• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Insane Thought? Jay Gruden...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trubisky has till the end of this year to prove himself or face competition in the form of a draft pick or FA QB next year. And we need to know before Trubisky's contract is due if he is worth paying. I still believe Trubisky will come on and the game will slow down for him.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trubisky has till the end of this year to prove himself or face competition in the form of a draft pick or FA QB next year. And we need to know before Trubisky's contract is due if he is worth paying. I still believe Trubisky will come on and the game will slow down for him.

I'm trying to think of a QB that struggled for three seasons (Assuming he continues to struggle this season) that suddenly picked it up...

I'm not saying it doesn't happen, just not coming to me at the moment.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm trying to think of a QB that struggled for three seasons (Assuming he continues to struggle this season) that suddenly picked it up...

Steve Young.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steve Young.

Eh... You're trying to tell me he looked suspect for three years AS A STARTER before he kicked it into high gear?

How long was he in Tampa?

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh... You're trying to tell me he looked suspect for three years AS A STARTER before he kicked it into high gear?

How long was he in Tampa?
He'd been in the league, like 6 years, before he really did shit.

It's a totally different scenario, but still...

Kurt Warner
Rich Gannon

couple others for security measures..

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'd been in the league, like 6 years, before he really did shit.

It's a totally different scenario, but still...

Kurt Warner
Rich Gannon

couple others for security measures..

Give you Gannon... The others were sirta extraordinary circumstances.

Not trying to put you on the spot here. Sometimes you can just tell. Yeah, they have issues with bursts of brilliance and then they put it all together. Gotta be honest though. Not feeling many, "bursts of brilliance" with Trubs really... :(

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give you Gannon... The others were sirta extraordinary circumstances.

Not trying to put you on the spot here. Sometimes you can just tell. Yeah, they have issues with bursts of brilliance and then they put it all together. Gotta be honest though. Not feeling many, "bursts of brilliance" with Trubs really... :(

Plenty of brilliant athletes/QBs that never manifested in success. Hell, Cutler was a brilliant talent.

Trubisky is a weird little anomaly, in that he had a ridiculously low amount of starts/playing time going into being drafted high. His first pro season, I'm still inclined to dismiss almost entirely, cuz Fox was a bitch-assed pussy.

Last year, I am inclined to say he accounted for 4 to 5 wins by himself.

This year has been pretty fucky. Game one is all on Nagy. Gameplan was garbage. Two wasn't much better. Better since and then the injury.

Trubisky has looked confused and hesitant this season. I think he can rebound still. He may not ever be truly great, but I feel if he just gets back to his athleticism, and makes a few schoolyard plays a game, this D can get us far.

It really starts up front to me. Dominate the line, run therefrom successfully..passing game becomes easier.

Kyle Long should be benched. The whole line is suffering from his play.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like mcnabb, who was about as useless of a QB in every way besides having a strong arm. But Andy still got something out of him.

An experienced coach like Gruden that has worked with a lot of QBs would add something that the current coaches aren't doing now.

I'll never understand Philly fans and McNabb. There's no point in us conversing if you're going to go with that example. Since I have no interest in debating whether or not it is a worthwhile example. Trubisky makes McNabb look like Tom Brady. Each and every throw... McNabb threw it better than Trubisky does.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Drew Brees is a perfect modern example. Along with Alex Smith... but he never became "great" obviously.

Steve Young
Rich Gannon
Kurt Warner
Phil Simms
Warren Moon
Terry Bradshaw (won games by year #3 but was individually bad until 1975)
Brett Favre (didn't really play in year #1)

Those would be some others.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll never understand Philly fans and McNabb. There's no point in us conversing if you're going to go with that example. Since I have no interest in debating whether or not it is a worthwhile example. Trubisky makes McNabb look like Tom Brady. Each and every throw... McNabb threw it better than Trubisky does.
Obviously you didn't have the displeasure of watching every one of mcnabb's throws. A throw that short hops to the receiver is still called "a mcnabb" around here.

He had a low interception ratio. Or as John Madden put it, "he threw it so bad the defense couldn't even catch it."

I use the example here because great coaches make shit like mcnabb still work pretty well.

On the biggest of stages he'll crumble like a bitch because coaching can only take you so far. But Trubisky isn't developing at all even on the little stages because there's a lack of proper coaching.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plenty of brilliant athletes/QBs that never manifested in success. Hell, Cutler was a brilliant talent.

Trubisky is a weird little anomaly, in that he had a ridiculously low amount of starts/playing time going into being drafted high. His first pro season, I'm still inclined to dismiss almost entirely, cuz Fox was a bitch-assed pussy.

Last year, I am inclined to say he accounted for 4 to 5 wins by himself.

This year has been pretty fucky. Game one is all on Nagy. Gameplan was garbage. Two wasn't much better. Better since and then the injury.

Trubisky has looked confused and hesitant this season. I think he can rebound still. He may not ever be truly great, but I feel if he just gets back to his athleticism, and makes a few schoolyard plays a game, this D can get us far.

It really starts up front to me. Dominate the line, run therefrom successfully..passing game becomes easier.

Kyle Long should be benched. The whole line is suffering from his play.

Good post and I mostly agree...

I'm seeing a LOT of Sexy Rexy in Trubisky. Has the capability of picking up a 3rd and 14 and look brilliant and JUST when you are ready to buy in, he goes on a run of complete block-headedness...

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good post and I mostly agree...

I'm seeing a LOT of Sexy Rexy in Trubisky. Has the capability of picking up a 3rd and 14 and look brilliant and JUST when you are ready to buy in, he goes on a run of complete block-headedness...

Rex had pretty good arm talent, but like you said, wasn't the most cerebral player ever. Trubisky has great athleticism, that can make up for some of his mental shortcomings, until he hopefully he gets it.

I really don't think there's even enough tape so far this year to get a true barometer on Trubisky. Particularly with the shitty line play, poor gameplans and non-existant running game. Yes, he has looked bad, but so much goes into QB play besides just QBs.

I think the bye will help tremendously, as I believe Nagy will sit Kyle Long down, and subsequently the line will improve. Worst part of that tho, is that we will be getting into the teeth of our schedule.