• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is it possible this year's BCS title will be tOSU vs. L'ville?

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both have the weakest schedules in the country. Could it be possible? All I know is that undefeated teams like TCU, BSU and Utah were denied a shot at the BCS title due to their weak schedules. Wonder if that will happen to these two schools?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am expecting tOSU to be searching for a new head coach as soon as the Outside the Lines report on CUM's cover-up of the Aaron Hernandez 'temp murder goes public.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am expecting tOSU to be searching for a new head coach as soon as the Outside the Lines report on CUM's cover-up of the Aaron Hernandez 'temp murder goes public.

Ha ha, that reminds me of one of the best game day sign's I've ever seen:

"Tim Tebow loves C.U.M. (Coach Urban Meyer)"

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both have the weakest schedules in the country. Could it be possible? All I know is that undefeated teams like TCU, BSU and Utah were denied a shot at the BCS title due to their weak schedules. Wonder if that will happen to these two schools?

They were denied based on their schedule and the fact they were in a non-BCS conference. If tOSU goes undefeated they will make it. If Lvill does, it depends on if there are any other undefeated teams. If there are, no they won't go.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State schedule is not that weak. Plus the Big10 has the championship game now, which would go towards adding more strength.

Louisville = no.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A one loss SEC team would get in over an undefeated 'Ville. So no, it's not possible.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State schedule is not that weak. Plus the Big10 has the championship game now, which would go towards adding more strength.

Louisville = no.

that is the theory behind the championship game but it is not always the truth.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How could Ohio State lose Michigan twice and still play in the BCS game?
Where did they lose scUM? They probably lost them in a gay bar.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Oregon goes undefeated they would be in over undefeated tOSU.

Oregon will have a top 5 game in Stanford. tOSU does not have that.

Undefeated Stanford would be way ahead of tOSU as well

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Oregon goes undefeated they would be in over undefeated tOSU.

Oregon will have a top 5 game in Stanford. tOSU does not have that.

Undefeated Stanford would be way ahead of tOSU as well

It also would depen on the eye test from the voters. 2/3 of the formula are polls.

While tOSU had some wins that were I sores, the voters ted to see this and drop in the polls. Like LSU at the beginning of last year. If tOSU meets expectations and whips everyone like projected they wouldnt drop in said polls.

Last year Oregon got big boosts from both the Harris and Coaches polls due to the thrashings they handed out in their wins. They were more so hurt in the SOS department.

Didnt matter in the long run as Stanford won and Oregon finished with a loss.

But if Oregon goes undefeated and beats Stanford (hypothetically) and thrashed the rest of the competition like last season, and tOSU throws up a couple times like last season (Indiana and Cal) Oregon would be ahead in 2 of 3 categories in the formula.

SOS is a toss up between the 2 but I give edge to Oregon right now

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Such as when?

Pac 12 first championship game Oregon vs UCLA- Oregon gained nothing beating 6-6 UCLA
last years game I cant imagine Stanford really benefited from beating the same team in 2 weeks time.

2005 Big 12 title game I dont see how Texas got a boost from beating 7-5 Colorado 70-3

from my understanding the 2004 Auburn Tennessee game didnt do Auburn any favors either since AU had beat Tenn earlier in the season as well.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lville is pretty overrated right now and I don't see them running the table this year

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OSU will be hard to overtake if they run the table.

1. Rabid fan base. TV wants them
2. Hard to overtake an undefeated
3. See USC/OU and Auburn

Louisville may get passed by 1 loss team. Though much of the media will be playing up the Sugar Bowl win. Louisville fans may be doing hte Gator Chomp all year, because a good Florida team will be the crux of their argument

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pac 12 first championship game Oregon vs UCLA- Oregon gained nothing beating 6-6 UCLA
last years game I cant imagine Stanford really benefited from beating the same team in 2 weeks time.

2005 Big 12 title game I dont see how Texas got a boost from beating 7-5 Colorado 70-3

from my understanding the 2004 Auburn Tennessee game didnt do Auburn any favors either since AU had beat Tenn earlier in the season as well.

Oregon played 6-6 UCLA because USC couldn't play. That is an exception to the rule.

Stanford got some benefit, but not much as they had a decent SoS already.

The game is going to benefit the teams that have weaker SoS most.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a chance, I bet they'd put a 2 loss SEC team in over Louisville.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

3. See USC/OU and Auburn

Louisville may get passed by 1 loss team. Though much of the media will be playing up the Sugar Bowl win. Louisville fans may be doing hte Gator Chomp all year, because a good Florida team will be the crux of their argument

1) TV has nothing to do with it. The Harris voters have no vested interest in sending a household name to the NATTY. And for that matter the coaches even more so. And the cpu SOS are set in stone and monitored. THe cpus dont give two rips who makes the NATTY.

Since they got rid of the AP as a part of the BCS equation, this argument is null and void.

I never have understood the TV thing. For BCS at large games it rings true. For determining who plays in the NATTY it is the furthest thing from the truth.

2) Yes, most likely an undefeated gets the nod.... Not in Louisville's case this season however. 1 loss SEC, 1 loss Oregon or Stanford, 1 loss tOSU is in over undefeated Louisville.

1st off all the above mentioned teams will start several spots higher in the polls than Ville. Since 2/3 of the BCS is voters, most likely a loss by the fore mentioned to a quality team wont drop them below Ville in either poll. Then comes the cpus. This is a rare year in that Ville's SOS is soooo bad that a one or even two loss fore mentioned team will still be higher in the CPUs.

TonyTheGator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

3. See USC/OU and Auburn

Sorry. Last season has nothing to do with this season.