• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'm just gonna come out & say it

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
The Niners should trade Michael Crabtree.

There. I said it.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So then would you also need to obtain a draft pick to replace him? Didn't you want to upgrade your WR corp, not just swap Boldin for Crabtree?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
So then would you also need to obtain a draft pick to replace him? Didn't you want to upgrade your WR corp, not just swap Boldin for Crabtree?

Well, the draft has a lot of WRs I think could be just as good as the guys who will be the top 2 taken (Patterson & Austin). Keenan Allen, for one, is a guy whose stock tanked because he was hurt this offseason & didn't run at the combine or pro' day. But he's just as good a WR as Crabtree.

The Niners could replace his production this offseason without missing a beat, and I don't see Crabby in the Niners' long-term plans.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the draft has a lot of WRs I think could be just as good as the guys who will be the top 2 taken (Patterson & Austin). Keenan Allen, for one, is a guy whose stock tanked because he was hurt this offseason & didn't run at the combine or pro' day. But he's just as good a WR as Crabtree.

The Niners could replace his production this offseason without missing a beat, and I don't see Crabby in the Niners' long-term plans.

Oh yeah y'all have all those picks. If there were a year to trade a high profile guy, this might be it. The average fans are going to go along with anything this front office does after the run this last year, so no worries there. Plenty of picks to find a replacement or take a gamble. Not like you have roster spots for all those individual picks anyways. Or you could package a few to move up into a 2nd or 3rd round spot and snag someone. Heck, trade Crabtree for a good pick next year...piss everyone off with having a good team and still lots of picks to replace guys. :)

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we trade a receiver who is dainty in the preseason for a cornerback who holds out every year for a new contract....

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
So we trade a receiver who is dainty in the preseason for a cornerback who holds out every year for a new contract....

Well, it would probably take more than Crabtree to make that trade; but yes.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
You're not happy with Crabtree?
I thought he finally developed into the receiver they expected him to be when they drafted him.
You want to trade the finished product, and start over again?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

Hey! I'm the grammar nazi on this forum! But even I wouldn't correct that; I'll give the benefit of the doubt it was a typo. I'm guilty of plenty of those (especially "teh" in place of "the.")

You're not happy with Crabtree?
I thought he finally developed into the receiver they expected him to be when they drafted him.
You want to trade the finished product, and start over again?

It's not that I'm unhappy with Crabtree, but I don't like the current WR situation. And yes, I'd prefer to start all over. There are a ton of options at WR, and I donb't see Crabby in the Niners' long-term plans. If the Jets would take him & something else for Revis, I'd gladly send him packing.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was really starting to like what Kaep and Crabs where putting together toward the end of the season. I can't help but feel like more time will only improve on it. I don't even care about getting reevis at this point. The money he wants hurts this team in the long run

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'd keep him for the final two years of the contract as-is.
Then we'll see what are priorities are in terms or re-signing.
Right now we just don't have any depth at WR.

It's not like the Packers who were perfectly fine letting Jennings walk because they have such good receiver depth (Nelson, Jones, Cobb, etc.)

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i'm so sick of the Revis talk. it's not happening...time to move on. they wouldn't want Revis even if he was an UFA, let alone trade something for him. He's just way too expensive and way too risky with the injury. You can't effectively run a team under the cap these days when you're paying a CB like he's a QB.

As far as Crabtree being traded...I'd only do it for a high 1st round pick, which no team out there would agree to.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I think Crabtree is starting to become a really good wide out, but I also have a feeling he is going to leave or demand to be overpaid when his contract is up. So I wouldn't be that upset if it happened. Not saying for Revis per say, just in general. If there were good enough compensation.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little....it's been pretty slow here lately...a good dramatic gay Thread could've been just what this place needed:laugh:

justforkicks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's a good idea to trade a super bowl caliber team's #1 wideout and, potentially, the best friend of the young franchise quarterback just yet. Next off-season, maybe.

I know you're married to the idea of improving the teams future, but you don't do it at the expense of messing up a super bowl favored team (I'd rather win a super bowl and suck for 5 straight years than be a playoff quality team but never winning it all in 6 years). So, I view this thread like I viewed the thread about trading Justin Smith that you wrote a couple of years ago, it's a bad idea and it's not gonna happen.