• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Collusion the right word to describe what's going on in LA with AD ?

Is Collusion the right word to describe what's going on in LA with AD ?

• Yes...Bron Bron and Unibrow have the same agent

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Yes...LA is clearly breaking a laundry list of rules

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Yes...Lakers are doing what Cavs did and I don't like it

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • No...I don't know what that word means

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Potato Salad with carrots

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players can't collude.

Well, they can.

But, it's not illegal.

If we have a issue with what they are doing, we have to have a issue with Pop and the other small markets actively discouraging teams not to do business with the Lakers.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we have a issue with what they are doing, we have to have a issue with Pop and the other small markets actively discouraging teams not to do business with the Lakers.

THAT is actual collusion.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Collusion implies wrongdoing by the Laker FO.

This is certainly a power play by Rich Paul and AD, but it isn't collusion.

This.

I’m sure Lebron and Paul are recruiting brow hard.

Player recruiting is basically impossible to regulate.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players can't collude.

Well, they can.

But, it's not illegal.

How what pop did isn’t a violation of some kind is unfathomable to me.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't remember seeing or hearing anything about the Greek Freak. He was fined for his "wink, wink, nod, nod" comments on a late night talk show re: Paul George.

He wasn't fined much because the NBA took into consideration that he was new to being a GM and may not have known that wasn't okay (I'm sure being Magic didn't hurt either lol).

"He's going to be like an MVP, a champion, this dude he's going to put Milwaukee on the map," Magic told ESPN of the Greek Freak. "And I think he's going to bring them a championship one day."

LOL at that being tampering.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"He's going to be like an MVP, a champion, this dude he's going to put Milwaukee on the map," Magic told ESPN of the Greek Freak. "And I think he's going to bring them a championship one day."

LOL at that being tampering.

THe NBA making laughable decisions is an everyday event.

The fact that it hurts the lakers though, makes it national news and essentially Haley’s comet

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Magic has been fined twice and we all don’t think he’s involved now? Ok. Guess I’m wrong.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it's petty too.

With that being said, please don't let them get Davis...lol

Not surprised.

Low character action from a low character person

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Magic has been fined twice and we all don’t think he’s involved now? Ok. Guess I’m wrong.
It's not what we know, it's what we can prove.

There is no doubt in my mind that LeBron, Paul discussed this Shit with the Lakers front office.

Chris Paul and Harden are the ones who went to the Rockets to get the ball rolling on his trade.

Unfortunately, that's an accepted business practice.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For it to be collusion isn't there supposed to be something concrete like a recorded call or written statement of them talking about what to do and trying to get out of New Orleans?

Also it seems illegal but players can have dinner and talk about whatever they want and they both share the same agent so a dinner between LBJ and AD with their paid agent present seems legal

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For it to be collusion isn't there supposed to be something concrete like a recorded call or written statement of them talking about what to do and trying to get out of New Orleans?

Also it seems illegal but players can have dinner and talk about whatever they want and they both share the same agent so a dinner between LBJ and AD with their paid agent present seems legal

Exactly. It’s hard to regulate, if not impossible.

Friends are gonna hang out and talk about working together.

Shit that’s usual for normal people. Why wouldn’t these guys want to?

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprised.

Low character action from a low character person
Can't wait to hear the reasoning on this nonsense

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is almost no question that Lebron, Rich Paul, Magic, and AD are all colluding.

And there is almost no question that the league will never be able to prove it.

And there is also almost no question that this sort of thing happens pretty frequently with all sorts of teams.

Don't get me wrong, I think it is destructive to the league to have the big market teams pushing around the small market teams like this. But I can't think of a solution to the problem, other than changing the salary cap rules.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is almost no question that Lebron, Rich Paul, Magic, and AD are all colluding.

And there is also almost no question that this sort of thing happens pretty frequently with all sorts of teams.

Don't get me wrong, I think it is destructive to the league to have the big market teams pushing around the small market teams like this. But I can't think of a solution to the problem, other than changing the salary cap rules.

I'm too busy enjoying the fact that overreactive owners are seeing how their stupid policies over players having the audacity to want to play where they want continue to blow up in their faces.

Small teams not being able to do S&Ts lose their guys for nothing at all (KD)

Teams dumping their potential supermax players rather than pay them (Cousins)

Teams dumping guys they signed to more money than anyone else could (Blake)

It's funny to watch smart men keep overreacting and making dumb decisions.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree with pretty much all of this. The Lakers just need to make sure they keep Magic away from any microphones. lol

Not sure I'd call this "pushing smaller market teams around". OKC and San Antonio sure weren't pushed around and so far, it doesn't look like the Pels are going to allow themselves to be pushed around either.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with pretty much all of this. The Lakers just need to make sure they keep Magic away from any microphones. lol

Not sure I'd call this "pushing smaller market teams around". OKC and San Antonio sure weren't pushed around and so far, it doesn't look like the Pels are going to allow themselves to be pushed around either.

Both OKC and San Antonio are demonstrably worse because of their superstars leaving. The Pelicans are almost certain to be as well.

When it is all said and done, the Pelicans weren't going to keep AD. Not sure why Paul thought it necessary to make it public. I don't really get who that really benefits.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both OKC and San Antonio are demonstrably worse because of their superstars leaving. The Pelicans are almost certain to be as well.

When it is all said and done, the Pelicans weren't going to keep AD. Not sure why Paul thought it necessary to make it public. I don't really get who that really benefits.

And?

Players wanted out and were able to leave. Not sure how that's them getting pushed around. It's not like it's only small market teams that lose players.