• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'm just gonna come out & say it

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade a legit #1 WR with 2 years left and draft pick(s) for a #1 CB as a 1 year rental?

357sj6.jpg

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just going to say upon first reading the topic title I thought this was going to be a much more personal post from you Sick. :kidding:

Red80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Crabtree continues to improve his numbers he'll likely be gone to the big money offer after 2014 that the 49ers can't or won't match.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
So, I view this thread like I viewed the thread about trading Justin Smith that you wrote a couple of years ago, it's a bad idea and it's not gonna happen.

I'm glad you mentioned that because I was actually right about trading Justin Smith. His stock was sky high last offseason, and I knew it was never going to be that high again. As it turned out, he wore down at the end of the season and the defense was just plain average in the postseason. If the Niners traded him, they could have gotten something HUGE in return (plus cap room).

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Trade a legit #1 WR with 2 years left and draft pick(s) for a #1 CB as a 1 year rental?

A rental? No. Nobody is gonna trade for Revis unless they work out a loing-term deal. Otherwise, they'd be in the same exact situation of which the Jets are trying to get out.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A rental? No. Nobody is gonna trade for Revis unless they work out a loing-term deal. Otherwise, they'd be in the same exact situation of which the Jets are trying to get out.

No way the Niners can afford Revis and re-sign Kap. Only 1 player should get 10% of the salary cap and that's always the QB.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little....it's been pretty slow here lately...a good dramatic gay Thread could've been just what this place needed:laugh:

Warning... I have no idea what is on this video, I just typed "dramatic gayness" into the search.

Last edited by a moderator:

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice thinking out of the box, but I think we have to hang on to Crabtree because we really have no one else that can fill those shoes in the short term.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice thinking out of the box, but I think we have to hang on to Crabtree because we really have no one else that can fill those shoes in the short term.

For Sickness, this is more in "his box."

No homo.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad you mentioned that because I was actually right about trading Justin Smith. His stock was sky high last offseason, and I knew it was never going to be that high again. As it turned out, he wore down at the end of the season and the defense was just plain average in the postseason. If the Niners traded him, they could have gotten something HUGE in return (plus cap room).

Maybe having a torn tricep had something to do with a 3-4DE having difficulty with bull rushing Pro Bowl LTs? Ya think?

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Justin Smith did not wear down he was injured and turned into a one armed DE. Look at Aldons numbers pre and post injury. Hell look at how bad our secondary looked once he got injured. I have to think your trolling with your comments on Justin because usually your posts show you as a person too intelligent to truly believe such an asinine idea. As for trading crabpatty if we could net a first and a second round draft pick I would do it in a heartbeat. Revis I wouldn't want.

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Yeah we should've traded Justin Smith. We'd be so much better off. We really blew it. Patrick Willis is at his peak too, let's trade him and get something in return before it's too late.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Maybe having a torn tricep had something to do with a 3-4DE having difficulty with bull rushing Pro Bowl LTs? Ya think?

That's exactly my point. He wasn't going to be 2010 / 2011 dominant forever. Eventually, age & injury catches up to you. So if the Niners ca$hed in on his obscenely high stock in the offseason & got a younger replacement at DE, the defense proabably would've done BETTER in the playoffs, plus they would've been able to use whatever they got in trade to upgrade the team for the next 5 years.

Yeah we should've traded Justin Smith. We'd be so much better off. We really blew it. Patrick Willis is at his peak too, let's trade him and get something in return before it's too late.

Patrick Willis isn't on the verge of a monumental decline like Justin Smith was.

Justin Smith did not wear down he was injured and turned into a one armed DE. Look at Aldons numbers pre and post injury.

Aldon was injured too. He even needed surgery for it.

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

Excellent and eloquent retort, but I maintain that anyone who trades something just before the ratio of its production to cost falls like a rock has great foresight (which I did in the case of Justin Smith; call it luck if you want, but I was still right).

Crabtree's value, like JSmith last offseason, is at its peak. Right now. And he is far from irreplaceable. And he'll only be around for 2 more years.

Now that the Niners signed Nnamdi & Rogers' salary became guaranteed, however, Revis appears to be out of the question.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't mind the strategy, but there is continuity to factor in for making all of these moves. If you make a move like this once in a while it can work very well to get the best value.

But if you constantly swap out peak performing players, it can easily hurt the team overall when guys aren't familiar with what their teammates will do. And especially against good veteran teams who will take advantage of those situations. If you keep good players together long enough, they can really take advantage of knowing where the other guys will be on any given play. I think that is a big reason why Baltimore's defense had so much success for so long.

Kaep works best with Crabtree out of everyone right now. If you take him away, you you might find the chemistry is not quite there with the new WR. So I'd be very reluctant to make that move so that we don't set Kaep back. Now if it were a vet QB, I'd be much more open to a move like that.

I'd actually be okay with moving Justin Smith after next year, but we have to have a solid contingency plan in place. If he left right now I really wouldn't want to throw in a rookie with Aldon this year if I could help it.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'd actually be okay with moving Justin Smith after next year

The problem is his contract is up after this season, so the only way he "moves" is if he leaves via FA. Justin Smith could have garnered obscene value in a trade last offseason, but this offseason he wouldn't net much. The opportunity has passed.

Crabby, on the other hand, could possibly be worth a first round pick right now.