• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Big Ben still elite?

well...............

• Total voters

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a tough question to answer because he's an elite QB if you look at his career. Unless your name is Tom Brady, you are gonna have a fall off in production as a QB towards your final years. I honestly, unfortunately, think this is Ben's final year and if he keeps playing the way he is right now, it might be for the best. Right now is he elite? No. Has he been over the last 3-4 years? Yes. Has he been over his entire career? Yes. But the Big Ben playing right now is nowhere near an elite QB.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a tough question to answer because he's an elite QB if you look at his career. Unless your name is Tom Brady, you are gonna have a fall off in production as a QB towards your final years. I honestly, unfortunately, think this is Ben's final year and if he keeps playing the way he is right now, it might be for the best. Right now is he elite? No. Has he been over the last 3-4 years? Yes. Has he been over his entire career? Yes. But the Big Ben playing right now is nowhere near an elite QB.

I disagree with saying that Ben was an elite QB. He was very good, but I don't think he was elite. IMO

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with saying that Ben was an elite QB. He was very good, but I don't think he was elite. IMO

How come you don't think he's elite? I think we can agree guys like Tom Brady, Drew Brees and Peyton Manning were/are elite. Does Aaron Rodgers make that elite cut for you?

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Compared to Ben, yes.

Ben Roethlisberger Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Aaron Rodgers Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

For instance, quarterback rating. Ben never had a year that equals Rodgers career ratin.

I definitely agree that Aaron Rodgers is elite. You won't win 2 MVP awards, a Super Bowl and be named to 6 pro bowls without being elite. To defend Ben, I would say his clutch performances (29 4th quarter comebacks, 39 game winning drives), his 2 Super Bowl rings, ROTY award, 5 pro bowls would also help him in the elite category. Granted, he's never been the league MVP, but he is 1 of only 12 QBs to win more than 1 Super Bowl as well.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. A very good QB through out his career in a sport that's difficult to find a franchise QB in. I reserve the term elite for those you'd put on Mount Rushmore like Johnny U, Montana, Manning... Big Ben is not in that class.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That doesn't matter, last week he called out his best wide out for his tantrum on the sideline, its not a one sided topic, bad game or not he shouldn't put out the comments he made yesterday cause some reporter got under his skin, it adds more crap to an offense struggling right now....
Oh, I agree that he has to be smarter with the reporters in his face. It's just tough to have them vultures in your face week after week when the team is struggling, I think. No excuses, just a little perspective.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

Attachments

• upload_2017-10-9_14-49-54.gif
    upload_2017-10-9_14-49-54.gif
    2.2 MB · Views: 4

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure. I think a big, big reason he was as good as he was, the ability to move around in the pocket, and shrug off would be defenders, extend the plays where WR's get wide open.

Now, I've not seen much football this year, but I always thought that when the end was near for Ben, it would be when he stops being able to move around in the pocket/outside the pocket to extend those plays. That's always been his bread and butter, IMO. If he's not doing that, then he's probably at the end. Not to mention, he's a QB that has taken tons of hits. Those catch up at some point, and for him I always thought it would show up in his inability, one day, to be mobile/extend plays.

If he can do that, then maybe he's hitting a rough patch. Only time can tell.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She thinks my Big Ben is still elite.....

oh wait...

wrong thread.....

wrong forum even!

Shit.......

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely agree that Aaron Rodgers is elite. You won't win 2 MVP awards, a Super Bowl and be named to 6 pro bowls without being elite. To defend Ben, I would say his clutch performances (29 4th quarter comebacks, 39 game winning drives), his 2 Super Bowl rings, ROTY award, 5 pro bowls would also help him in the elite category. Granted, he's never been the league MVP, but he is 1 of only 12 QBs to win more than 1 Super Bowl as well.

Do you think he goes into the HOF?

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think he goes into the HOF?

I do however, if you put Big Ben in, you have to at least consider putting Eli Manning in as well and that's where the lines get blurry lol. Some of Eli's stats are about the same, if not better than, some of Ben's.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta say this and it's NOT a shot at Ben or the steelers fans but all we've heard his entire career is how "tough" Ben is and what a pussy Brady is. Before the season started Ben was talking about retirement. After yesterday's game he's openly questioning "if he's still got it". Some say that's just talk but I see it as mental weakness. I see Brady on the sidelines of the SB down 25 and he's motivating teammates. Telling them it ain't over. Pats get off to a rough start this season and lose two at home and he's the same guy. How does Ben hope to lead and inspire this team with his talk recently? How are guys gonna believe in him if he doesn't believe in himself and says as much?

The steelers better start winning or else this defeatist talk could take over the locker room and that team. Tough to call a guy "elite" with that nonsense going on.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do however, if you put Big Ben in, you have to at least consider putting Eli Manning in as well and that's where the lines get blurry lol. Some of Eli's stats are about the same, if not better than, some of Ben's.

To me, that's the exact analysis. It's close in the case of Ben. Real close. Problem is if he's in... Then so are a lot of other guys.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a first ballot HOFer if he walks away tomorrow. Which I think he should.

The word elite, isn't something I like to see anyone called. But if the word has to exist, you can use it on the bulk of Bens career.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta say this and it's NOT a shot at Ben or the steelers fans but all we've heard his entire career is how "tough" Ben is and what a pussy Brady is. Before the season started Ben was talking about retirement. After yesterday's game he's openly questioning "if he's still got it". Some say that's just talk but I see it as mental weakness. I see Brady on the sidelines of the SB down 25 and he's motivating teammates. Telling them it ain't over. Pats get off to a rough start this season and lose two at home and he's the same guy. How does Ben hope to lead and inspire this team with his talk recently? How are guys gonna believe in him if he doesn't believe in himself and says as much?

The steelers better start winning or else this defeatist talk could take over the locker room and that team. Tough to call a guy "elite" with that nonsense going on.
He's sick of his teammates imo. Mainly the two most skilled ones.

And he should walk away before it gets worse. Ain't nobody changing those two at this point.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a first ballot HOFer if he walks away tomorrow. Which I think he should.

The word elite, isn't something I like to see anyone called. But if the word has to exist, you can use it on the bulk of Bens career.

I guess it would depend on your definition of elite. Top 10%? top 20% if it's 10%, was Ben ever considered on of the top 3 QBs while he is playing? He played at a high level for a long time. Career-wise, yes HOF.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know I will catch some flack on this, but I think Eli is a HOFer, too.