• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

In-Season Trade Thread.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the sad part. Better than doing nothing (and I agree) is what we are competing against. I am scared of the guy. Lazy and always hurt. Talented, but availability is still the best ability.
Probably a bad atmosphere in CWS land with all the losing so maybe a better Mariners clubhouse he'd ditch the laziness and get into a mind frame of wanting post season play. Come here and make a positive mark on the franchise.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably a bad atmosphere in CWS land with all the losing so maybe a better Mariners clubhouse he'd ditch the laziness and get into a mind frame of wanting post season play. Come here and make a positive mark on the franchise.
You could be right. His talent is worth the risk. It is all about the price.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could be right. His talent is worth the risk. It is all about the price.
I will say Woo is off that potential trade list unless the FO is trading for a top 5 bat with at least 4 or more years left

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say Woo is off that potential trade list unless the FO is trading for a top 5 bat with at least 4 or more years left
I was thinking the same thing today. Obviously the league will catch up to him, so is it smart to deal him while his value is way over the top? I'm not saying no if they want to talk.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking the same thing today. Obviously the league will catch up to him, so is it smart to deal him while his value is way over the top? I'm not saying no if they want to talk.
Of course I would deal Julio in the right offer and not look back. That's just me though.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What we saw last year was the flashes of potential to fast forwarding to today he's putting it together. Agreed on not hanging up on everyone but if Woo is part of a package, it better be a top 5 bat. Anything less would be disaster and he turns into say the next Randy Johnson type player.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What we saw last year was the flashes of potential to fast forwarding to today he's putting it together. Agreed on not hanging up on everyone but if Woo is part of a package, it better be a top 5 bat. Anything less would be disaster and he turns into say the next Randy Johnson type player.
I agree it has to be a special return. But I can't for the life of me see him being anywhere near Randy level. That was elite.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think a top tier bat is going to be available though unless Jerry picks up the phone and shops Woo around. It seems Robert and Alonso are going to be the most talented guys being shopped. The one good thing with including Woo for either of those guys is I’d bet White Sox would eat some of Robert’s contract and I’d guess the Mets would basically pay all of Alonso’s contract like how they did for Scherzer and Verlander last year.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think a top tier bat is going to be available though unless Jerry picks up the phone and shops Woo around. It seems Robert and Alonso are going to be the most talented guys being shopped. The one good thing with including Woo for either of those guys is I’d bet White Sox would eat some of Robert’s contract and I’d guess the Mets would basically pay all of Alonso’s contract like how they did for Scherzer and Verlander last year.
I am fine with Taylor Ward mentioned above. Very solid and wouldn't cost the farm.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am fine with Taylor Ward mentioned above. Very solid and wouldn't cost the farm.
I don’t think Seattle could get him. That’s one team Jerry hasn’t traded with and Divish made it sound in the past a team he would never trade with.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think Seattle could get him. That’s one team Jerry hasn’t traded with and Divish made it sound in the past a team he would never trade with.
Ya I heard that also. But I thought everyone loved Jerry?

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Miller being the weakest link, I would look into a deal for Roberts and Crochet using Miller as part of the deal. They have talked about dealing both guys so go for it. 24 and a leftie that we could use in the rotation. I would deal Young in the deal with Miller to get them Add other second level players.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree it has to be a special return. But I can't for the life of me see him being anywhere near Randy level. That was elite.
He'll need to add another type off speed pitch but I think there's a small chance to be on Randy's level. Randy was no doubt elite but have to remember he had control issues before he became great. Woo gives us half of that, he'll be a solid starter for years.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe with Roberts but I'm still suspect with his injury history. Not sure giving up Woo excites me on that front. Alonso if the Mets pay half or all his salary, than more prospects will have to be involved. I'd rather take the contract and give up less prospects.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll need to add another type off speed pitch but I think there's a small chance to be on Randy's level. Randy was no doubt elite but have to remember he had control issues before he became great. Woo gives us half of that, he'll be a solid starter for years.
Solid? Maybe. Randy? Would have to disagree and that isn't a knock on him but Randy was amazing for years. I don't see Woo as an All-Star for years to come and I don't see H.O.F player at all. I think he is on a nice run but hasn't faced teams multiple times yet where they can figure him out then he would have to adjust. That is the real test.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mariners are 28th in batting average, 25th in on base percentage, and 25th in slugging percentage.

Meanwhile they are 1st in WHIP, 6th in ERA and 1st in quality starts.

This franchise knows how to identify and develop pitchers, but seems incapable of targeting hitters that will make a difference.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mariners are 28th in batting average, 25th in on base percentage, and 25th in slugging percentage.

Meanwhile they are 1st in WHIP, 6th in ERA and 1st in quality starts.

This franchise knows how to identify and develop pitchers, but seems incapable of targeting hitters that will make a difference.
Then why don't they just do the opposite of what they are doing regarding hitters? I mean they have nailed the ability to miss on them.