• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is anyone tired of seeing a laughably BAD Eastern Conference?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trojan, it was a good game friday night. Its clear that the Lakers have shooters, good shooters. They need to work on the defense. I would gladly take swaggy p IF I had solved our rim protector issue first. BTW, Imgram will be a star in this league.

Yeah, it was a fun game to watch. The kids are doing alright. They know how to compete, but they don't know how to win. Also, as you point out, they need to get better on defense.

I think Swaggy or Lou would be a great addition to a playoff team that needs a shooter. Lou would be more reliable than Swaggy. But I have no complaints about his play this year. He loves playing for Luke, which certainly helps.

Can't wait until both the Celtics and Lakers are relevant and the rivalry means more than just bragging rights again.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect in 3 to 4 years we will rebuild the hate (rrrr I mean respect) for each other. This league needs the two legendary franchises back where they belong (and sixers too). Sixers rebuild is real now

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Celtics will be the #1 team in the east by this time next year. Wiggy, you have 12 months to gloat.
maybe if Durant signs with you guys it would be close. If you trade for Jimmy Butler maybe a series isnt a foregone conclusion.

other than that? cmon man.

You have Isiah Thomas leading the team in the 4th quarter. The Cavs have LeBron James. Kevin Love is miles better than Al Horford. Kyrie Irving cannot be stopped.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have Isiah Thomas leading the team in the 4th quarter. The Cavs have LeBron James. Kevin Love is miles better than Al Horford. Kyrie Irving cannot be stopped.

The Celtics brand of ball is draft/trade for defensive linebackers (Smart, Crowder, Dancing Bear, Brown), train them up to shoot the three, spread the floor with 5 options vs 2, and in the last 5 minutes give the ball to the best finisher in the NBA. I think father time is coming, maybe its two years, but there will be a new sheriff in town soon enough

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Celtics brand of ball is draft/trade for defensive linebackers (Smart, Crowder, Dancing Bear, Brown), train them up to shoot the three, spread the floor with 5 options vs 2, and in the last 5 minutes give the ball to the best finisher in the NBA. I think father time is coming, maybe its two years, but there will be a new sheriff in town soon enough
2 years from now Isiah Thomas/Bradley/ and Smart will all be free agents and the Celtics will have major issues on their hands----

maybe by then they make a trade for a legit top 10 player....until then,

do you really see a team led by Isiah Thomas, Jae Crowder, Bradley, Hofrord, etc. really challenging Bron Bron and his dudes?

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 years from now Isiah Thomas/Bradley/ and Smart will all be free agents and the Celtics will have major issues on their hands----

do you really see a team led by Isiah Thomas, Jae Crowder, Bradley, Hofrord, etc. really challenging Bron Bron and his dudes?

A cocky Cleveland fan. Funny.

Enjoy the one, because Bron Bron is done.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A cocky Cleveland fan. Funny.

Enjoy the one, because Bron Bron is done.
its cocky to think that the Cavs with LeBron are better then the Celtics when practically every person alive has picked the Cavs to win the East?

sorry to offend your tender sensibilities.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its cocky to think that the Cavs with LeBron are better then the Celtics when practically every person alive has picked the Cavs to win the East?

sorry to offend your tender sensibilities.

What??? Everyone picked the defending champs to win their conference? What a strange phenomenon.

Discounting the Celtics and Wizards this year is just plain dumb.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What??? Everyone picked the defending champs to win their conference? What a strange phenomenon.

Discounting the Celtics and Wizards this year is just plain dumb.
i dont think it is. I dont think they are even close to the Cavs yet-

Boston has the asets to be if they dealt for a J. Butler or something- but as presently constructed they would struggle to get passed 5 games in my opinion.

The Wizards?- ha...the Wizards have been playing great OF LATE- but a month ago they were some bullshit team. I give them credit for pulling themselves out of the muck of the middl/bottom of the Eastern Conference--- but there is an AWFUL big gap between being the 4th seed in the East and having a legitimate chance to Dethrone the King.

I mean- John Wall is a great player--- but you arent gonna win a conference if your next best guys are Beale, Porter and Gortat....thats just not nearly enough firepower.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think it is. I dont think they are even close to the Cavs yet-

Boston has the asets to be if they dealt for a J. Butler or something- but as presently constructed they would struggle to get passed 5 games in my opinion.

The Wizards?- ha...the Wizards have been playing great OF LATE- but a month ago they were some bullshit team. I give them credit for pulling themselves out of the muck of the middl/bottom of the Eastern Conference--- but there is an AWFUL big gap between being the 4th seed in the East and having a legitimate chance to Dethrone the King.

I mean- John Wall is a great player--- but you arent gonna win a conference if your next best guys are Beale, Porter and Gortat....thats just not nearly enough firepower.

Do you think the Cavs win tonight?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think the Cavs win tonight?
yah i do think they will win

its not gonna be easy though - Wiz are prob the hottest team in the league right now. 17 in a row at home is not unimpressive.

In a 7 game series- i just dont think the Wiz have near enough after Wall--- Porter/Beale/Gortat just isnt scaring the Cavs.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah i do think they will win

its not gonna be easy though - Wiz are prob the hottest team in the league right now. 17 in a row at home is not unimpressive.

In a 7 game series- i just dont think the Wiz have near enough after Wall--- Porter/Beale/Gortat just isnt scaring the Cavs.

The play of Markieff is what has really kicked them into gear. They are playing fantastic "team" ball. I'm not saying I would bet against the Cavs winning the East this year, I just think it's going to be very interesting. They don't have the motivation of winning one for Cleveland anymore either.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The play of Markieff is what has really kicked them into gear. They are playing fantastic "team" ball. I'm not saying I would bet against the Cavs winning the East this year, I just think it's going to be very interesting. They don't have the motivation of winning one for Cleveland anymore either.
Porter has been the guy i am impressed with- isnt he like the leagues best 3 pt shooter right now?

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Porter has been the guy i am impressed with- isnt he like the leagues best 3 pt shooter right now?

Yes. He's playing really well...as is the entire starting five. Don't disrespect the Polish Hammer either.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durant should have went to the Wizards. It would have really made shit interesting.
Durant went to a team he knew there was a chance to win a championship, but Like Lebron and Bosch did when they went to Miami. He would have been better off in Oklahoma then in Washington.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your forgetting a very good bench, a stack of high level draft picks and lots of cap space . Yes, I think the Cavs are beatable, as we see in this last month despite being fully healthy. Boston wears teams down with their man child line up

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your forgetting a very good bench, a stack of high level draft picks and lots of cap space . Yes, I think the Cavs are beatable, as we see in this last month despite being fully healthy. Boston wears teams down with their man child line up

I think the Celtics have to make some type of move before the upcoming draft. The top few prospects are guards -- it is time to move Smart or maybe Bradley.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at some point though you gotta turn those draft picks and cap space into a star.

as much as i think jaylen brown is gonna be really good- and of course whoever they pick with the Nets pick will be really good- those guys arent gonna be ready to beat bron bron for a while.

as i said- if they can conglomerate those assets/picks/cap room - into one more high level player- id be more prone to saying Boston is becoming a team on equal footing as the Cavs.

if all they do is use those picks on players and keep growing this thing organically- they are gonna run into salary problems- and those young guys wont be develped enough to be big time players in the next few seasons.

now if tomorrow you guys dealt Smart, Rozier and the Nets pick for Jimmy Butler-- and used the some different assets to get Vucevic- and you had a starting lineup of:

PG- Thomas
SG- Bradley
SF- Butler/Crowder
PF- Horford
C- Vucevic

then id start putting you on somewhere near equal footing as the Cavs

However

PG- Thomas/Smart/Rozier
SG- Bradley/Young
SF- Crowder/Brown
PF- Horford/Jerebko
C- Amir Johnson/Kelly Olnyk

just isnt good enough to beat:

PG- Kyrie/Shumpert
SG- JR/Korver
SF- Bron/Jefferson
PF- Love
C- Thompson/Frye

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durant went to a team he knew there was a chance to win a championship, but Like Lebron and Bosch did when they went to Miami. He would have been better off in Oklahoma then in Washington.

You're wrong

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Celtics have to make some type of move before the upcoming draft. The top few prospects are guards -- it is time to move Smart or maybe Bradley.
both are free agents after next year

if you dont plan on signing both- now would be a good time to get value for one of them.