• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Baker Mayfield a Top 10 QB

Is Baker Mayfield a Top 10 QB

• Total voters

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz has a better arm than Baker. Turns the ball over less too.
Well, You are wrong on both of those. Wentz led the league in turnovers last year in only 11 games and has the most fumbles of any QBsince 2018. And Wentz does not have a better arm. Maybe about equal there but Wentz is afraid to use his now that his psyche is so fragile. Threw only one deep ball vs. one of the weaker secondaries Sunday.
Enough said. I'm not getting into some endless debate about it.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, You are wrong on both of those. Wentz led the league in turnovers last year in only 11 games and has the most fumbles of any QBsince 2018. And Wentz does not have a better arm. Maybe about equal there but Wentz is afraid to use his now that his psyche is so fragile. Threw only one deep ball vs. one of the weaker secondaries Sunday.
Enough said. I'm not getting into some endless debate about it.

Wentz has one of the strongest arms in the league. Baker does not. Wentz is capable of making throws due to this a strength that Baker simply is not capable of throwing.

Wentz has a 2% interception percentage in his career and baker a 2.9%. Last year was a. Disaster for Wentz but prior to that he had thrown just 7 interceptions in 3 straight seasons.

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe not top 10, but maybe top 12, or 13., right now. Could easily crack the top 10 . That said, I'll have to admit that I think he is the best QB the Browns have had in recent memory. The Browns have a history or ruining Qb's and Mayfield has hung in there and has the Browns as a legit contender.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz has a better arm than Baker. Turns the ball over less too.
Better arm? It's splitting hair tbh, both have great arm talent but Baker throws a better ball. Wentz played on way better teams to start his career but it all comes down to how you perform on the field and Wentz can't even stay on the field. Baker for being a "smaller" guy has been very durable to this point in his career. He hasn't missed a game to this point in his career, after sitting his first couple games in his rookie year.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz has one of the strongest arms in the league. Baker does not. Wentz is capable of making throws due to this a strength that Baker simply is not capable of throwing.

Wentz has a 2% interception percentage in his career and baker a 2.9%. Last year was a. Disaster for Wentz but prior to that he had thrown just 7 interceptions in 3 straight seasons.
Baker has a very strong arm, I know a lot are surprised bc he is shorter but he has a rocket arm.

So let’s answer that question with another question. How does anyone throw a football over 70 yards through the air, the longest pass ever observed in an NFL game, with a weak arm? This is simply not possible.

As a point of reference, the NFL used to have a Quarterback Challenge show in which the NFL quarterbacks participated in different contests including a contest to see who could throw a football the farthest. In 2003, Tom Brady won it with a heave of 62 yards. In 1999, Brett Favre won with a monstrous bomb of 75 yards.

Baker Mayfield: 5 incredibly stupid myths about the Browns quarterback

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,201.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have him around the 18th best QB in the league. I'll give him the slight edge over Jimmy G because Jimmy G can't stay healthy at all.

1. Mahomes
2. Brady
3. Wilson
4. Rodgers
5. Jackson
6. Dak
7. Herbert
8. Stafford
9. Watson
10. Murray
11. Tannehill
12. Big Ben
13. Carr
14. Burrow
15. Wentz
16. Cousins
17. Goff
18. Baker
19. Garoppolo
20. Ryan
Herbert at 7 over some experienced vets like Ben and Staff? LOL.

Goff over Mayfield? LMAO

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better arm? It's splitting hair tbh, both have great arm talent but Baker throws a better ball. Wentz played on way better teams to start his career but it all comes down to how you perform on the field and Wentz can't even stay on the field. Baker for being a "smaller" guy has been very durable to this point in his career. He hasn't missed a game to this point in his career, after sitting his first couple games in his rookie year.

It's not splitting hairs. Wentz has a rocket arm. He can make throws only players like Rodgers and Josh Allen can make due to that arm strength.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baker has a very strong arm, I know a lot are surprised bc he is shorter but he has a rocket arm.

So let’s answer that question with another question. How does anyone throw a football over 70 yards through the air, the longest pass ever observed in an NFL game, with a weak arm? This is simply not possible.

As a point of reference, the NFL used to have a Quarterback Challenge show in which the NFL quarterbacks participated in different contests including a contest to see who could throw a football the farthest. In 2003, Tom Brady won it with a heave of 62 yards. In 1999, Brett Favre won with a monstrous bomb of 75 yards.

Baker Mayfield: 5 incredibly stupid myths about the Browns quarterback

Nice long windup stepping into it with his everything. Baker doesn't have the arm that Wentz has as seen by the below two throws Wentz made purely off of his elite arm strength.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Herbert at 7 over some experienced vets like Ben and Staff? LOL.

Goff over Mayfield? LMAO

I would without question take Herbert over Ben and Stafford right now.

Goff is a better pass than Baker. It is what it is.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's right there in the discussion, no question about it. Crazy one play can change peoples' opinions though. If it wasn't for him getting tripped up he had a picture perfect game vs KC on the road. Sure, no TD's but no need to pass inside the 5 with that OL and run game.

I wasn't basing anything on this weekend's game specifically for his overall ranking.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's in a large 9-20 bracket. On a good year he'd be top 10. On a bad year he'd be nearer 20. Most years he won't be top 10.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would without question take Herbert over Ben and Stafford right now.

Goff is a better pass than Baker. It is what it is.

Sure, because of age and salary vs Stafford, but Herbert is still a work in progress. Ben is barely hanging on at this point, but is still a wily veteran.

Goff is pretty much Sam Bradford, Captain Checkdown. Put up most of his stats this weekend in garbage time against a prevent defense. Of course, the Niners let it get a little too close lol.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hey homer this! Mr. Z.

If you just read that and don't look at his stats it's a bit misleading. 35 of those int's were in his rookie year (14) & his second year (21) when Fratboy Freddie was the HC.

Look what he did last year when he had a competent HC. 8 int's in 486 pass attempts.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, because of age and salary vs Stafford, but Herbert is still a work in progress. Ben is barely hanging on at this point, but is still a wily veteran.

Goff is pretty much Sam Bradford, Captain Checkdown. Put up most of his stats this weekend in garbage time against a prevent defense. Of course, the Niners let it get a little too close lol.

No im not really factoring in the age and absolutely not factoring in the salary.

I'm very high on Herbert, bieve he will be in the conversation for MVP this season and many seasons going forward.

Goff is also playing with no talent whatsoever in Detroit while Baker couldn't be in a better surrounding case on offense.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No im not really factoring in the age and absolutely not factoring in the salary.

I'm very high on Herbert, bieve he will be in the conversation for MVP this season and many seasons going forward.

Goff is also playing with no talent whatsoever in Detroit while Baker couldn't be in a better surrounding case on offense.

One of the main reasons Goff is no longer a Ram is that he always checked down and needed the head coach to help read the defenses for him. He's an NFL QB, but nothing special.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the main reasons Goff is no longer a Ram is that he always checked down and needed the head coach to help read the defenses for him. He's an NFL QB, but nothing special.

That's how I view Baker. An NFL QB, but nothing special. I think he could be more successful than Baker in that stacked offense.