• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Collusion the right word to describe what's going on in LA with AD ?

Is Collusion the right word to describe what's going on in LA with AD ?

• Yes...Bron Bron and Unibrow have the same agent

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Yes...LA is clearly breaking a laundry list of rules

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Yes...Lakers are doing what Cavs did and I don't like it

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • No...I don't know what that word means

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Potato Salad with carrots

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This repsonse goes out to @Mecca as well.
IT may not hold a grudge today. But he was devastated when this deal went down. That was clear.
Yeah... IT's human... I don't begrudge him being emotional at the time... I had very mixed feelings about it as a fan... I'm sure the C's weren't happy he was leaving... it wasn't personal.

That said, so what?

The fact that IT wanted back in tells us the C's didn't screw him. IT wasn't lied to or led on... and there is no evidence that the C's medical staff misled him either.
tlance said:
And the damage IT did to his body playing through those injuries for the Celtics may well have ruined his career. I am not even saying that Ainge did the wrong thing in dealing him. It is pretty clear that from a basketball perspective it was the correct move. But it was cold blooded.
I think you're trying to have it both ways here... unless you mean something by "cold blooded" that is substantially different than how I would use that phrase.

To me, cold blooded has a distinct negative connotation. It implies the party that was cold blooded did something wrong.

So you're saying in the same breath that the C's were both right and wrong... which is mush.

If the C's didn't lie to him or lead him on or anything like that... (and there is no evidence that they did)... this was pure business, not anything else. Remember that Isaiah was hinting at a desire for a huge payday as well... ("gonna have to back up the Brinks truck!")... leave injury issues aside, it was very debatable that any team should pay a 5'9" hopeless defensive liability like IT superstar money.
tlance said:
Also, for as long as I can remember, core Celtic players ALWAYS seem to be involved in trade rumors. It is the reason Ray Allen opted to go to Miami. While I don't think the Celtics would ever flip AD, the harsh reality is that signing a long term deal in Boston means that you KNOW Ainge will move you if it serves the team's future.

Better get that NTC.
Meh. Any well run team should move you if it serves the team's future. That's the business.

If any player doesn't like it... they can go to a poorly run team and deal with all the negatives that that entails. Good luck on the Knicks if you don't like the reality of the business. ;)

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This repsonse goes out to @Mecca as well.

Yeah... IT's human... I don't begrudge him being emotional at the time... I had very mixed feelings about it as a fan... I'm sure the C's weren't happy he was leaving... it wasn't personal.

That said, so what?

The fact that IT wanted back in tells us the C's didn't screw him. IT wasn't lied to or led on... and there is no evidence that the C's medical staff misled him either.

I think you're trying to have it both ways here... unless you mean something by "cold blooded" that is substantially different than how I would use that phrase.

To me, cold blooded has a distinct negative connotation. It implies the party that was cold blooded did something wrong.

So you're saying in the same breath that the C's were both right and wrong... which is mush.

If the C's didn't lie to him or lead him on or anything like that... (and there is no evidence that they did)... this was pure business, not anything else. Remember that Isaiah was hinting at a desire for a huge payday as well... ("gonna have to back up the Brinks truck!")... leave injury issues aside, it was very debatable that any team should pay a 5'9" hopeless defensive liability like IT superstar money.

Meh. Any well run team should move you if it serves the team's future. That's the business.

If any player doesn't like it... they can go to a poorly run team and deal with all the negatives that that entails. Good luck on the Knicks if you don't like the reality of the business. ;)

Maybe cold blooded was a bit harsh.

Is it the business?

Yes.

At the same time, I never heard any prominent Spurs players in trade rumors until Kawhi demanded it. Never hear Warriors in real trade rumors. I could go on, but you get the point.

Ainge is trying to build a championship team and he doesn't have it yet. So I get that he has to make moves. So do players around the league. But at the same time, his rep as a GM is that he will trade anybody anytime. And that may prove to hurt him in recruiting the truly elite guys. At least with some.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once the Pelicans decided to listen to the lakers, the refused 5 trade offers.

AD can say or do anything he wants, but he's goit two years left on his present contract after this year and the pelicans own his ass. They want something big, maybe a bit too big, but they hold all of the cards. The lakershave publicly said that all players are on the table except LeBron. What do they have to offer in the way of draft picks?? The Lakers first Round at this time would be 16th or 17th which isn't worth much and if the Pelicans gave them AD future 1st Round picks would be worse.

If the pelicans wait until the season is over, they can do much better for themselves and not feel pressured to do anything. AD will just have to wait.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If LeFailure is involved there will automatically be collusion involved. Its been going on since 2010 historically with "The Decision" . This time its working against the washed up Bum however and backfiring on his HGH Mug

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once the Pelicans decided to listen to the lakers, the refused 5 trade offers.

AD can say or do anything he wants, but he's goit two years left on his present contract after this year and the pelicans own his ass. They want something big, maybe a bit too big, but they hold all of the cards. The lakershave publicly said that all players are on the table except LeBron. What do they have to offer in the way of draft picks?? The Lakers first Round at this time would be 16th or 17th which isn't worth much and if the Pelicans gave them AD future 1st Round picks would be worse.

If the pelicans wait until the season is over, they can do much better for themselves and not feel pressured to do anything. AD will just have to wait.

One year left. Last year is a player option. And yes obviously NO is going to wait for the summer.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe cold blooded was a bit harsh.

Is it the business?

Yes.

At the same time, I never heard any prominent Spurs players in trade rumors until Kawhi demanded it. Never hear Warriors in real trade rumors. I could go on, but you get the point.

Ainge is trying to build a championship team and he doesn't have it yet. So I get that he has to make moves. So do players around the league. But at the same time, his rep as a GM is that he will trade anybody anytime. And that may prove to hurt him in recruiting the truly elite guys. At least with some.
:noidea: I don't know, man.

I don't deny that the C's have been involved in a lot of trade rumors these past several seasons. IMO, that's for 2 main reasons:

1.) Boston is one of big franchises in the NBA... big media market.
2.) Boston has been arguably the richest franchise in terms of trade assets these past several seasons.

#2 is the more important, but it's amplified by #1.

Now, any time a scenario comes up where trades are talked this past few seasons... and any party wants a bidding war and the price raising... Boston's name gets thrown in the mix.

That just is what it is, and totally makes sense... it's how the game is played.

But you (and others out there in the media and what not) make it sound like this set of affairs is because of Boston and how they run things... like they're a crazy organization...

... that's just a mischaracterization, IMO. A misconstruing of why Boston's name is always attached to every possible move in the NBA recently.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't deny that the C's have been involved in a lot of trade rumors these past several seasons. IMO, that's for 2 main reasons:

2.) Boston has been arguably the richest franchise in terms of trade assets these past several seasons.

Now, any time a scenario comes up where trades are talked this past few seasons... and any party wants a bidding war and the price raising... Boston's name gets thrown in the mix.

That just is what it is, and totally makes sense... it's how the game is played.

But you (and others out there in the media and what not) make it sound like this set of affairs is because of Boston and how they run things... like they're a crazy organization...

... that's just a mischaracterization, IMO. A misconstruing of why Boston's name is always attached to every possible move in the NBA recently.

I would agree...

Except this goes back to the big 3 era. Ray Allen was forever on the trade block.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For better and for worse the players run the league. It's good for me because I'm a W's fan and they're on top but after this team splits up god knows when the next time this team is going to be on top.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For better and for worse the players run the league. It's good for me because I'm a W's fan and they're on top but after this team splits up god knows when the next time this team is going to be on top.

Dude after this run I won't mind if we suck for 10 years

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How unexpected, drama involving the Lakers LOL

Hollywood indeed.

This has more to do with lebron, and his camp starting the rumor that they want Walton gone...

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has more to do with lebron, and his camp starting the rumor that they want Walton gone...

Every player not named James being on the trading block certainly doesn't help matters out.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One more I would add for Boston, with all those assets, they look good, not great. They are a day away from being a 5th seed in the east (tied with three teams there now).

Not exactly in a position of power and right now look a clear step back from Milwaukee and Toronto. When adding Hayward and Irving back to a roster that was a game from the finals last year, now not being on the inside track to the Conference finals this year with the Cavs no longer in the way, a shakeup will get talked about. If they were on pace for 60 wins right now with the #1 seed, there'd be a lot less talk.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more I would add for Boston, with all those assets, they look good, not great. They are a day away from being a 5th seed in the east (tied with three teams there now).

Not exactly in a position of power and right now look a clear step back from Milwaukee and Toronto. When adding Hayward and Irving back to a roster that was a game from the finals last year, now not being on the inside track to the Conference finals this year with the Cavs no longer in the way, a shakeup will get talked about. If they were on pace for 60 wins right now with the #1 seed, there'd be a lot less talk.
Meh. C's started out 10-10, they've been doing pretty good since then. Hayward is the only cylinder not firing... which matters, of course, but come playoff time they'll simply play him much less.

Boston has beat Toronto 2 of 3 head to head this year. They're not a clear step back from anyone in the East.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. C's started out 10-10, they've been doing pretty good since then. Hayward is the only cylinder not firing... which matters, of course, but come playoff time they'll simply play him much less.

Boston has beat Toronto 2 of 3 head to head this year. They're not a clear step back from anyone in the East.

I agree Toronto might cool enough for the Celtics to catch them. Milwaukee looks to be pulling away strong right now though.

But they are clearly a 3rd seed at best right now, 5th seed at worst, and on pace for their worst record in the past 3 years. Doing well at the Garden right now, but not good on the road, and have a road heavy season going forward. Plus looking now like they will struggle to have home court advantage for the Conference finals, or even the Conference Semi's. Not something people were chatting about them to start the season.

2017 the IT year they were a 1 seed in the East
2018 a 2 seed in the East
2019 got Kyrie and Hayward back and on pace for a 3-5 seed (Remember that is with the Cavs no longer as a top team, and them getting up to that with a home favored schedule).

The Celtics and fans may feel fine in the middle of the Eastern Conference playoff pack rather than at the top, but if you want to know what fuels trade speculations which was what I was addressing, it's a big name team that's made aggressive moves and taken a step back from where they were expected to be.

I'm all for them not being as dominant as people thought they would be because it makes for better playoff basketball with them, Philly and Indy making up a strong second tier of teams in the East right now. Should make for some good playoffs.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Toronto might cool enough for the Celtics to catch them. Milwaukee looks to be pulling away strong right now though.

But they are clearly a 3rd seed at best right now, 5th seed at worst, and on pace for their worst record in the past 3 years. Doing well at the Garden right now, but not good on the road, and have a road heavy season going forward. Plus looking now like they will struggle to have home court advantage for the Conference finals, or even the Conference Semi's. Not something people were chatting about them to start the season.

2017 the IT year they were a 1 seed in the East
2018 a 2 seed in the East
2019 got Kyrie and Hayward back and on pace for a 3-5 seed (Remember that is with the Cavs no longer as a top team, and them getting up to that with a home favored schedule).

The Celtics and fans may feel fine in the middle of the Eastern Conference playoff pack rather than at the top, but if you want to know what fuels trade speculations which was what I was addressing, it's a big name team that's made aggressive moves and taken a step back from where they were expected to be.

I'm all for them not being as dominant as people thought they would be because it makes for better playoff basketball with them, Philly and Indy making up a strong second tier of teams in the East right now. Should make for some good playoffs.
Again, C's started out 10-10. Even if we want to put a strong focus on regular season stuff... (not necessarily a good policy in the NBA)... it's not as bad as you or other media talking heads make it out to be. The Celtics have been playing pretty well since their lackluster start.

At the beginning of the season, both Hayward and Jaylen Brown were playing poorly. Since then, Jaylen Brown has been playing well... and that's made a huge difference...

... this C's team now is clearly different than the one that started 10-10.

Hayward is definitely a concern. They're giving him minutes in the regular season... hoping he'll come around. If he doesn't... his minutes will almost certainly get cut in the post-season... and the C's will be that much better when it counts.