• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Insane Thought? Jay Gruden...

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problems that exist won't be fixed or "helped" by bringing in a coach with no knowledge of the current system in place.
Actually that's probably the only way to fix it.

These guys have a Trubisky blindspot.

Pretty much every single QB Gruden has ever had, no matter how talentless, has produced like these current guys have Trubisky producing.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True that any change is highly unlikely. Never said otherwise, which would be what led to thevthread title admitting its an odd thought.... But I forgot....

....not allowed to do that here

You're fine. Most people do actually go with the flow and don't dissect every little piece of minutiae in posts on the never-ending, universal quest to be right on the internet.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're fine. Most people do actually go with the flow and don't dissect every little piece of minutiae in posts on the never-ending, universal quest to be right on the internet.

I somehow went from asking if Gruden could possibly help advise or something to wanting Nagy fired... Escalated fast! LOL!

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ha! Welcome to the Bears page.

Someone will be here shortly to call you a moron.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha! Welcome to the Bears page.

Someone will be here shortly to call you a moron.

And to think, all I wanted was a break from the politics forum...

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Doesn't imply that at all.... See, THAT thread would have mentioned something like, "Fire Nagy"...

And said, "or advise", but whatever.

I mentioned your wish to potentially replace Nagy as the play caller. I never insinuated that you were outright wanting to fire him.

Regardless of how silly it may or may not be to speculate on plans towards moving on from a HC who has won 15 of his 22 games (whether as a play caller or otherwise)

So... yeah... what I said is right on point.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mentioned your wish to potentially replace Nagy as the play caller. I never insinuated that you were outright wanting to fire him.

Regardless of how silly it may or may not be to speculate on plans towards moving on from a HC who has won 15 of his 22 games (whether as a play caller or otherwise)

So... yeah... what I said is right on point.

No. Not on point. I asked where I suggested "GETTING RID OF NAGY". And you proceeded to tell me where I "Implied it".

"Moving on from Nagy"

In what freaking stratosphere does this mean anything other than firing (which I did not ever suggest)?

JUST...

FUCKING...

DROP IT!!!!!!!

Seriously, do you have that capability? You make this board a fucking miserable place to discuss ANYTHING!

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Not on point. I asked where I suggested "GETTING RID OF NAGY". And you proceeded to tell me where I "Implied it".

In what freaking stratosphere does this mean anything other than firing (which I did not ever suggest)?

JUST...

FUCKING...

DROP IT!!!!!!!

Seriously, do you have that capability? You make this board a fucking miserable place to discuss ANYTHING!

Listen, first thing is first. Stop defending yourself by saying "I never talked about firing Nagy". I never said you did. The fact that you never brought it up is not germane to this discussion. I do not believe that I was disrespectful towards you at any point or time in this conversation.

I literally just showed you EXACTLY what I had said and how you misunderstood it entirely. I never accused you of wanting to fire Nagy. I mentioned "moving on from Nagy as a play caller or otherwise". That you had implied this through your talks of bringing in outside help at OC, Nagy's short comings as a play caller, offensive leader, etc.

You are getting frustrated because the sheer absurdity of this thread is being exposed. You were wrong about Jim Caldwell and now you're wrong about what I had said to you. Just cut your losses with this shit-pile of an idea.

Seriously, the notion of hiring Jay Gruden mid-season is a thought that I would expect from a barn animal or an elderly German Shepard on Oxycontin. Then, you back it up with an example of Jim Caldwell which in no way correlates. It's like you've never watched an NFL season unfold before.

People who do not resort to personal attacks at the first inkling of frustration and people who are capable of following a straight-line coherent train of thought do not have an issue interacting with me.
Funny how those two things correlate, huh?

Learn to follow a coherent train of thought, be able to account for what you have already said in a given thread... and interacting with me won't be such an issue. Yes, if you wish to debate a topic with me. I will absolutely hold you accountable for what you have said. I will back check the authenticity of your claims. I will not let you move goal posts.

I will not attack you or your thoughts personally unless you attack me.

People get pissed because they want to straw-man, misrepresent arguments, move goal posts, etc. and I set them straight on it. I refuse to debate or discuss a topic like that. I know, I'm SUCH an asshole that way. If you want to spew vomit onto your keyboard and say whatever you damn well please? Do it with somebody else. THAT SIMPLE.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually that's probably the only way to fix it.

These guys have a Trubisky blindspot.

Pretty much every single QB Gruden has ever had, no matter how talentless, has produced like these current guys have Trubisky producing.

That suggest the problem is coaching and not Trubisky.

I don’t agree with that.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That suggest the problem is coaching and not Trubisky.

I don’t agree with that.

They don't let him throw at best, and they haven't taught him right at worst.

I mean what do Doug Pederson and Andy Reid know that Nagy never bothered to pick up?

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mean what do Doug Pederson and Andy Reid know that Nagy never bothered to pick up?

They let him throw too much at times and you have zero idea what they’ve attempted to teach him unless you’re attending practices.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There's certain things that you cannot coach around. Mitch cannot process the information in front of him quickly enough to get through his progressions and his feel in the pocket is all over the place. This is what causes his issues with footwork to persist as well.

More often than often than not. Mitch is not throwing short by design. His post-snap routine includes looking to his first read... and if it isn't open? Straight to check down.

Something like this either gets better with experience or it just doesn't get better at all. There's only so much a coach can do. Mitch could absolutely still pan out into a good QB... but until the game slows down for him. It's just not going to go smoothly. Regardless of who is calling plays.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They let him throw too much at times and you have zero idea what they’ve attempted to teach him unless you’re attending practices.
More than zero. His lack of development is shown on TV every week.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's certain things that you cannot coach around. Mitch cannot process the information in front of him quickly enough to get through his progressions and his feel in the pocket is all over the place. This is what causes his issues with footwork to persist as well.

More often than often than not. Mitch is not throwing short by design. His post-snap routine includes looking to his first read... and if it isn't open? Straight to check down.

Something like this either gets better with experience or it just doesn't get better at all. There's only so much a coach can do. Mitch could absolutely still pan out into a good QB... but until the game slows down for him. It's just not going to go smoothly. Regardless of who is calling plays.
Sounds like mcnabb, who was about as useless of a QB in every way besides having a strong arm. But Andy still got something out of him.

An experienced coach like Gruden that has worked with a lot of QBs would add something that the current coaches aren't doing now.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That doesn’t expose coaching. Because again....you have no idea what the coaches are saying and doing.
Yeah it looks like they're doing nothing. Someone else might make it look like they're doing something.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it looks like they're doing nothing. Someone else might make it look like they're doing something.

Banging my head against a wall would be more productive than this conversation.

It doesn’t look like they’ve done nothing. Nagy has quite obviously done a lot. Player development also has a lot to do with the player himself. Not all players respond....not all players have the actual ability to improve.