delany is running a business, and the goal of his business is to make money. Maryland and Rutgers help that business make money, it just so happens that both Maryland and Rutgers need the B1G as well.

It's almost like the B1G is two separate conferences. Being a Badger fan and being in the Western Division makes me wonder if Delany and the rest of the conference office will completely forget about us and the other 6 teams "out west," with all of their attention on establishing an East Coast presence. That's not to say that I want Wisconsin to leave the B1G, because that would never happen and nor would I want it to, but it's such a different league now.

I said this not too long ago, the B1G West will turn into what the Big 12 North was in five years. No recruiting area. Small population. All recruits are in the east. Michigan State, Michigan, Ohio State, and Penn State in the east. The west has Minnesota, Illinois, Iowa, Northwestern, and Purdue.

The only thing that can change it is if one of the B1G West schools wins the NC.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dear Notre Dame fan, you know not of what you speak.

Nebraska is still getting young men from the State of Texas. Ever heard of Rex Burkhead? Tommy Armstrong? Adam Taylor? Jamal Turner?

The only time Nebraska played both was when they met one of them in the Big 12 Championship and the other one during the regular season. And that only happened three years.

Nebraska would not have played Texas and OU each year. That was the plan of the formation of the Big 12, Nebraska in the north while Texas and Oklahoma were in the south. Oklahoma thought Oklahoma could not play both Texas and Nebraska each year so Oklahoma wanted out. Even though Barry Switzer played both. Bud Wilkinson played both.

Burkhead was a freshman in 2009, when Nebraska was in the Big 12, so that doesn't even count. And seriously naming 3 guys is going to help your argument? Look back at 2007, 2008, and 2009 and compare to now, that pipeline has dried up.

And in the current model they would be playing Texas and OU every year.

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have to tell Nebraska that if they are worried about Big Ten football then they need to once again be a national contender. If they're winning the West, they'll be playing Michigan or OSU often. I would tell Nebraska to shut the fuck up and pull your weight.

Nebraska has played in one B1G CCG. How has Michigan done?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have to tell Nebraska that if they are worried about Big Ten football then they need to once again be a national contender. If they're winning the West, they'll be playing Michigan or OSU often. I would tell Nebraska to shut the fuck up and pull your weight.

That's just it. Nebraska is not worried about Big 10 football. Why would they be?

Michigan (mentioned by the domer) has also had better recruiting rankings and more media exposure than Nebraska, but hasn't fared any better. What's their story?

The press Nebraska's gotten since Pelini's been here has been negative for the most part, yet they've fared no worse than an advantaged Notre Dame and Michigan. :wtf:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I brought up Notre Dame, along with Ohio State and Michigan because they will now have to recruit against them more for kids in the midwest. Then you decided to go on a tirade against Notre Dame for some reason. I'm not making this about Notre Dame at all. More so about the footprint they will have to recruit against, than in the past, and the midwest produces less top talent.

Also FWIW I never said ND has been some amazing program the last decade. Has Nebraska lowered their expectation level so much that they are happy that they are slightly better(which is arguable) than a borderline top 25 program the last decade? If so, congrats.

No. I'm saying ND and Michigan have always had better recruiting rankings and more media exposure than Nebraska. Yet they've fared no better than Nebraska.

How does that translate into them beating Nebraska as you clearly indicated was going to happen?

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, I checked and I don't see where I said a damn thing about Michigan. I don't need you to tell me what my team has or in this case has not been doing. My anger and frustration on many Saturdays the last several years tells me way more than you ever could. But I'm not going to bitch about Big Ten football being a punchline when my team isn't pulling their weight. And IF you are one of the people bitching about Big Ten football being a punchline then you need to realize that your team is part of the problem. Even more so, if you're losing 4 games every year it doesn't matter if your playing Michigan or OSU every year. For the record IMO, Michigan, Nebraska, Penn State and even Illinois, Purdue and Minnesota needs to get their shit together and Maryland and Rutgers can't come in and be doormats either.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK. You said 10 years.

..........ND....NU

2013 (9-4) (9-4)
2012 (12-1*) (10-4)
2011 (8-5) (9-4)
2010 (8-5) (10-4)
2009 (6-6) (10-4)
2008 (6-6) (9-4)
2007 (3-9) (5-7) In Nebraska's worst year, ND managed to suck worse.
2006 (10-3) (9-5)
2005 (9-3) (8-4)
2004 (6-6) (5-6)
-----------------------
Wins..67.......83

Point being ND has had higher recruiting rankings and more media pump than Nebraska yet can't seem to do any better overall.

More wins, no BCS appearances or title appearances. Nebraska has managed to not be as bad as ND worst years, and not as good as their better years. Plus Nebraska played on average easier opponents throughout that stretch. Neither is anything worth mentioning to be honest.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't worry, we've seen much worse here at SportsHoopla.

OregonDucks "mine as well" take the cake

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, I checked and I don't see where I said a damn thing about Michigan. I don't need you to tell me what my team has or in this case has not been doing. My anger and frustration on many Saturdays the last several years tells me way more than you ever could. But I'm not going to bitch about Big Ten football being a punchline when my team isn't pulling their weight. And IF you are one of the people bitching about Big Ten football being a punchline then you need to realize that your team is part of the problem. Even more so, if you're losing 4 games every year it doesn't matter if your playing Michigan or OSU every year. For the record IMO, Michigan, Nebraska, Penn State and even Illinois, Purdue and Minnesota needs to get their shit together and Maryland and Rutgers can't come in and be doormats either.

LMAO!!!!

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you was overseas at War and something happened that you wanted to contact your mommy about, you'd probably have a better chance writing her a letter than gettin' in a car and riding home.

That's just my guess, anyways.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I'm saying ND and Michigan have always had better recruiting rankings and more media exposure than Nebraska. Yet they've fared no better than Nebraska.

How does that translate into them beating Nebraska as you clearly indicated was going to happen?

I meant they are going to have a tough time beating them in recruiting, for kids, in the midwest. Which is where they are going to be playing all their games, all the time, outside of maybe 1 or 2. Which comes back to the whole question, is the FOOTBALL program better off for joining the B1G? They have the 39th best recruiting class this year. Probably the worst in their history. I think the product/brand isn't going to get back to where it was in the 90's and early 2000's.