• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Marvin Harrison Jr. the best prospect for the 2024 NFL Draft?

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today has officially grated my nerves on the efforts to compare the NBA and NFL on these things

No fucking way on any level imaginable was Lawrence in the stratosphere of Lebron James.

In the NFL world, he was. He was basically the Lebron James of NFL draft picks the past 10-15 years. I mean who was a bigger NFL prospect than Lawrence...maybe I'm missing someone here.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's what I've been hearing too. Lawrence won the big games that Williams didn't. It may not be fair, as Lawrence had the better teams, but Lawrence checked off every box of a generational prospect, where Williams hasn't.

If Williams had even close to the same value that Lawrence had, there wouldn't even be a debate in Chicago right now. Fields would be on his way out come seasons end, and everyone would be talking about what the team with the #2 pick will do.

in addition to this if he didn't paint his nails and cry on an absurd level he'd prob be a lock.

NFL teams go to a great deal to analyze this stuff. Crying over losing is one thing...climbing into the stands to curl up with your mom is a whole other level.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the NFL world, he was. He was basically the Lebron James of NFL draft picks the past 10-15 years. I mean who was a bigger NFL prospect than Lawrence...maybe I'm missing someone here.

I deleted my post because I didn't really want to derail from the football discussion. I just think you have to separate the two sports. NBA is an animal of its own in the impact one guy can have.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in addition to this if he didn't paint his nails and cry on an absurd level he'd prob be a lock.

NFL teams go to a great deal to analyze this stuff. Crying over losing is one thing...climbing into the stands to curl up with your mom is a whole other level.

He just never produced the big wins that many thought he would get this year. It's tough because his team was overhyped, but the biggest part of that was him.

Again, I think he could be a great NFL QB, but his imagine has tarnished a bit this year, from my perspective.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think the OC deserves to stay? If the Fields move is botched, the GM could be gone. Eberflus has a terrible record overall and could be gone as well. Who else do you want to discuss? The DC should stay.
I don't think the OC (Getsy) deserves to stay, but he's not front office. Same with Eberflus. So your question boils down to asking if we think Poles our GM is in jeopardy of losing his job. And that would be a resounding no. At least not this year and likely not in the forseeable future either.

Why might you ask? Well, for starters he stripped the team last year of any existing talent, which resulted in the Bears finishing last in the league. But with that he was able to snag a king's ransom in a trade with Carolina for the top pick. Two of those picks produced two starters, one on the OL, the other at CB. It also gave us DJ Moore, currently ranked 7th in yards received. Then perhaps the crown jewel of the trade, we now have this year's #1 pick, yet still have in our back pocket the Panthers 2nd rounder in '25. In the meantime we went from 3-14 to 7-9, with a chance to end the season at 8-9.

Now there is one major fuckup that Poles did perform, and that was giving away our precious #32 pick in the draft to Pittsburgh for wideout bust Chase Claypool (you're welcome Steeler fans). But aside from that, do you see any other reason whatsoever as to why Poles should be on the hot seat, Fields trade or not? Because I sure don't.

Edit: I don't believe I originally called him Clay Chasepool!!! LOL

Last edited:

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I deleted my post because I didn't really want to derail from the football discussion. I just think you have to separate the two sports. NBA is an animal of its own in the impact one guy can have.
I'm just talking about the hype in the draft, not the impact the player can make. He didn't have Lebron's fanfare, but he was thought of as an untouchable, generational draft pick similar to Lebron. That's all I was saying.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve watch Harrison play. I’m not dismissing his talent. He’s a great receiver. He should become a very good NFL receiver. I’m saying that much of the hype surrounding him is because of his name. Odunze is the better receiver. That’s all.

Having other top receivers on the same team doesn’t hurt Odunze’s case. He’s double teamed on virtually every play. They try to take him out of the game, but they can’t do it. That leaves the other receivers open.
The film does not give 2-poops what the name on the back of the jersey says... Christian McCafferey says, "hold my beer"...

How did the name on the back of the jersey work out for Barry Sander's son at Stanford? It didn't work out well because the film debunked the theory that he was only hyped up and good due to the name on his jersey...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was never any doubt. He was near "Lebron James" type prospect status. A winner at every level is how he was marketed.

Hype that hasn't fully been realized in the pros. Marketing isn't necessarily reality.

Caleb won the state title as a sophomore in HS and lost his senior season to the lockdown. He was the #1 QB recruit in the nation, but Rattler was still at OK. He overtook Rattler by the 6th game. He won the Heisman in 2022.

Lawrence won 2 state titles (no lockdown) and took over #1 QB at Clemson 4 games into his freshman season. He finished 2nd behind Devonta Smith for the Heisman (approx 700 votes back and 60 ahead of Mac Jones in 3rd).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's what I've been hearing too. Lawrence won the big games that Williams didn't. It may not be fair, as Lawrence had the better teams, but Lawrence checked off every box of a generational prospect, where Williams hasn't.

If Williams had even close to the same value that Lawrence had, there wouldn't even be a debate in Chicago right now. Fields would be on his way out come seasons end, and everyone would be talking about what the team with the #2 pick will do.

The debate is amongst fans and media. We don't know Chicago's intentions.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hype that hasn't fully been realized in the pros. Marketing isn't necessarily reality.

Caleb won the state title as a sophomore in HS and lost his senior season to the lockdown. He was the #1 QB recruit in the nation, but Rattler was still at OK. He overtook Rattler by the 6th game. He won the Heisman in 2022.

Lawrence won 2 state titles (no lockdown) and took over #1 QB at Clemson 4 games into his freshman season. He finished 2nd behind Devonta Smith for the Heisman (approx 700 votes back and 60 ahead of Mac Jones in 3rd).
Hype that hasn't been fully realized yet? You mean the 24 year old Lawrence hasn't lived up to the hype yet? The guy who is only in his third season after taking over a 1-15 team and already has a playoff win? I don't know what he is waiting for. :doh:

Tahuyaman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The film does not give 2-poops what the name on the back of the jersey says... Christian McCafferey says, "hold my beer"...

How did the name on the back of the jersey work out for Barry Sander's son at Stanford? It didn't work out well because the film debunked the theory that he was only hyped up and good due to the name on his jersey...
The media hype cares though. Of course Harrison Jr. is a top talent. He’s just not the best receiver in the draft.

Barry Sanders’ son can’t play a lick, so there’s that. Media hype had Deion Sanders son a Heisman candidate for a while.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The debate is amongst fans and media. We don't know Chicago's intentions.

I think if Williams was a lock for them, they wouldn't be playing Fields right now. Teams have seen enough of him to make an informed decision on a trade. There is nothing more needed to be seen. That's just my opinion.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andrew Luck

Yup! I was thinking he is probably the other I would put in that category. I would put Lawrence and Luck in the same category of generational prospects.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup! I was thinking he is probably the other I would put in that category. I would put Lawrence and Luck in the same category of generational prospects.
We actually do have at least a halfway decent look at Lawrence with nfl dot coms rankings. Anyone over a 7.0 is basically a top shelf prospect. Lawrence was a 7.4. Myles Garrett was a 7.5. Sam Darnold was a 7.1 and Chase Young was a 7.37 so that scout certainly can be wrong but its a good glimpse at that kind of thing.

Lawrence 'benefited from play action and quick pass scheme' and 'offense limited amount of full reads' was listed as his top weaknesses. Probably should be a notable risk factor when evaluating Qbs.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We actually do have at least a halfway decent look at Lawrence with nfl dot coms rankings. Anyone over a 7.0 is basically a top shelf prospect. Lawrence was a 7.4. Myles Garrett was a 7.5. Sam Darnold was a 7.1 and Chase Young was a 7.37 so that scout certainly can be wrong but its a good glimpse at that kind of thing.

Lawrence 'benefited from play action and quick pass scheme' and 'offense limited amount of full reads' was listed as his top weaknesses. Probably should be a notable risk factor when evaluating Qbs.

I just remember after he won the national title his freshman year that they started his #1 pick draft clock. He had the #1 pick locked down for years in college.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The media hype cares though. Of course Harrison Jr. is a top talent. He’s just not the best receiver in the draft.

Barry Sanders’ son can’t play a lick, so there’s that. Media hype had Deion Sanders son a Heisman candidate for a while.
It isn’t hype. Just look at his film and come back to us. It is actually more about film and fundamentals than his play. It’s not hype, it’s very real

Tahuyaman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn’t hype. Just look at his film and come back to us. It is actually more about film and fundamentals than his play. It’s not hype, it’s very real
I’ve watched him play. He’s outstanding. I just think he’s not the very best and opinions of him are influenced by his name. You don’t believe there’s something to that?