• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Leveon Bell even worth signing for league minimum?

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK he made 31 million and the Cowboys will be paying his medical and rehab bills, pretty sure he'll get signed to a huge contract next off season. I wished my life sucked like that.
lol good point. Hopefully Dak is back for next year, but stuff like that makes me think of Earl Thomas. He wanted a long term deal but was denied and ultimately got injured. The hawks absolutely did the right thing and turns out ET3 is nuts. In the end they're all still millionaires but when you are retired in your 20's, that money may not last forever.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol good point. Hopefully Dak is back for next year, but stuff like that makes me think of Earl Thomas. He wanted a long term deal but was denied and ultimately got injured. The hawks absolutely did the right thing and turns out ET3 is nuts. In the end they're all still millionaires but when you are retired in your 20's, that money may not last forever.

Earl Thomas made out great. Signed a 55 million $ contract with 32 million guaranteed with the Ravens. The Seahawks on the other hand had to pay him while he was injured , pay his medical bill, pay for his rehab so he could go out and sign a monster contract with another team. Who you feel made out better ? Thomas or the Seahawks?

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Earl Thomas made out great. Signed a 55 million $ contract with 32 million guaranteed with the Ravens. The Seahawks on the other hand had to pay him while he was injured , pay his medical bill. pay for his rehab so he could go out and sign a monster contract with another team. Who you feel made out better ? Thomas or the Seahawks?
I mean, the Seahawks would have been much worse off had they paid him a long term extension. I don't feel too much pity for actual costs for NFL franchises as they make money hand over fist. As a fan, I'm only concerned about how transactions affect the salary cap.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, the Seahawks would have been much worse off had they paid him a long term extension. I don't feel too much pity for actual costs for NFL franchises as they make money hand over fist. As a fan, I'm only concerned about how transactions affect the salary cap.
Yes the right thing was to let him walk. I don't worry about teams or players finances, they both make bank. I do worry about the effect of contracts on the cap though and tend to side with the team more often then not. 53 players divide a pie and players always want extra big slices for themselves.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually Dak wanted a 4 year contract and the rumor was he turned down a 5 year 175 mill contract. Dak and his Agent BOTH said they were never offered that contract. So i don't know who to believe but i will lean more on to the Agent and Daks side of things. Dallas is trash from top to bottom and i have never felt they ever believed in Dak at all. Dak is a great QB but Jerry Jones doesn't believe it in my eyes or he is just a racist piece of shit and doesn't want a black QB as the face of his franchise. I mean why else would he not be 100% sold on a 4 year deal? It's stupid as it gives the team a out if Dak just stinks it up. I would have gave Dak that 4 year contract in a heartbeat because he is a very good QB! Sure he is no Russell Wilson but then again in my eyes... NO ONE BUT RUSSELL IS!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually Dak wanted a 4 year contract and the rumor was he turned down a 5 year 175 mill contract. Dak and his Agent BOTH said they were never offered that contract. So i don't know who to believe but i will lean more on to the Agent and Daks side of things. Dallas is trash from top to bottom and i have never felt they ever believed in Dak at all. Dak is a great QB but Jerry Jones doesn't believe it in my eyes or he is just a racist piece of shit and doesn't want a black QB as the face of his franchise. I mean why else would he not be 100% sold on a 4 year deal? It's stupid as it gives the team a out if Dak just stinks it up. I would have gave Dak that 4 year contract in a heartbeat because he is a very good QB! Sure he is no Russell Wilson but then again in my eyes... NO ONE BUT RUSSELL IS!
You can accuse Jones of a lot of things, but I don't think racist is one of them. IDK why they couldn't come to a agreement and likely their was some doubt on just how good of a QB is he, came into play. The year Zeke was out Dak didn't look great, think had more to do with the OL breaking down. However it cast a shadow on Daks ability. Think Dak has shown he's actually pretty good now and someone will pay up for him, maybe the Cowboys themselves.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

I don't Bell anywhere near this team. We already have a good RB corp without having to add a potential attitude problem.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way... Don't want him on our team... Chris Carson is our back... We have Gordon, and Phillips still arriving... Bell will just whine and cry for not getting many touches.... IF we were going to sign anyone, sign DL and DB's...

I could see the Rams make a run at him...

Last edited:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way... Don't want him on our team... Chris Carson is our back... We have Gordon, and Phillips still arriving... Bell will just whine and cry for not getting many touches.... IF we were going to sign anyone, sign DL and DB's...

I could see the Rams make a run at him...
You guys don’t want him..... not with the chemistry u have. Plus he doesn’t bring as much to the table As you think.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus we got Penny coming back and Hyde will be back to add with Carson ha yeah we have no need or room for him. He is not better than any of those guys.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can he rush the passer? If not, it's a hard no for me.

We are set up more than good enough at RB if you ask me, and we're morphing into much more of a passing team anyway. Even if Penny doesn't play at all this year, we have plenty of capable RBs.