• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is It Just A Matter Of Time???

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New rule to add ejection for intentional high hit

"The NCAA Football Rules Committee said it had unanimously approved strengthening of the penalty for intentional above-the-shoulder hits. The 15-yard penalty will now have an ejection tacked on, assuming the Playing Rules Oversight Panel approves the plan next month."

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How will they ever determine intention?

One day we will be able to tell out grandkids about the days of "football."

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I blame the idiotic players who are currently suing the NFL. Fucking ridiculous.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How will they ever determine intention?

One day we will be able to tell out grandkids about the days of "football."

Well, if the refs subscribe to the same theory of what is and isn't holding as those refs presiding over the Super Bowl then I would expect precisely ZERO ejections - Haha!

As for the Grandkids comment - So True Brother - So True!

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they do, and the 49ers extend Goldson... might as well get used to him only playing 10 games a year.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I blame the idiotic players who are currently suing the NFL. Fucking ridiculous.

This is the answer. This is why I have such a low opinion of lawyers. These clowns would sue everyone on this forum for literally any stupid thing if they thought they'd win enough money. These assholie NFL players just saw a chance to get some more money (on top of the obscene sums they've already been compensated for their play) for doing nothing and all of a sudden became victims. And that's why the NFL is getting pussier & pussier.

I'm so sick of jackasses in ths country making victims out of everyone. How can I qualify as a victim to get something from somebody for doing nothing? Screw the morality of it. Dignity? Who cares?

What's that you say? 240 pound guys who run a 4.5 40 coming at you full speed might give you long-term head trauma? Get out of here!

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the answer. This is why I have such a low opinion of lawyers. These clowns would sue everyone on this forum for literally any stupid thing if they thought they'd win enough money. These assholie NFL players just saw a chance to get some more money (on top of the obscene sums they've already been compensated for their play) for doing nothing and all of a sudden became victims. And that's why the NFL is getting pussier & pussier.

I'm so sick of jackasses in ths country making victims out of everyone. How can I qualify as a victim to get something from somebody for doing nothing? Screw the morality of it. Dignity? Who cares?

What's that you say? 240 pound guys who run a 4.5 40 coming at you full speed might give you long-term head trauma? Get out of here!

Don't know if that was intentional or not, but I'm totally using that forever now.

"You know, you're being kind of assholie right now."

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But the NFL DOESN'T decide when a penalty needs to be called.

Right.

WWE.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Oh it was intentional. You like huh? I hope it takes off better than my last catch phrase.

I went around saying people were getting "Mutombo'd," meaning they were rejected somehow.
"What'd that girl say when you asked her out?" Man, I got Mutombo'd'."

I also like to say something like, "that's Jimmy's problem" or "talk to Jimmy about that" when I don't care about it. They ask me who Jimmy is, and I say "Jimmy crack corn and I don't care."

And I haven't even been drinking! Ok I'm done now.

Last edited by a moderator:

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh it was intentional. You like huh? I hope it takes off better than my last catch phrase.

I went around saying people were getting "Mutombo'd," meaning they were rejected somehow. "What'd that girl say when you asked her out?" Man, I got Mutombo'd'."

I also like to say something like, "that's Jimmy's problem" when I don't care about it. They ask me who Jimmy is, and I say "Jimmy crack corn and I don't care."

Sick, dating back to 2002, you're my favorite poster I've encountered in these forums. Gonna be laughing about this one for the rest of February.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And then people defend them by saying that the fact people are paid more now means somehow that they weren't paid a lot then. Or that the fact the NFL makes a lot that they deserve more. Not relevant. They took the pay over alternatives and they want more.

Then, when someone has the risks happen, they act like it was impossible without fault of others. That's why they are called risks, because they could happen. For example, there are bad doctors out there, but often patients will sue when they aren't 100% and they came in 50%. But I left at 90%! There are risks to surgery. All the doctor can do is what is medically possible and even then there are risks. Even if the doctor does it right, he has to go through the legal process, clear his name, and his premium still goes up. My dad has had to go and testify about medical cases for his peers, for those he doesn't know but is an expert in the field, it's ridiculous.

The lawyers try to build one statement on another to form crazy conclusions. One bad example is, "if you knew that doing it this way would cause harm would you have done it that way?" What a shitty question. First, there's no way to know beforehand what will happen 100% so that wasn't what a doctor would be choosing from. Second, you would never say, I would do this if I knew that it would cause harm. But the honest answer would imply something wrongful was done. A friend of my dad got fooled on that one when he answered that he would do it differently. The only acceptable answer is that he did it the correct way with all the information that he had and years of experience, knowledge of the customs of the industry, knowledge on the recent medical research, and review of the specific case of the patient, considering medical history, age, etc. of the patient.

Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went around saying people were getting "Mutombo'd," meaning they were rejected somehow.

[YOUTUBE]KAm-kDXX0f4[/YOUTUBE]

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Intentional is very subjective and I have a feeling that you won't see very many ejections result from it and it's just for court so they can say they did something about it.

Like Sick said this all stems from the lawsuits and Goodell and now the NCAA are trying to get in front of them by adding all these ridiculous safety rules to prevent future lawsuits.

I'm for making the game safer but I think it should be done through better and safer equipment not by expecting defensive players to have split second reactions to avoid the head.

The Goldson hit on Hernandez in the Patriots game is a prime example of this as Goldson had a good clean tackle but Hernandez lowered his head and there was no way for Goldson could avoid a helmet to helmet hit.

Working on making a better helmet and have these players sign a waiver saying they fully understand that playing football is a dangerous sport with potential long term health effects and they waive the right to sue anybody for those health effects as a result from playing.

my2cents

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

That is such an ignorant post. For starters, lawyers do a job, they don't seek out the clients or convince them to sue, clients have that decided before they step foot in the office (despite prevailing social beliefs). In addition, the mere presence of a lawsuit shouldn't cause the NFL to make all the dramatic changes that have been made recently unless even the NFL thinks there is some credibility to the claims.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And then people defend them by saying that the fact people are paid more now means somehow that they weren't paid a lot then. Or that the fact the NFL makes a lot that they deserve more. Not relevant. They took the pay over alternatives and they want more.

Then, when someone has the risks happen, they act like it was impossible without fault of others. That's why they are called risks, because they could happen. For example, there are bad doctors out there, but often patients will sue when they aren't 100% and they came in 50%. But I left at 90%! There are risks to surgery. All the doctor can do is what is medically possible and even then there are risks. Even if the doctor does it right, he has to go through the legal process, clear his name, and his premium still goes up. My dad has had to go and testify about medical cases for his peers, for those he doesn't know but is an expert in the field, it's ridiculous.

The lawyers try to build one statement on another to form crazy conclusions. One bad example is, "if you knew that doing it this way would cause harm would you have done it that way?" What a shitty question. First, there's no way to know beforehand what will happen 100% so that wasn't what a doctor would be choosing from. Second, you would never say, I would do this if I knew that it would cause harm. But the honest answer would imply something wrongful was done. A friend of my dad got fooled on that one when he answered that he would do it differently. The only acceptable answer is that he did it the correct way with all the information that he had and years of experience, knowledge of the customs of the industry, knowledge on the recent medical research, and review of the specific case of the patient, considering medical history, age, etc. of the patient.

This, this, and this. :agree:

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I also like to say something like, "that's Jimmy's problem" or "talk to Jimmy about that" when I don't care about it. They ask me who Jimmy is, and I say "Jimmy crack corn and I don't care."

Ha... when I was back in highschool me and my good friend tried to start the phrase "Bonded." We were both really big fans. So whenever someone did something smooth, or hooked up with a girl then didn't talk to her or whatever you would use it. Like, "Ah man, Jesse just Bonded that girl." It wasn't the best catch phrase and it never caught on, but we tried.

And we also used one that went, "Man, now these have to be my ____ pants!" For whenever you got excited about something like you creamed yourself. Like in the context of the 49ers after last years playoff win vs Ne Orleans..."Awe man...now these have to be my Vernon Davis the "Catch III" pants!"

I have since given up on trying to create catch phrases.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Remember the lady who was trying to take McDonalds to court for making her kids fat?