• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

In-Season Trade Thread.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well..belinger..is at least better .than.canzone right now..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Send garver instead..well..ok then.
I would have to..say..ok then.

I would rather have garver ..
But can't dance..so...ohh well.
I'd have to do it .
And bring zavala..

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great trade for us. But the White Sox would be crazy to package their top three trade candidates together in one package. And I'm beginning to think we will either stand pat or be deadline sellers (in Jerry's sneaking little way of selling). I can see France, Crawford, Rojas, Moore, Stanek, and Castillo all quietly on the trade block.
Oh ya this is totally one sided and I don't apologize for that...lol. We need a big win in a trade. It all depends on what teams think of Colt and Woo. If they are must haves for someone, then this trade isn't so far off. We would have to add, but I am fine with that as long as it isn't a couple must keeps in my eyes.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

From ESPN: Their Deal.​

Mariners/Giants: Trade for/trade away LaMonte Wade Jr.

The Mariners are in first place in the AL West but have issues all over the place, starting with a lineup that in one recent 10-game stretch had hit totals of 6, 5, 5, 3, 7, 15, 6, 5 and 3. From June 11 to June 29, they hit .196 -- including that 15-hit game -- yet still managed to go 9-8. That isn't going to work all season. They also have concerns about bullpen depth, and even the rotation hasn't been locked down of late, with Luis Castillo scuffling, the league figuring out Bryce Miller and Bryan Woo unable to stay healthy.

Realistically, the Mariners need two big bats. Take their Saturday lineup, for example: J.P. Crawford hitting leadoff (.215 average), Julio Rodriguez hitting second (.247, one double in his past 42 games), Cal Raleigh batting third (.202) and Mitch Garver hitting cleanup (.172). You're trying to hold off the Astros with that?

This is a franchise that spent the offseason rejiggering its roster in order to avoid increasing payroll. Even if Guerrero or Alonso were available, it seems unlikely the Mariners would trade for them (unless the Blue Jays or Mets covered some of their remaining salary in exchange for a better prospect). The Mariners do have an excellent farm system at the top with Colt Emerson, Cole Young and Harry Ford emerging as top-50 prospects and Lazaro Montes and Felnin Celestin as top-100 guys (and pitcher Logan Evans, one of the minors' top breakout performers). They have the need ... but do they have the willpower? Realistically, they need a first base/DH-type plus a corner outfielder. The less glamorous options might include Tommy Pham or Mark Canha, but I like Wade (hitting .326 with a .460 OBP) to give them some much-needed on-base skills.

As for the Giants, certainly if Blake Snell and Robbie Ray return successfully from their rehab assignments, they could make a run at a wild-card spot over the final two months, but they'll have to get hot in the next three weeks. Maybe that will happen, but this just doesn't have the feel of a playoff team. Wade is under team control through 2025, but with so few good bats likely available, the Giants should see what they can get for him.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tis the time of year for showcasing.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chisholm.... ??..
Did we not have a .Miami 2b.before...
I'm ok with anyone who can hit..

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Bowden:

"President of baseball operations Jerry Dipoto told me on my SiriusXM radio show that Seattle ownership has assured him they will absorb additional payroll and that he is willing to trade top prospects if there’s a way to add a quality bat or two at the deadline. The Mariners have touched base with practically every team in baseball and have interest in the White Sox’s Luis Robert Jr., the Cubs’ Cody Bellinger, the Marlins’ Jazz Chisholm Jr., the Mets’ Pete Alonso and the Diamondbacks’ Christian Walker. Trader Jerry is ready to go, so let the trades begin."

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Bowden:

"President of baseball operations Jerry Dipoto told me on my SiriusXM radio show that Seattle ownership has assured him they will absorb additional payroll and that he is willing to trade top prospects if there’s a way to add a quality bat or two at the deadline. The Mariners have touched base with practically every team in baseball and have interest in the White Sox’s Luis Robert Jr., the Cubs’ Cody Bellinger, the Marlins’ Jazz Chisholm Jr., the Mets’ Pete Alonso and the Diamondbacks’ Christian Walker. Trader Jerry is ready to go, so let the trades begin."
Does Dipoto know you don't have to wait until the trade deadline to make a trade? The correct time to start fixing this mess was April, not 2 weeks from now.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Dipoto know you don't have to wait until the trade deadline to make a trade? The correct time to start fixing this mess was April, not 2 weeks from now.
Jerry Boy knows if he tempers expectations he can keep his job forever. If he actually built a winner from the start of the season, he would be at risk of losing his job if the team faltered. Winning it all has never been the goal in Marinerville.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry Boy knows if he tempers expectations he can keep his job forever. If he actually built a winner from the start of the season, he would be at risk of losing his job if the team faltered. Winning it all has never been the goal in Marinerville.
Fair

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't he originally an infielder then moved to CF?
If I remember he was a SS. The way they talk on the podcasts I’ve listened to is he came up as a much better version of Dylan Moore where he was a super utility guy.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well for most trades it’s hard cause teams that are out of it are out of it for a reason and owners don’t want to lose attendance. But if they are serious about Jazz this should’ve happened in May when the Marlins sold for some reason. Sadly if the M’s trade for him I’m betting the Marlins will get a better deal than for Arraez.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it matters anymore. This ship is a sinking fast. Man the lifeboats. Women and children first.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta get the deal done quickly. Phillies making a push and yankees are rumored as well.
Well that sucks having them drive the price up. I’d honestly rather the M’s stand pat with the offense they have rather than get robbed for Jazz. Good player, but not worth one of the M’s top 10 prospects IMO unless they are taking Haniger…..which is why I like the idea of dealing with the Cubs.