• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Collusion the right word to describe what's going on in LA with AD ?

Is Collusion the right word to describe what's going on in LA with AD ?

• Yes...Bron Bron and Unibrow have the same agent

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Yes...LA is clearly breaking a laundry list of rules

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Yes...Lakers are doing what Cavs did and I don't like it

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • No...I don't know what that word means

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Potato Salad with carrots

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weren't you one of the ones that cried Collusion when Bron Bron went to Cleveland?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What exactly did the Lakers organization do wrong?

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AD just recently switched to lebrons same agent, not by accident either. Not a concidence

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Collusion implies wrongdoing by the Laker FO.

This is certainly a power play by Rich Paul and AD, but it isn't collusion.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, LeBron, Davis and the agent might be playing some dirty pool but I don't think this is a case of the Lakers organization being behind it.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Collusion implies wrongdoing by the Laker FO.

This is certainly a power play by Rich Paul and AD, but it isn't collusion.

Yep exactly.

This is all Rich Paul, AD, and some Lebron.

So no collusion IMO

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Magic Johnson, a two time offender of tampering, isn't involved? Interesting.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron had dinner with AD a month ago and now he is demanding a trade.

Yeah Lebron had a lot to do with this for sure

So, AD is the only player Lebron has had dinner with? Interesting.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, AD is the only player Lebron has had dinner with? Interesting.

Never said that but there was already talk about AD and Lakers. Plus they share agents

I'm not expecting Lebron and Klay to have dinner on Saturday Night following the game

Is it a crazy thought that a month ago when they had dinner, Lebron pushed influenced him a bit to make this request? I think not

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Magic Johnson, a two time offender of tampering, isn't involved? Interesting.

You know something we don't?

Magic is smarter after he got in trouble for that PG-13 situation. He has direct contact with LBJ and Rich Paul. Pretty easy to use them as his messenger without being directly involve.

So once again this is not collusion.

This is all AD, Lebron, and their agent.

Nothing the league can do about that

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

People act like Magic recruited Lebron, you don't think he had his mind up WAY before. Lebron does the recruited, players recruit players now, it's how it works for the most part especially superstars...well in this case it's could be their agent as well.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When was the 2nd tampering?

Here's the thing:

Is it collusion? On some level, I'm sure it is. At least by the letter of the law.

The problem is proving it. Also, while it may be collusion according to the letter of the law...it may not necessarily be collusion or even tampering under NBA rules.

Unless there is proof of some kind of directive coming from the Lakers FO to get Lebron and Rich Paul to work with AD on getting out of New Orleans and coming to the Lakers...it can't be proven.

Players are allowed to talk to each other about teaming up.

Players and their agents are allowed to make demands/requests of the team they are playing for to be moved, have their contracts extended, etc.

Players agents are allowed to talk to other teams to gauge the teams interest in the player.

Teams are allowed to contact other teams and inquire about a players availability for a trade.

The only reason Magic was fined in the PG situation is because he went on a talk show and publicly made a comment re: another teams player and wanting him for the Lakers. Even then, it was a bit of a stretch because he was asked a question and answered with a hypothetical. But the league had to do something because it came real close to tampering and a message needed to be sent league wide to prevent others from doing the same.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When was the 2nd tampering?

Here's the thing:

Is it collusion? On some level, I'm sure it is. At least by the letter of the law.

The problem is proving it. Also, while it may be collusion according to the letter of the law...it may not necessarily be collusion or even tampering under NBA rules.

Unless there is proof of some kind of directive coming from the Lakers FO to get Lebron and Rich Paul to work with AD on getting out of New Orleans and coming to the Lakers...it can't be proven.

Players are allowed to talk to each other about teaming up.

Players and their agents are allowed to make demands/requests of the team they are playing for to be moved, have their contracts extended, etc.

Players agents are allowed to talk to other teams to gauge the teams interest in the player.

Teams are allowed to contact other teams and inquire about a players availability for a trade.

The only reason Magic was fined in the PG situation is because he went on a talk show and publicly made a comment re: another teams player and wanting him for the Lakers. Even then, it was a bit of a stretch because he was asked a question and answered with a hypothetical. But the league had to do something because it came real close to tampering and a message needed to be sent league wide to prevent others from doing the same.

Ok, That’s probably correct.
What about the fine last summer? Magic did or said something about the Greek Freak. Tampering I think they called it.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, That’s probably correct.
What about the fine last summer? Magic did or said something about the Greek Freak. Tampering I think they called it.

Don't remember seeing or hearing anything about the Greek Freak. He was fined for his "wink, wink, nod, nod" comments on a late night talk show re: Paul George.

He wasn't fined much because the NBA took into consideration that he was new to being a GM and may not have known that wasn't okay (I'm sure being Magic didn't hurt either lol).