• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Baker Mayfield a Top 10 QB

Is Baker Mayfield a Top 10 QB

• Total voters

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz hurt again.

That doesn’t make Baker any better though. This thread is dumb.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carson "Clutch" Wentz more turnovers when it counts!

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh ya think correctly...

I said Baker would be a massive bust... so far he's not been a massive bust... thus I'm a little pissed at my own opinion... I'll gladly admit I was wrong given a couple years but I'm not sold on Baker YET. Hence "Baker Mayfraud" lol (I mean it's just so fitting, c'mon!)

All said, I said Russell Wilson was a stupid pick as well. WOOPS. I've owned up to that several times on this board.
Before draft all I had thought was take your favorite QB don't care which one. admitteldy, figured (hoped?) it would be Darnold but when they picked him it as ok....better have gotten it right. While possible he wont be the best in the class I'd say so far so good.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before draft all I had thought was take your favorite QB don't care which one. admitteldy, figured (hoped?) it would be Darnold but when they picked him it as ok....better have gotten it right. While possible he wont be the best in the class I'd say so far so good.

dt I seriously have no clue what you're saying or what the fuck your point is.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really man.

They underachieved by a good bit. Probably 3-4 games in 1 season.

That isn’t worst coach of all time resume. Plenty of coaches have done that.
It wasn't the wins and losses....though with the talent they had they should have won more than 6. He was just a complete dunderhead, insecure, etc.

Have to say I just got my first look of Culley and a very small sample size but he did some things that had me thinking of Freddie when it came to decisions on whether to go for it, accept penalties, etc.

Did hang in with his 3rd string QB, though.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dt I seriously have no clue what you're saying or what the fuck your point is.
Before the 2018 draft with the #1 pick and needing a QB in a QB heavy draft I just wanted Dorsey to take a QB #1. Whoever he thought was the best one.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But his balled out best season wasn't any better than Wentz's 2019 season when he had all sorts of oline injuries and was throwing to practice squad WRs.
Interesting. Baker was playing today without his top 2 WRs and completed 90% of his passes with around 10 yards/completion.

Also, was referring to a game he balled out. A pretty big one against the steelers.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bakers best season last year wasn't even better than Wentz's best 3.

How about Baker tossing an INT right now and then dislocating his arm?
how about it? I'm sure if it was Wentz you'd correctly blame it on the WR for cutting his route short. He dd have another incompletion in the game, as well.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is a 0% chance Mayfield is the best QB of that draft. He’s already in the bronze medal game.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't the wins and losses....though with the talent they had they should have won more than 6. He was just a complete dunderhead, insecure, etc.

Have to say I just got my first look of Culley and a very small sample size but he did some things that had me thinking of Freddie when it came to decisions on whether to go for it, accept penalties, etc.

Did hang in with his 3rd string QB, though.

You can’t say that a dude who coached 1 year at 6-10 is in the convo for worst coach of all time. That is just flat foolish.

There are have been plenty of terrible coaching tenures in the NFL.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a 0% chance Mayfield is the best QB of that draft. He’s already in the bronze medal game.

Def looks like Allen is the guy but as to Lamar the jury won't be done on that for a long time.

I'm fine they didn't take Allen his stats coming out of college were concerning. His development in the NFL has been amazing.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Def looks like Allen is the guy but as to Lamar the jury won't be done on that for a long time.

I'm fine they didn't take Allen his stats coming out of college were concerning. His development in the NFL has been amazing.
I don’t really see Mayfield as comparable to either of them tbh.

Lamar’s legs won’t hold out forever. But he has a higher completion percentage. And Mayfield has thrown over twice as many picks. Hard to imagine Mayfield getting an MVP either.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can’t say that a dude who coached 1 year at 6-10 is in the convo for worst coach of all time. That is just flat foolish.

There are have been plenty of terrible coaching tenures in the NFL.
I can say it and did. You can disagree if you like. But Freddie was in a class by himself when it came to managaing the clock, TOs, etc and was beyond insecure for a guy who was expected to be a leader of men. Guy was his own worst enemy as he got rid of all the coaches who helped make his rookie QB successful because of his insecurities.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t really see Mayfield as comparable to either of them tbh.

Lamar’s legs won’t hold out forever. But he has a higher completion percentage. And Mayfield has thrown over twice as many picks. Hard to imagine Mayfield getting an MVP either.

I see much of Lamar's success being entirely dependent on his legs. Passing included. The entire scheme is based around his mobility. As I said we will see once it is all said and done. Obviously Lamar has a pretty solid early lead.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You get that is only your opinion, right? Allen has had one great year, one OK and one awful. All in same system with same coach. Baker has had one good, one really good and one awful season. 4 different coaches/systems. Each has one playoff win.

LJ does have the best season among the 3 but not sure how much his legs hold out for him which will be critical to ultimately remain the best or top 2. In addition, thinking having a solid to elite D has helped him...and, of course, same system every year.

FYI, none of this is to say I think Baker is or will be the best....but absurd to say 0% chance.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Totally agree. admittedly Allen has been much better than I expected. Long way to go to determine who's the best in this class, though.