• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

In Depth Look At NFL Teams Past Fifteen Seasons

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a fun fact to go with the Broncos being 7th on this list...Since Bowlen became the owner of the Broncos they have had the fewest losing seasons of any team in the league. They have also been to more Super Bowls since he took over than actual losing seasons with 6 Super Bowl appearances to only 5 losing seasons.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning and success or lack of it has a lot to do with who each team put at QB and also how that team does drafting at that position. I looked back myself at the past 15 years of each team to see who had the most luck in regards to keeping that position running smooth and who didn't along with wins and losses..........I put each team overall in terms of what matters most WINS. Also in total coaches i didn't include interim coaches or QB's who played a game or two.

1. New England--Only had three starting QB's Brady,Bledsoe,Cassel. 175 wins and 65 losses along with 12 playoff berths,6 Super Bowl appearances and 4 titles. Had one coach in 15 year period.

See, this is bullshit, it doesn't include caught cheating twice putting an * on two of them deflated trophies.

Think someone needs their diper changed, I wish they could be squeaky clean as your Steelers. You guys have the most SB's act like you have been there before instead of throwing stones like a bitch. All your male Steeler posters are real standup except you and Midnight when she was here. Wonder if Kaetlyn is a Pitt fan?

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sold all mine to Hammer if he agreed to demote all the Mods :dhd:

Why they no good? No wonder Hammer is always toasted and humping his Brady fathead. I sent him another dozen cause they get too sticky and worn out quick. Brambla or something they call it, man love for Brady

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, which is exactly why the Bears are so up and down (more down than up).

Also means it is going to be a long season for Bear fans.

Fox is known for having good defenses. If the team can get the defense back and Cutler makes better decisions cutting down on the turnovers the team has a chance. Cutler bounced back in 2014 and had one of his best seasons having the best completion percentage in his career,most touchdowns thrown in his career,second best year in completions,second best year in yards passing,second best in yards per game,second best passer rating. In his career he has 17 fourth quarter and 21 game winning drives along with a 61.7 completion percentage and an 85.2 passer rating. Those are not bad numbers for a nine year vet QB.

For 2014 Cutler started 15 games completing 370 of 561 passes (66.0%) for 3,812 yards,28TD/18INT with a 88.6 pass rating and had one game winning drive. He was close to completing 70% of his passes in many games,threw for nearly 4,000 passing games and a near 90 pass rating.

I think if he lost some attitude issues and cut down on the turnovers things would be different.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fox is known for having good defenses. If the team can get the defense back and Cutler makes better decisions cutting down on the turnovers the team has a chance. Cutler bounced back in 2014 and had one of his best seasons having the best completion percentage in his career,most touchdowns thrown in his career,second best year in completions,second best year in yards passing,second best in yards per game,second best passer rating. In his career he has 17 fourth quarter and 21 game winning drives along with a 61.7 completion percentage and an 85.2 passer rating. Those are not bad numbers for a nine year vet QB.

For 2014 Cutler started 15 games completing 370 of 561 passes (66.0%) for 3,812 yards,28TD/18INT with a 88.6 pass rating and had one game winning drive. He was close to completing 70% of his passes in many games,threw for nearly 4,000 passing games and a near 90 pass rating.

I think if he lost some attitude issues and cut down on the turnovers things would be different.

That last part isn't that true of a lot of the bad QB's in the league though? Cutler has probably had more excuses used than any QB in the league. Some of the apologist for him pretty much make it sound like everything that goes wrong in this world is everybody's fault but his.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a fun fact to go with the Broncos being 7th on this list...Since Bowlen became the owner of the Broncos they have had the fewest losing seasons of any team in the league. They have also been to more Super Bowls since he took over than actual losing seasons with 6 Super Bowl appearances to only 5 losing seasons.

Bowlen is a class act, and Elway has been big for the organization.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bowlen is a class act, and Elway has been big for the organization.

The day we got Elway I definitely knew we were going to be ok after the whole McDaniel's fiasco. Elway has shown that everywhere he goes the business he runs is highly successful. He actually reminds me a lot of Bill Belichick in he knows that in business you have to take the emotions out of the decision and make the best overall decision for the business long-term. It can seem at times pretty ruthless but in the end you see the results. At this point since Elway came to town the Broncos have won the last 4 AFC West Titles. Can't argue with those results.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it for the most part. There is an argument for the Steelers to be #2 and the Ravens #5 (or possibly #4). For the Ravens, to have only a one game Win difference but having two titles to no titles plus consistency still (except QB's). It can be easy to leap frog Philly and possibly GB (more titles despite the differences in Wins).

For the Steelers, more SB appearances and titles over the Colts. It depends how much a title is valued.

Now for both, they are the only two teams who has to face another Top 6 team (in my mind Top 4) within the same division over these 15 years. That has to account for something.
Good example of a rough first part and good 2nd part.
Seattle same thing. Both teams can look back if they want but are much happier now than then.....

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle is a cool success story in the fact that had they not taken chances things might be a lot different. For instance instead of paying Matt Flynn 20 million dollars or more or better yet stick with him because of the big contract they drafted Russell Wilson and stuck with him when he made a good impression and played well early on. I think Seattle was actually coming off a pair of 7-9 seasons. Also trading for RB Marshawn Lynch around that time was huge looking back. Then the team drafted well especially on defense and during the 2012 season they had their first good season. 11-5 in 2012...13-3 in 2013....12-4 in 2014. Now they are entering the tricky part because QB Wilson is about to eat up 20/25 million in cap room soon.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol at the Cardinals having 10 QB's in 15 years. The only team with more was Cleveland with 11.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The day we got Elway I definitely knew we were going to be ok after the whole McDaniel's fiasco. Elway has shown that everywhere he goes the business he runs is highly successful. He actually reminds me a lot of Bill Belichick in he knows that in business you have to take the emotions out of the decision and make the best overall decision for the business long-term. It can seem at times pretty ruthless but in the end you see the results. At this point since Elway came to town the Broncos have won the last 4 AFC West Titles. Can't argue with those results.

I just didn't mean as your GM but also as your QB, guy has been huge in both ways

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol at the Cardinals having 10 QB's in 15 years. The only team with more was Cleveland with 11.

Titans had McNair,O'Donnell,Young,Volek,Collins,Haaselbeck,Mettenberger,Whitehurst,Locker,Smith.

Actually this will make you feel better Tennessee also had ten QB's i forgot Neil ODonnell,Rusty Smith and Billy Volek. Volek is one of only five QB to throw 400 yard games back to back. Volek also holds the record for most passing yards in two straight games with 926 yards total in just two games.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Titans had McNair,O'Donnell,Young,Volek,Collins,Haaselbeck,Mettenberger,Whitehurst,Locker,Smith.

Actually this will make you feel better Tennessee also had ten QB's i forgot Neil ODonnell,Rusty Smith and Billy Volek. Volek is one of only five QB to throw 400 yard games back to back. Volek also holds the record for most passing yards in two straight games with 926 yards total in just two games.

Best QB to ever play at Tenn at any level is T Martin and Hammer agrees with me. National Champs baby!!!

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seems like we had about 30 and none of them were better than a game manager until we finally got Flacco and Harbs at the same time....I'd hate to see what that win loss record would look like had we stuck with Billick and his garbage can QB theory....:2cents: