• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

In Depth Look At NFL Teams Past Fifteen Seasons

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Minnesota is another team that has drafted very well last few years. Vikes have good defense. The 7-9 Vikings lost like three games by two or three points each last year they easily could've been 10-6. With Peterson back,Wallace deep threat aquired,Bridgewater a year under his belt,etc. I think this year Minnesota will be second behind Green Bay and i think the Vikings make a wild card game.

I agree....but I have 15 years of evidence that says I am probably over-estimating. :lol:

We will go as far as Teddy takes us IMO. He looked pretty good for a rookie last year....but there was enough bad too that has me ever so nervous about what he will and won't be.

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many thanks for this, always great to look back on how things where for different teams.

Yeah i think its cool to look back at who the different QB's were and how many coaches a team had. Some teams i was surprised especially Cincy because they had Carson Palmer and Andy Dalton at QB with Marvin Lewis coaching nearly the whole time. The team has made playoffs at least six or seven times too. But overall they were 21st in wins.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah there were plenty of years looking back where they should've picked QB. The killer is 2014 though because they could've had Carr,Bridgewater,Garoppolo,Mettenberger,etc. 2013 wasn't a good year BUT you could've drafted Mike Glennon who ironically the Browns have tried to trade for but Bucs werent interested. 2012 they could've had Russell Wilson. 2011 Kaepernick or Dalton......I know from keeping up with things that the Browns have tried to get Glennon and Bradford so they are trying. Ownership should be kicking himself after last year.

Going back to '99 I literally get sick thinking of all the players they have passed on. The list is staggering. And the current QB situation just doesn't give me alotta hope. I would have rather the organization kept Hoyer instead of rolling the dice like they have. It'll be interesting to see how long before owner Jimmy Haslam insists on JM getting some playing time. Because only the Browns could be dumb enough (and more than once:L) to waste a 1st rounder on a QB w/ questionable NFL skills. Brady Quinn, Brandon Weeden & last years pick of JM. The ironic thing is they were all selected w/ the 22nd pick.:gaah: When it comes to Draft Day the # 22 is now my unlucky number!:D

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning and success or lack of it has a lot to do with who each team put at QB and also how that team does drafting at that position. I looked back myself at the past 15 years of each team to see who had the most luck in regards to keeping that position running smooth and who didn't along with wins and losses..........I put each team overall in terms of what matters most WINS. Also in total coaches i didn't include interim coaches or QB's who played a game or two.

1. New England--Only had three starting QB's Brady,Bledsoe,Cassel. 175 wins and 65 losses along with 12 playoff berths,6 Super Bowl appearances and 4 titles. Had one coach in 15 year period.

See, this is bullshit, it doesn't include caught cheating twice putting an * on two of them deflated trophies.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably closer to

1. New England
2. Pittsburgh
3. Indianapolis
4. Baltimore Ravens
5. Seattle Seahawks
6. Green Bay
7. N.Y. Giants
8. New Orleans Saints
9. Philadelphia Eagles
10. Denver Broncos

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree....but I have 15 years of evidence that says I am probably over-estimating. :lol:

We will go as far as Teddy takes us IMO. He looked pretty good for a rookie last year....but there was enough bad too that has me ever so nervous about what he will and won't be.

I was pissed TN passed on Bridgewater and then drafted Mettenberger who played well for a rookie. Mettenberger set team and NFL records in two of the first three games he played in. However the team saw something in Mariota they felt like they could not refuse so they drafted him. Even though i dont like it and prefer Mettenberger i can see why they got Mariota. Mariota dominated the combine physically and he is so good with lightning fast recall and great memory that he is awesome mentally too. Mariota said to be great with his legs but also is a good pocket passer so he can beat a team with his arm or his legs as well as being tops physically and mentally. Very hard to find a QB that good in all different facets. Whitehurst a backup QB in Tennessee said it was eerie because usually rookies make mistakes or need pointers but he said Mariota looked like a vet that had already been around and he needed zero help in OTA's. Even the Titans beat reporter on ESPN who never says anything good about the team pretty much told fans get excited this guy is gonna be the real deal. I think Bridgewater is gonna have a great year. I'm hoping Mariota does as well.

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going back to '99 I literally get sick thinking of all the players they have passed on. The list is staggering. And the current QB situation just doesn't give me alotta hope. I would have rather the organization kept Hoyer instead of rolling the dice like they have. It'll be interesting to see how long before owner Jimmy Haslam insists on JM getting some playing time. Because only the Browns could be dumb enough (and more than once:L) to waste a 1st rounder on a QB w/ questionable NFL skills. Brady Quinn, Brandon Weeden & last years pick of JM. The ironic thing is they were all selected w/ the 22nd pick.:gaah: When it comes to Draft Day the # 22 is now my unlucky number!:D

You are right they should've kept Hoyer if they werent gonna draft or bring in anyone. I have a feeling they will be kicking themselves for letting Hoyer go.

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning and success or lack of it has a lot to do with who each team put at QB and also how that team does drafting at that position. I looked back myself at the past 15 years of each team to see who had the most luck in regards to keeping that position running smooth and who didn't along with wins and losses..........I put each team overall in terms of what matters most WINS. Also in total coaches i didn't include interim coaches or QB's who played a game or two.

1. New England--Only had three starting QB's Brady,Bledsoe,Cassel. 175 wins and 65 losses along with 12 playoff berths,6 Super Bowl appearances and 4 titles. Had one coach in 15 year period.

See, this is bullshit, it doesn't include caught cheating twice putting an * on two of them deflated trophies.

:noidea: Take that up with the Pats fans

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:noidea: Take that up with the Pats fans

Obviously you haven't spoken with any of them.... they feel they do no wrong.... To which we all know is
1f4a9-google-android.png

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably closer to

1. New England
2. Pittsburgh
3. Indianapolis
4. Baltimore Ravens
5. Seattle Seahawks
6. Green Bay
7. N.Y. Giants
8. New Orleans Saints
9. Philadelphia Eagles
10. Denver Broncos

I just did wins and went from there because rankings in winning shows who was really good and who wasn't BUT you are right i could've also did a list based on titles won and do that.In fact off the top of my head here is the whole list revised based on titles and big games.this is off the top of my head but should be close....

1. New England
2. Pittsburgh
3. Indianapolis
4. Baltimore Ravens
5. Green Bay
6. Seattle
7. N.Y. Giants
8. New Orleans
9. Philadelphia
10. Denver
11. San Diego
12. Atlanta
13. San Francisco
14. Dallas
15. Cincy
16. Chicago
17. Carolina
18. NY Jets
19. Minnesota
20. Tennessee
21. Kansas City
22. Arizona
23. Miami
24. St. Louis
25. Houston
26. Tampa Bay
27. Washington
28. Detroit
29. Buffalo
30. Oakland
31. Jacksonville
32. Cleveland

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just did wins and went from there because rankings in winning shows who was really good and who wasn't BUT you are right i could've also did a list based on titles won and do that.In fact off the top of my head here is the whole list revised based on titles and big games.this is off the top of my head but should be close....

1. New England
2. Pittsburgh
3. Indianapolis
4. Baltimore Ravens
5. Green Bay
6. Seattle
7. N.Y. Giants
8. New Orleans
9. Philadelphia
10. Denver
11. San Diego
12. Atlanta
13. San Francisco
14. Dallas
15. Cincy
16. Chicago
17. Carolina
18. NY Jets
19. Minnesota
20. Tennessee
21. Kansas City
22. Arizona
23. Miami
24. St. Louis
25. Houston
26. Tampa Bay
27. Washington
28. Detroit
29. Buffalo
30. Oakland
31. Jacksonville
32. Cleveland

Baltimores 2 Super Bowl wins doesnt outweigh Indy's 1? just asking no biggie.

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously you haven't spoken with any of them.... they feel they do no wrong.... To which we all know is
1f4a9-google-android.png

Honestly i don't read too much about the goings on in New England very much. I know everything about what theyve been accused of but haven't really looked deep into it to form an opinion. I guess its indifference. There is spygate,deflategate,i've heard of teams having their radio and communications go out at critical points in games which was strange.

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baltimores 2 Super Bowl wins doesnt outweigh Indy's 1? just asking no biggie.

I did battle thinking about that until i looked at Indy winning 12 or 13 games almost every year. Indy made two super bowls too but only won one. Also if you look at the list NY Giants are .7 and they won two but the Giants had some years they were barely .500 and whats odd is they didn't have many great years and i don't think they won 12 or more games but maybe once/twice possibly. NY Giants are a perfect example of a team that got hot and won it all and i think they were 9-7 one year they won it all. Green Bay even though they won one or even Indy who one were both way more dominant than the Giants who won two. Also you'll notice Tampa at the end of my list they even won a Super Bowl but overall they werent that good over 15 years. Also Philly went to at least five or six NFC championships and could've been very dominant but only went to one Super Bowl and lost.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did battle thinking about that until i looked at Indy winning 12 or 13 games almost every year. Indy made two super bowls too but only won one. Also if you look at the list NY Giants are .7 and they won two but the Giants had plenty of years they were barely .500 and whats odd is they didn't have many great years and i don't think they won 12 or more games but maybe once/twice possibly. NY Giants are a perfect example of a team that got hot and won it all and i think they were 9-7 one year they won it all. Green Bay even though they won one or even Indy who one were both way more dominant than the Giants. Also you'll notice Tampa at the end of my list they even won a Super Bowl but overall they werent that good over 15 years. Also Philly went to at least five or six NFC championships and could've been very dominant but only went to one Super Bowl and lost.
I dont disagree with your work i think SB's then playoff wins/ then regular season wins are what count.But def. something has to be said about regular season wins especially when they have been as proficient as Peyton and the Colts were year in and year out.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The top 3 should read:

1. NE
2. Pitt
3. Bal
4. GB
5. Indy

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The top 3 should read:

1. NE
2. Pitt
3. Bal
4. GB
5. Indy
^Thats what I have but again I do agree that dominance in the regular season has some weight.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did battle thinking about that until i looked at Indy winning 12 or 13 games almost every year. Indy made two super bowls too but only won one.

If we ranked divisions the last 13 years, I would have the AFCN well above the AFCS. This greatly minimizes regular season wins for me.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So to summarize: teams with stability at QB and coach tend to win more than team with no QB and a succession of coaches.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So to summarize: teams with stability at QB and coach tend to win more than team with no QB and a succession of coaches.

Yep, which is exactly why the Bears are so up and down (more down than up).

Also means it is going to be a long season for Bear fans.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 4 is NE, IND, PIT and BALT in some order because the top 2 rivalries of the past 15 years has been Pit-Balt and Brady vs Manning. NFC has had more parity.

Personally I would

+1 point for making the playoffs,
+1 point for each playoff win
+1 point for having a bye week
+1 point for winning a Super Bowl (effectively making the Super Bowl 2x the rest of the games)

And Im sure NE would come out on top with a *