• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'm just gonna come out & say it

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hold on... there's nothing to say that hopkins, patterson, hunter or any rookie will be better than Crabtree.. some might be faster or taller but there's no real indication to say the above will be or are better than Crabtree when Crabtree is hurt now...

Crabtree hasn't played yet.... last season, the 7-15 flight was looking very sharp and keeping defenses on their toes.... are we forgetting that so soon?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hold on... there's nothing to say that hopkins, patterson, hunter or any rookie will be better than Crabtree.. some might be faster or taller but there's no real indication to say the above will be or are better than Crabtree when Crabtree is hurt now...

Crabtree hasn't played yet.... last season, the 7-15 flight was looking very sharp and keeping defenses on their toes.... are we forgetting that so soon?

Crabtree was Kaepernick's safety blanket, even to the point that he told him that he owed him one, that he was fixated on him over an open Davis/Walker on the last drive. Davis was Smith's safety blanket and I prefer the WR to be the leaned on player, but Davis was good.

Having Crabtree would help give him a target and open up others, and that's where his value comes. Last year at the start, it was not getting all it could - as it was, he was open or not. Now, when he comes back, someone will be open, whether that's Davis or Crabtree or Patton, etc. So, I'm not concerned with the 7-15 flight as much as the whole package, which yes, includes that part. (I know that's a bit of a no-duh statement saying I want both, but my consideration of the distraction is maybe higher than some?)

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
But that's all they've been is just SB contenders for almost a decade now.

That's all you can ask for. The rest is, to a large extent, up to luck (injuries, a lucky bounce, a bad call, etc).

They might've collected a couple more rings if they hung on to some of those 1st round draft picks instead of trading them away and hung on to a guy like Richard Seymour to use your example.

The Patroits have a good blueprint but I personally think they need(ed) to better balance keeping one eye towards the future and one eye towards the now.

Which is why I brought them up concerning trading Crabtree because if Crabtree didn't get injured he increases are odds winning the SB moreso than a draft pick would've.

And like I said, I thought trading Seymour was a terrible move. But that doesn't mean it's always a bad idea to trade good players.

If the Niners sign Crabtree to a long-term deal, they would be making a huge mistake. He would be an albatross. And he's not as good as he was made to look in the 2nd half of the season last year.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Why is it that in Sick-world every team is ready and willing to deal first round picks? Harvin - a dynamic playmaker at WR and in the return game - went for a late-first round pick. Crabtree, impressive as he was over the second half of last year, would not net as much. We'd have been lucky to get a second rounder IMO. The NFL just doesn't see the kinds of trades you propose very often. There are one or two a year, and the player almost always goes for less than anticipated.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Why is it that in Sick-world every team is ready and willing to deal first round picks? Harvin - a dynamic playmaker at WR and in the return game - went for a late-first round pick. Crabtree, impressive as he was over the second half of last year, would not net as much. We'd have been lucky to get a second rounder IMO.

I think Crabby would've garnered at least a high 2nd-round pick. It wouldn't have been to hard to trade up for Hopkins, Patterson or Hunter if the pick weren't high enough IMO.

And Harvin didn't have 2 years on his deal like Crabby did.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never think game 4 is a "must win" but in the niners case, I believe that is apparent. Going to 1-3 with 2 Division losses is a situation every team should avoid.

Harbaugh's coaching skills will be tested for sure keeping his boys focused on the bigger picture.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would feel better about letting Crabtree go if Baalke had shown more of a talent for picking wide receivers in the draft so far. Maybe if Patton develops that would be a sign, but the AJ Jenkins pick was just spectacularly a waste.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, Niner fans, we'll trade you our entire team and coach for yours. But we get to keep Blank as our owner. Deal?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Hey, Niner fans, we'll trade you our entire receiving corps for yours. But we get to keep Blank as our owner. Deal?

Deal!

lz4z.jpg

:)