• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Baker Mayfield a Top 10 QB

Is Baker Mayfield a Top 10 QB

• Total voters

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayfield playing in Seattle seems to make sense.

But PC already said the team's not interested in him. But PC also said they wouldn't trade Wilson.

If the Seahawks go with Lock then they wanna lose a lot next season to get a high draft pick in '23.

Living in Broncos country I've seen enough of Lock to know he's no teams long term answer at QB. He's not starting QB material.
Pete doesn't want to lose games, there just wasn't any better options then what they have already.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are absolutely dreaming there.

There is no way a team is going to take on his entire salary. Mostly because no one has that much space left under their cap (dont be fooled by cap space you see right now....none of it includes rookie contracts yet). And there is no way someone is going to pay a 3rd for a guy everyone knows the Browns dont want on their roster.

And I say that entirely knowing that 16 months ago I would have said that there is no way Carson Wentz goes for more than a 3rd rounder. And he has been traded not once but twice for more!

I just cant imagine a team bidding against themselves at this point in the offseason.
why I said also very possible they'd take whatever was offered if a team took on entire salary. But my answer was in regards to someone saying Browns might just be asking for too much....and at this point there's no reason not to.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ian hecox fist shake GIF

If Mayfield ends up on the Seahawks I'm really going to want to hurt someone or something. Even if they simply get him as a FA.
So what team will you root for if Baker is a Seahawk? Shit, watch him play good and they sign him long-term

Ncaa Football Please GIF by ESPN College Football

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think prior to the draft the Browns could of moved Mayfield for a deal like Bridgewater to Bronco's last season. Panthers paid 17 out of the 20 million due Bridgewater and accepted a future 6th round pick for him. Not a lot difference between Bridgewater and Mayfield. However it seems the Browns over played their hand and teams went another (cheaper) direction to fill the gap at QB and so here we are.
Thinking they'd rather just keep baker than pay nearly his entire salary for a late round pick....or at least wait it out as what's the rush?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope some team is willing to trade for him. Don't wanna see BM just released. But wouldn't be surprised if that's what happens.
could happen, but I'd be surprised.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont worry.
Pete Carroll isnt a sand bagger. He wants to win. He will try to win.
He will go get Baker when push comes to shove.
Baker is a type of guy Pete would like to have on the team
Seattle will save the Browns from releasing him
Right guys?
Image result for evil grin gif
Actually a very good point and something I never thought of before. Carroll has a lot of fire, I see that same fire in Baker. I think Carroll would absolutely love him if he plays up to what he wants from the position, big question mark

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless Seattle is going full tank Baker is substantially better than anything they have.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete doesn't want to lose games, there just wasn't any better options then what they have already.

I think for the betterment of the team the Seahawks should trade for BM.

disclaimer- sarcasm2.gif

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually a very good point and something I never thought of before. Carroll has a lot of fire, I see that same fire in Baker. I think Carroll would absolutely love him if he plays up to what he wants from the position, big question mark
:nod:
Image result for you know it gif

Time to get him a plane ticket to Seattle!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea we all know your stance...he has to cross his fingers he can make a 53 man roster. Nothing Lock or Smith has accomplished is even close to what Baker has done.

Drew Lock is terrible.
So is Mayfield. What's your point?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW, A simple google search shows that Geno Smith is ahead of Drew Lock currently on the depth chart.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea we all know your stance...he has to cross his fingers he can make a 53 man roster. Nothing Lock or Smith has accomplished is even close to what Baker has done.

Drew Lock is terrible.
Even with Geno's short stint of "success" in Seattle, Baker would easily be the starter on that team. Not even a debate

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those depth charts really don't mean much this time of year.
Oh, I know but its Pete Carroll emphasizing it.

“They are really focused to show well,” Carroll told reporters when asked about his veteran quarterbacks. “These guys understand what’s at stake, and the [competition] of it all. And so they were really tuned in. They’re giving everything they’ve got, everything they were doing, from the communication part of it, they’re studying extra, they’re getting in early they’re trying to make sure that they put them themselves in the best position. It’s really obvious. Geno has come back. Like we said, he has so much command of what we’re doing, that he just automatically is ahead. He’s trying to ride that and build on that. I’m proud of the way he’s taking to it.”

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I know but its Pete Carroll emphasizing it.

“They are really focused to show well,” Carroll told reporters when asked about his veteran quarterbacks. “These guys understand what’s at stake, and the [competition] of it all. And so they were really tuned in. They’re giving everything they’ve got, everything they were doing, from the communication part of it, they’re studying extra, they’re getting in early they’re trying to make sure that they put them themselves in the best position. It’s really obvious. Geno has come back. Like we said, he has so much command of what we’re doing, that he just automatically is ahead. He’s trying to ride that and build on that. I’m proud of the way he’s taking to it.”
Have you read what he has to say about Lock? Things like the Seahawks could win a championship if Lock plays to his potential like he did early on at Denver. Pete says a lot of things, almost always in a positive outlook, take it with a grain of salt.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you read what he has to say about Lock? Things like the Seahawks could win a championship if Lock plays to his potential like he did early on at Denver. Pete says a lot of things, almost always in a positive outlook, take it with a grain of salt.
Thats fair. Im just assuming that Carroll is at least somewhat sane. If he starts Lock, he is telling everyone that he is tanking for 2023