• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Insane Thought? Jay Gruden...

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't feel Mitch has regressed from last year to this one? He wasn't a world beater last year, but certainly is playing like shit this year.

He certainly has.

Again....I don't think outside help is gonna benefit him. That's what I'm saying.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
College kids learn systems quicker than NFL professionals?

NFL professionals have already learned college system by the time they get to the NFL....so the question confuses me.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He certainly has.

Again....I don't think outside help is gonna benefit him. That's what I'm saying.

Likely not. Thread title pretty much was meant to say that it a bit of "Outside the box" thinking, but....

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typically they are brought in as "advisors" for starters. To FSU as a quick example. They brought in Jim Leavitt 2 games into the season because our defense was playing like absolute crap. They titled him as a "QC Analyst"... But he was essentially brought in to fix the defense.

Successful? Eh, let's just say our defense doesn't suck as bad...

Jim Caldwell replacing Cam Cameron as OC with the Ravens in December of 2012 is a pretty good example... That worked out pretty well, won the Superbowl that year and all...

Okay so you said it happens "all the time"......and you gave me a total of 1 NFL example.

I'm not impressed.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay so you said it happens "all the time"......and you gave me a total of 1 NFL example.

I'm not impressed.

Truly don't give a flying f*ck if you're impressed. I gave you an example of a quality "Built to win now" team that was struggling on offense that brought in a new OC in DECEMBER and got them into and won the Superbowl...

Gee, no... I guess that doesn't happen all the time. Guess Baltimore shoulda stuck with Cameron because, "You aren't impressed".

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truly don't give a flying f*ck if you're impressed. I gave you an example of a quality "Built to win now" team that was struggling on offense that brought in a new OC in DECEMBER and got them into and won the Superbowl...

Gee, no... I guess that doesn't happen all the time. Guess Baltimore shoulda stuck with Cameron because, "You aren't impressed".

It’s not apples to apples.

The HC in Baltimore wasn’t also the playcaller.

It happens all the time though so tell me some more times it’s happened in the NFL with success. Cmon...impress me.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s not apples to apples.

The HC in Baltimore wasn’t also the playcaller.

It happens all the time though so tell me some more times it’s happened in the NFL with success. Cmon...impress me.

Check this shit out...
source.gif

Better recognize!

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...For OC?

Or hire him on as an "advisor" on offense?

Regardless of how silly it may or may not be to speculate on plans towards moving on from a HC who has won 15 of his 22 games (whether as a play caller or otherwise) and an NFC North title in his only full season.

Jay f'n Gruden sure does not seem like the guy you'd want to jump on as a life preserve. lol

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typically they are brought in as "advisors" for starters. To FSU as a quick example. They brought in Jim Leavitt 2 games into the season because our defense was playing like absolute crap. They titled him as a "QC Analyst"... But he was essentially brought in to fix the defense.

Successful? Eh, let's just say our defense doesn't suck as bad...

Jim Caldwell replacing Cam Cameron as OC with the Ravens in December of 2012 is a pretty good example... That worked out pretty well, won the Superbowl that year and all...

Wait... what? Caldwell was hired by Baltimore following 2011. He was their QB coach before being promoted to play caller.

He was not brought in from the outside mid-season.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not impressed.

It's not even one example. Caldwell started the year on Baltimore's staff as the QB coach.

This whole thread is just odd.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truly don't give a flying f*ck if you're impressed. I gave you an example of a quality "Built to win now" team that was struggling on offense that brought in a new OC in DECEMBER and got them into and won the Superbowl

Dude...

Why are you persisting with this lie?

Caldwell was not "brought in" during December. Did you really think we couldn't just use google?

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless of how silly it may or may not be to speculate on plans towards moving on from a HC who has won 15 of his 22 games (whether as a play caller or otherwise) and an NFC North title in his only full season.

Jay f'n Gruden sure does not seem like the guy you'd want to jump on as a life preserve. lol

Where did I suggest getting rid of Nagy?

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently there have been 16 offensive coordinator changes mid-season in the NFL over the 4 seasons prior to this one based on the following articles, which includes head coaches that gave up play calling duties...The results of which lead to that 10 of them led to improvement. I tried to dig a bit deeper from it and find which ones were HC's and where their replacements came from...but couldn't gather it, and lost interest because, in the end, who gives a sh*t to put in so much effort? Nagy's not giving up play-calling duties. (And if you do give that much a sh*t, well impress yourself...yourself)

Fire your coordinators! | Pro Football History.com

Offensive coordinators, beware! | Pro Football History.com

How much validity there is to the source I'm not going to vouch for...but if it turns out that it's hogwash, I implore richi to let them know. They'll regret that they ever posted it after he's done with them.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did I suggest getting rid of Nagy?

You've suggested bringing in Gruden to call plays, yeah? It's sort of implied when you criticize Nagy for his play calling, game planning, etc.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently there have been 16 offensive coordinator changes mid-season in the NFL over the 4 seasons prior to this one based on the following articles, which includes head coaches that gave up play calling duties...The results of which lead to that 10 of them led to improvement. I tried to dig a bit deeper from it and find which ones were HC's and where their replacements came from...but couldn't gather it, and lost interest because, in the end, who gives a sh*t to put in so much effort? Nagy's not giving up play-calling duties. (And if you do give that much a sh*t, well impress yourself...yourself)

How much validity there is to the source I'm not going to vouch for...but if it turns out that it's hogwash, I implore richi to let them know. They'll regret that they ever posted it after he's done with them.

It does not appear to mention that a new OC has ever been brought in from the outside mid-season. Which is what I figured.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True that any change is highly unlikely. Never said otherwise, which would be what led to thevthread title admitting its an odd thought.... But I forgot....

....not allowed to do that here

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've suggested bringing in Gruden to call plays, yeah? It's sort of implied when you criticize Nagy for his play calling, game planning, etc.

Nope. Doesn't imply that at all.... See, THAT thread would have mentioned something like, "Fire Nagy"...

And said, "or advise", but whatever.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does not appear to mention that a new OC has ever been brought in from the outside mid-season. Which is what I figured.

Cannot confirm or deny either way. I'd say you're probably right or, at best, very few (like 1) of them if any at all.