• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is anyone tired of seeing a laughably BAD Eastern Conference?

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
both are free agents after next year

if you dont plan on signing both- now would be a good time to get value for one of them

Avery is 18ppg and shooting almost 50% from 2pt and over 40% from 3 pt. He is also a 6 reb a night man and the best D guard out there. We are winning without him. Its possible that Ainge could shop him but I dont know many players who have that Shooting and that Defense in one package.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs would have AT LEAST 3 of the 4 best, if not the 3 best players in a series with Boston.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Avery is 18ppg and shooting almost 50% from 2pt and over 40% from 3 pt. He is also a 6 reb a night man and the best D guard out there. We are winning without him. Its possible that Ainge could shop him but I dont know many players who have that Shooting and that Defense in one package.
Avery's shooting has come a long way since he entered the league. He is a very good 2 way player.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at some point though you gotta turn those draft picks and cap space into a star.

as much as i think jaylen brown is gonna be really good- and of course whoever they pick with the Nets pick will be really good- those guys arent gonna be ready to beat bron bron for a while.

as i said- if they can conglomerate those assets/picks/cap room - into one more high level player- id be more prone to saying Boston is becoming a team on equal footing as the Cavs.

if all they do is use those picks on players and keep growing this thing organically- they are gonna run into salary problems- and those young guys wont be develped enough to be big time players in the next few seasons.

now if tomorrow you guys dealt Smart, Rozier and the Nets pick for Jimmy Butler-- and used the some different assets to get Vucevic- and you had a starting lineup of:

PG- Thomas
SG- Bradley
SF- Butler/Crowder
PF- Horford
C- Vucevic

then id start putting you on somewhere near equal footing as the Cavs

However

PG- Thomas/Smart/Rozier
SG- Bradley/Young
SF- Crowder/Brown
PF- Horford/Jerebko
C- Amir Johnson/Kelly Olnyk

just isnt good enough to beat:

PG- Kyrie/Shumpert
SG- JR/Korver
SF- Bron/Jefferson
PF- Love
C- Thompson/Frye
Horford would def be the center. If anything Vucevic can stretch.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horford would def be the center. If anything Vucevic can stretch.
totally disagree- Horford is much more comfortable at PF then Center and has better range then Vucevic.

not saying 3 pointers are everything- but horford has a better mid range game then vucevic too

but 3 pt game vucevic is irrelevant
horford takes 4.5 threes a game- and is shooting in the mid thirties

vucevic takes 1 three a game and shoots under 30%.

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
totally disagree- Horford is much more comfortable at PF then Center and has better range then Vucevic.

not saying 3 pointers are everything- but horford has a better mid range game then vucevic too

but 3 pt game vucevic is irrelevant
horford takes 4.5 threes a game- and is shooting in the mid thirties

vucevic takes 1 three a game and shoots under 30%.
I feel like Horford looks way more comfortable at Center this year then any year of his career.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In bostons system the 4 or the 5 is less important except for who guards the big horford tries but he is more a 4 defensively than a 5. They need either Zizic to be that guy or trade for one

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs would have AT LEAST 3 of the 4 best, if not the 3 best players in a series with Boston.

A year or two from now we will have the bigger, faster, tougher team

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 years from now Isiah Thomas/Bradley/ and Smart will all be free agents and the Celtics will have major issues on their hands----

maybe by then they make a trade for a legit top 10 player....until then,

do you really see a team led by Isiah Thomas, Jae Crowder, Bradley, Hofrord, etc. really challenging Bron Bron and his dudes?

There are only 2 kinds of people who call Lebron Bron Bron. Those who are mocking him and gays.

Which are you?

:dhd:

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm tired of seeing a laughably bad NBA.

Besides the Cavs, Warriors, Rockets (Who in past has been the place of say OKC), Spurs, the entire league is not real contenders for a title.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm tired of seeing a laughably bad NBA.

Besides the Cavs, Warriors, Rockets (Who in past has been the place of say OKC), Spurs, the entire league is not real contenders for a title.

Why don't you have a good cry about it, and we can recap later?

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you ask me Chris paul is still the best all around Guard in the league, okay now ask me!

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was one of my top fantasy picks, but honestly , i didnt expect him to be this good.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was one of my top fantasy picks, but honestly , i didnt expect him to be this good.

Boston model seems to be get fast tough players who can play D and develop them into shooters. It only works if you choose the right personalities.....very Belichecky. Now its Smart, then Rozier, then Jackson.