• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

In-Season Trade Thread.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. Yeah, there's that. Garver does hit lefties a little bit. I mean, I guess .222 is decent on this 2024 Mariner squad. I'd be all for it if they actually go through with that plan. But since his one start at catcher, he hasn't been back behind the plate in the five games since. Meanwhile, Cal just sinks further and further into the abyss. In his last 13 games he has 6 hits in his last 42 ABs with 19 strikeouts. He's been on a 145-game pace all season long. That's way too much for a catcher, even the Big Dumper. If he stays on that pace he'll end up hitting .185 with 190 strikeouts.

Cal has taken over the AL leadership in strikeouts with 73.
Julio is second. No excuse. Stupid and impatient.
Mitch G is 12th.
Mitch H is 15th.
Polanco is 22nd but would be in the top five if he hadn't been injured.
France is 31st.

So much for re-making the team for more contact and less strikeouts.
No, I am with you. They need a better backup that can give Cal a break and let him DH against righties more in my opinion. I am hoping Texas thinks Garver is their missing piece and wants him back.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh Texas will take Garver if we stay on the hook for at least $16 million of that guaranteed $24 mill+ on his contract.

Unless they want to pay him more for less production than what he gave them for $4 million or less per season with them.

Or they can entice Jerry with some of the garbage on their farm instead (more likely lol).

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Bell is a guy I mentioned in another thread. He just finished the Month of May with a stat line of .311/.372/..466/.838 and 18 RBI. He's an FA at year's end and the Marlins are hopelessly locked into last place in the NLE. I'm sure they will move him before the trade deadline. He's making $16.5 mill this year, so how much of that the Marlins are willing to eat will depend on the trade package the acquiring team offers.

But a guy I like even better and should be available is Elias Diaz of the Rockies. Cal is worn out. He only has 2 homers and 9 RBI at home this year and only hits a painful .152 against lefties. The Ms simply need a better option at backup catcher so Cal can rest or DH more often. Elias is not a product of Coors Field. He hits equally well both at home and on the road and he hits .314 against lefties. He is the perfect compliment for Cal. And he's 33 years old. He has no future in Colorado. His salary is $6 million and he is an FA at the end of the season.
I think both of those guys work if the Mariners and Marlins/Rockies trade multiple guys. Bell and one of their bullpen arms or Diaz and McMahon for France, Urias plus prospects. But I also wanted Drury with Castillo but that doesn’t seem how Jerry works.

I don’t think any team would take Garver or Polanco unless they can work a deal like how the Mets did last year where they just paid for prospects.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sports Reporter: If you could upgrade the Mariners, what would you look for?

Jer Jer, on the record: Well, we are pretty set, really. I'd like to get a versatile middle infielder to come in off the bench, a veteran 4th outfielder for flexibility, and a veteran arm to eat up some middle relief innings during those stretches when we have very few days off. But otherwise, we are pretty set. So keep buying tickets, streaming packages, and jerseys because we are an awesome team, fans!

Jer Jer, off the record: DH, Right-handed hitting catcher to platoon with Cam, first baseman, second baseman, left-hand hitting SS to platoon with Crawford, right-handed hitting third baseman to platoon with Rojas, left fielder, centerfielder, right fielder, 8th inning setup reliever, and multiple middle relievers.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sports Reporter: If you could upgrade the Mariners, what would you look for?

Jer Jer, on the record: Well, we are pretty set, really. I'd like to get a versatile middle infielder to come in off the bench, a veteran 4th outfielder for flexibility, and a veteran arm to eat up some middle relief innings during those stretches when we have very few days off. But otherwise, we are pretty set. So keep buying tickets, streaming packages, and jerseys because we are an awesome team, fans!

Jer Jer, off the record: DH, Right-handed hitting catcher to platoon with Cam, first baseman, second baseman, left-hand hitting SS to platoon with Crawford, right-handed hitting third baseman to platoon with Rojas, left fielder, centerfielder, right fielder, 8th inning setup reliever, and multiple middle relievers.
Disagree. I do think he does think they are pretty set. Since 2021 he has said the exact thing where the roster he brought into spring is the one he is ride or die with. In a way they are in the same boat as 2022 where the “big money free agent signing” has underperformed

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Twitter ain’t working for me, but Robert jacked a ball tonight and he is a guy the M’s are linked to. Not sure what Chicago would want but we can hope they just do a fire sale on everyone and they can give up just two top 6 guys.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Twitter ain’t working for me, but Robert jacked a ball tonight and he is a guy the M’s are linked to. Not sure what Chicago would want but we can hope they just do a fire sale on everyone and they can give up just two top 6 guys.
Well he seems like a Dipoto type guy. You know the type that plays 120 games a year in a good year. :)

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he seems like a Dipoto type guy. You know the type that plays 120 games a year in a good year. :)
I know a lot people are high on him and his numbers are good. I just can’t get over when he was playing in Seattle he misplayed a ball hit to hit and just jogged after it. Not sure if that kind of attitude would fit in the clubhouse. The offense isn’t very good but they do always hustle

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know a lot people are high on him and his numbers are good. I just can’t get over when he was playing in Seattle he misplayed a ball hit to hit and just jogged after it. Not sure if that kind of attitude would fit in the clubhouse. The offense isn’t very good but they do always hustle
Agreed. He is a bit lazy and not sure we have the veterans we need to kick a guy in the pants like a Nelson Cruz. Maybe we do, just not sure. Haniger maybe.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts? (Not my hypothetical. Found on twitter)

Hypothetical trade time

Mariners receive: Luis Robert Jr.

WS receive: Cole Young, Lazaro Montes, Jimmy Joyce, Alberto Rodriguez

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hypothetical trade time

I wonder if instead of Laz, they’d take Clase and Locklear or Williamson.

But I think your trade is fair. Everything I’ve read is it’s going to cost 2 of their 5.

I haven’t looked really at their roster, is there any bullpen help that you think Seattle could use?

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But I think your trade is fair. Everything I’ve read is it’s going to cost 2 of their 5.

I haven’t looked really at their roster, is there any bullpen help that you think Seattle could use?
Kopech is about the only reliever I would have any interest in.

I really don't want to trade Laz. He gives me David Ortiz vibes if traded. Colt is another guy I would hate to deal, but would in the right return.

I would deal:

Ford
Farmelo
Peete
Locklear
Arroyo
Clase
Bliss
Hancock
Evans
and anyone else outside the remaining Top 5

Also:
Canzone

If we could package a few of these guys for a real MLB bat, I am okay with it.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kopech is about the only reliever I would have any interest in.

I really don't want to trade Laz. He gives me David Ortiz vibes if traded. Colt is another guy I would hate to deal, but would in the right return.

I would deal:

Ford
Farmelo
Peete
Locklear
Arroyo
Clase
Bliss
Hancock
Evans
and anyone else outside the remaining Top 5

Also:
Canzone

If we could package a few of these guys for a real MLB bat, I am okay with it.
That’s my feeling on him too. I’m sure you will check your other notification but Celesten doing well makes Emerson available IMO. Won’t hate it Celesten and Laz are two guys I want them to keep. I will say it is nice having the conversation on who we’d like for them to keep rather than untouchables.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s my feeling on him too. I’m sure you will check your other notification but Celesten doing well makes Emerson available IMO. Won’t hate it Celesten and Laz are two guys I want them to keep. I will say it is nice having the conversation on who we’d like for them to keep rather than untouchables.
well said.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hypothetical trade time

Not my first choice due to his red flags of injuries but fuck it, better than doing nothing.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not my first choice due to his red flags of injuries but fuck it, better than doing nothing.
That is the sad part. Better than doing nothing (and I agree) is what we are competing against. I am scared of the guy. Lazy and always hurt. Talented, but availability is still the best ability.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guess I was not the only one thinking this:

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3