• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

In Depth Look At NFL Teams Past Fifteen Seasons

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning and success or lack of it has a lot to do with who each team put at QB and also how that team does drafting at that position. I looked back myself at the past 15 years of each team to see who had the most luck in regards to keeping that position running smooth and who didn't along with wins and losses..........I put each team overall in terms of what matters most WINS. Also in total coaches i didn't include interim coaches or QB's who played a game or two.

1. New England--Only had three starting QB's Brady,Bledsoe,Cassel. 175 wins and 65 losses along with 12 playoff berths,6 Super Bowl appearances and 4 titles. Had one coach in 15 year period.

2. Indianapolis--They had Manning then Luck but with exception of one year in 2011. 160 wins 80 losses along with 13 playoff berths and 2 Super Bowl appearances with 1 title. Had four coaches in 15 year period.

3. Pittsburgh--They had Roethlisberger,Stewart,Maddox. 154 wins and 85 losses and 1 tie along with 9 playoff berths and 3 Super Bowl appearances with 2 titles. Had two coaches in 15 year period.

4. Green Bay--To me this team has had the most luck with Favre and then Rodgers. 151 wins and 88 losses and 1 tie along with 11 playoff berths and 1 Super Bowl title. Had two coaches in 15 year period.

5. Philadelphia Eagles---They had McNabb,Vick,Foles,Sanchez. 145 wins and 94 losses and 1 tie along with 10 playoff appearances and 1 super bowl appearance. Tragic they made around five NFC championship games but no titles. Had two coaches in 15 year period.

6. Baltimore Ravens--They had Flacco,Boller,Blake,Banks,Grbac,McNair. 144 wins and 96 losses along with 10 playoff berths and 2 super bowl wins. Had two coaches in 15 year period.

7. Denver Broncos---They had Manning,Plummer,Griese,Cutler,Orton,Tebow. 143 wins and 97 losses along with 8 playoff appearances and 1 super bowl appearance. Had three coaches in 15 year period.

8. Seattle Seahawks---They had Hasselbeck,Wilson,Kitna,Wallace,Jackson. 132 wins and 108 losses along with 9 playoff appearances and 3 super bowl appearances with 1 title. Had three coaches in 15 year period.

9. New Orleans Saints--They had Brees,Brooks,Blake. 132 wins and 108 losses along with 6 playoff berths and 1 super bowl win. Had two coaches in 15 year period.

10. N.Y. Giants--They had Manning,Warner,Collins. 129 wins and 111 losses along with 7 playoff berths and 2 super bowl wins. Had two coaches in 15 year period.

These are the teams in the top tier who compete well and make the postseason most often.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting looking at it ...:thumb:

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
11. San Diego Chargers--They had Rivers,Brees,Flutie,Leaf. 127 wins and 113 losses along with 6 playoff berths and no SB appearances. Had four coaches in 15 years.

12. Dallas Cowboys---They had Romo,Kitna,Bledsoe,Testaverde,Carter,Hutchinson,Aikman. 124 wins and 116 losses along with 5 playoff appearances and no SB appearances. Had four coaches in 15 years.

13. Chicago Bears---They had Cutler,Orton,Griese,Mcnown,Miller,Stewart,Hutchinson. 123 wins and 117 losses along with 4 playoff appearances and 1 super bowl appearance. Had three coaches in 15 years.

14. Atlanta Falcons--They had Ryan,Vick,Harrington,Johnson,Chandler. 121 wins 118 losses and 1 tie along with 6 playoff appearances and no SB appearances. Had four coaches in 15 years.

15. Tennessee Titans--They had McNair,Young,Collins,Haaselbeck,Mettenberger,Whitehurst,Locker. 121 wins and 119 losses along with 5 playoff appearances with 1 super bowl appearance. Had three coaches in 15 years.

16. San Francisco 49ers--They had Kaepernick,Smith,Garcia,Rattay,Dilfer,Hill. 118 wins and 121 losses,1 tie along with 5 playoff appearances and 1 super bowl appearance. Had five coaches in 15 years.

17. N.Y. Jets---They had Pennington,Testeverde,Sanchez,Bollinger,Smith. 117 wins and 123 losses along with 6 playoff appearances. no SB appearances. Had four coaches in 15 years.

18. Minnesota Vikings--They had Culpepper,Favre,Johnson,Jackson,Ponder,Cassel,Ferrotte,Bridgewater. 115 wins and 125 losses with 5 playoff appearances and no SB appearances. Had five coaches in 15 years.

19. Miami Dolphins--They had Tannehill,Feidler,Pennington,Moore,Henne,Feely,Ferrotte,Harrington,Lemon. 115 wins and 125 losses with 3 playoff appearances and no SB appearances. Had five coaches in 15 years.

20. Carolina Panthers--They had Dellhomme,Newton,Testeverde,Anderson,Clausen,Peete,Weinke,Beurlein. 113 wins 126 losses and i tie,along with 5 playoff appearances and one SB appearances. Had three coaches in 15 years.

21. Cincinnati Bengals--They had Palmer,Dalton,Kitna,Fitzpatrick and Smith. 112 wins and 126 losses and 2 ties with 6 playoff appearances and no SB appearances. Had two coaches in 15 years.

22. Kansas City Chiefs--They had Smith,Cassel,Thigpen,Huard,Green,Grbac. 107 wins and 131 losses with 4 playoff appearances and no SB appearances. Had six coaches in 15 years.

Teams in the middle tier who win at times and make postseason on occassion.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. Any particular reason you chose to look at the past 15 years?

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
23. Tampa Bay Bucs---They had Freeman,King,Johnson,Griese,Simms,Garcia,Gradkowski,Glennon,McCown. Had 106 wins,134 losses. Had 5 playoff appearances with 1 SB win. Had five coaches in 15 years.

24. Arizona Cardinals---They had Warner,Palmer,Kolb,Leinart,Blake,Plummer,McCown,Anderson,Stanton,Lindley. 101 wins,139 losses,had 3 playoff appearances with 1 SB appearance. Had five coaches in 15 years.

25. St Louis Rams---They had Warner,Bulger,Bradford,Davis,Hill. 100 wins,139 losses,1 tie along with 4 playoff appearances,1 SB loss. Had four coaches in 15 years.

26. Washington Redskins---They had RG3,Grossman,Brunnel,Campbell,Ramsey,Banks,Johnson,McNabb. 98 wins,142 losses,had 3 playoff appearances no SB appreance. Had seven coaches in 15 years.

27. Jacksonville Jaguars---They had Brunnell,Leftwhich,Garrard,Henne,Gabbert,Bortles. had 98 wins and 142 losses with 2 playoff appearances an no SB appearance. Had four coaches in 15 years.

28. Buffalo Bills---They had Bledsoe,Fitzpatrick,Edwards,Orton,Manuel,Losman,Holcomb,Van Pelt,Johnson. Had 97 wins,143 losses. no playoffs or SB appearances. Had six coaches in 15 years.

29. Oakland Raiders---They had Carr,Gannon,Palmer,Collins,Russell,Culpepper,Walter,Campbell,Pryor. had 89 wins 121 losses. had 3 playoff appearances with 1 SB loss. Had nine coaches in 15 years.

30. Houston--They had Carr,Schaub,Fitzpatrick,Mallet. Had 88 wins and 120 losses. had two playoff appearances and no SB appearance. Had three coaches in 15 years.

31. Detroit--They has Stafford,Harrington,Hill,Kitna,Batch,Orlovsky. Had 80 wins,160 losses. had 2 playoff appearances and no SB app. Had five coaches in 15 years.

32. Cleveland--They had Couch,Holcomb,Anderson,Frye,Dilfer,Garcia,Quinn,McCoy,Weeden,Campbell,Hoyer. Had 78 wins,162 losses, 1 playoff appearance,no SB appearance, Had seven coaches in 15 years.

Last tier haven't done too much the last fifteen years some could be on the rise in 2015......

Ravskins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it for the most part. There is an argument for the Steelers to be #2 and the Ravens #5 (or possibly #4). For the Ravens, to have only a one game Win difference but having two titles to no titles plus consistency still (except QB's). It can be easy to leap frog Philly and possibly GB (more titles despite the differences in Wins).

For the Steelers, more SB appearances and titles over the Colts. It depends how much a title is valued.

Now for both, they are the only two teams who has to face another Top 6 team (in my mind Top 4) within the same division over these 15 years. That has to account for something.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These Chiefs QB's.... Just terrible. New GM seems to have his head screwed mostly on straight, so that's nice to see.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trent Green was a good QB. Better than Alex Smith? I think so.
He also had 3 HOF lineman, an elite RB, and a good center back then. That O-line was stacked. Prime Tony as well. I don't think there has been an O-line in the NFL since then as good as those guys were in the early 2000's. Green is very overrated, IMO.

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What shocked me is the Titans were 15th overall about middle of the pack. I expected them to be worse i guess because of the last four to five years. Tennessee out of all 32 teams have had the worst situation at QB by far until very recently. Drafting the wrong guy can kill you which pretty much happened to TN. Would you be shocked to know that the Titans have a different leading passer every year for the past decade. Moose at 3rd you think KC had a terrible QB situation imagine having a different guy leading every year thats awful. i think you guys did an excellent job of nabbing Alex Smith i think he was a big reason you guys started having winning seasons again along with Andy Reid arriving. Good QB's are hard to find. The only reason the QB situation got better is because Locker is gone and TN drafted a good QB in 2014 Mettenberger and what should be a good QB in 2015 Mariota. I don't for some reason have a lot of faith in Whisenhunt. Whisenhunt goes 5-11 in 2012 and the very next year Bruce Arians is 11-5 at Arizona but mainly because Whisenhunt dumb enough to keep starting seventh round draft picks and Arians smart enough to do what KC and Andy Reid did and went and got a vet QB Palmer. You cant win without a good QB which is how Andy Reid and Bruce Arians changed KC and Arizona as both were losing programs then when they arrived they went and got good QB's.

Last edited:

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect there to be a vet QB or two maybe come available next year possibly Kaepernick and maybe Dalton because Cindy is tired of losing in the postseason and could try out AJ McCarron. If Dalton does become available he'd be perfect somewhere like Buffalo or even the NY Jets. Kaepernick would be great in Philly if Bradford doesn't work out.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What shocked me is the Titans were 15th overall about middle of the pack. I expected them to be worse i guess because of the last four to five years. Tennessee out of all 32 teams have had the worst situation at QB by far. Would you be shocked to know that the Titans have a different leading passer every year for the past decade. Moose at 3rd you think KC had a terrible QB situation imagine having a different guy leading every year thats awful. i think you guys did an excellent job of nabbing Alex Smith i think he was a big reason you guys started having winning seasons again along with Andy Reid arriving. Good QB's are hard to find.
When you have a bad QB situation, it's all semantics to me. Same soup, different flavors.

I agree that Smith and Reid being leads and bounds better than Cassell and Haley/Crennel are the reasons they are winning now.

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor Cleveland they actually have a pretty good roster coming along especially defense. I love their offensive line and if they drafted Duke Johnson a good running game too but i just don't think Johnny Football is gonna do much at QB. Cleveland should've drafted Bridgewater but their owner fucked it up.

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two bad teams i expect to turn things around in each conference.....

AFC-Buffalo has a stacked roster so good but need a QB but Cassel may be enough if they lean on the defense and run game.

NFC-St. Louis has a good roster too and watch St. Louis have a really good line like Dallas did last year which should lead to a great running game Gurley/Mason and Foles having a good year along with the Rams having a good defense.

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my teams that didn't make the postseason in 2014 that will in 2015.....

Miami and Minnesota

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor Cleveland they actually have a pretty good roster coming along especially defense. I love their offensive line and if they drafted Duke Johnson a good running game too but i just don't think Johnny Football is gonna do much at QB. Cleveland should've drafted Bridgewater but their owner fucked it up.
When you have a bad QB situation, it's all semantics to me. Same soup, different flavors.

I agree that Smith and Reid being leads and bounds better than Cassell and Haley/Crennel are the reasons they are winning now.

Good God the Ravens had a "QB" situation until 2008 when Flacco came in want to see what pathetic looks like? Look at this list before 2008... Brutal.

image.jpg

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good God the Ravens had a "QB" situation until 2008 when Flacco came in want to see what pathetic looks like? Look at this list before 2008... Brutal.

View attachment 17781
The Ravens are a well documented anomaly when it comes to QB's to takeaway stability. Not sure how they achieved the latter (Reed?) but the Ravens are one example of how to build a team minus a QB for most of their existence in Baltimore.

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah i remember pre 2008 the Ravens had QB issues like the Titans started having as well. Also you got lucky moving on from a bust like Boller to a good QB Flacco. One thing i absolutely hate that Tennessee does is they keep drafting freaking dual threat QB's. Mettenberger would've been fine but they are so fixated on dual threats they drafted Mariota but the experts know Mettenberger is good because he has been voted to two or three lists in the top three best backup QB's.