• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Im excited about next season!!!

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im excited to see who we bring in and who we let go. This team will make another run at the super bowl.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't wait for Kap throw to Crabtree even if he is blanketed by Sherman. Maybe the 3rd year is when they finally succeed.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. I expect he'll get at least a 4-game suspension.

All the more reason to trade Kaeperjackass to the Texans & draft Clowney.

Win it with defense!

Yea our 26 year old QB who has started 1.5 years total with never having his full WR core together is a jackass? Your a fucking loser

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to feel positive after that brutal loss and Bowman having his knee caved in, but I try and be a "glass half full" kinda guy so....

Looking forward to the draft and the draft process. I'll be interested to see what the 49ers do with their own free agents in the offseason.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marcus Lattimore - RB - 49ers

Coach Jim Harbaugh expects Marcus Lattimore (knee) to be ready for the 49ers' offseason program.

Harbaugh also has "great hope" that Lattimore will compete for a job in 2014. "There's a path there," Harbaugh said. "Nobody owes anyone a career in professional football. Your career is literally your business. But I have great faith that (Lattimore has) what it takes." With Frank Gore going on 31 and headed into the last year of his contract, there will be snaps to be had in the 49ers' backfield. Lattimore should get a legitimate chance to push Kendall Hunter in camp and the preseason.
Source: Sacramento Bee

Jan 21 - 4:27 PM

Uh oh! Sounds like coachspeak for "This guy needs to get off his ass and work". Not a good sign for the young man. I'm not putting much stock in him anyway. Still, I'll be interested to see what happens with him.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since he left for half a season to fix his issues he shouldn't get a suspension!!!

Normally, I don't agree. However, I think it would set a bad precedent. People like Aldon would refuse to take games off if it meant that there still is going to be a suspension. But if it's for cheating, I think that it should still remain regardless of what the team or player does. No that would discourage teams from punishing their own players, but rather have the league do it. They're more likely to have a consistent penalty. Even then, I have my doubts.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They really need a top level return man. There was not a single spark from the return game this season.

I really will be happy to see Rogers go. Tired of seeing 10 yard cushions when covering guys like Tate who shouldn't scare anybody going deep.

If the Niners had a top return man, that would be awesome. They were ranked by PFF as third best as a squad. Not sure where the strength was there, I would guess that it was the kicking team defense (we have a great punter and that can make our ST coverage team look better). However, given the 70 yard return by Baldwin, I'm not so sure. The raking was due to a different category or we just flat out disappointed.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They really need a top level return man. There was not a single spark from the return game this season.

I really will be happy to see Rogers go. Tired of seeing 10 yard cushions when covering guys like Tate who shouldn't scare anybody going deep.

Marcus Lattimore - RB - 49ers

Coach Jim Harbaugh expects Marcus Lattimore (knee) to be ready for the 49ers' offseason program.

Harbaugh also has "great hope" that Lattimore will compete for a job in 2014. "There's a path there," Harbaugh said. "Nobody owes anyone a career in professional football. Your career is literally your business. But I have great faith that (Lattimore has) what it takes." With Frank Gore going on 31 and headed into the last year of his contract, there will be snaps to be had in the 49ers' backfield. Lattimore should get a legitimate chance to push Kendall Hunter in camp and the preseason.
Source: Sacramento Bee

Jan 21 - 4:27 PM

With Gore going on 31, do you guys think he would restructure his contract and add a year and make it all guaranteed? Do you think that would be unwise for either side? I know that he didn't have a very good playoffs.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Uh oh! Sounds like coachspeak for "This guy needs to get off his ass and work". Not a good sign for the young man. I'm not putting much stock in him anyway. Still, I'll be interested to see what happens with him.

I don't think that's the case at all.

The team purposely kept him on the shelf for his knee to fully recover (and save a roster spot). So it doesn't make sense to say a guy's not working hard enough when you told him to not work and focus on healing.

I'm excited about Lattimore because we did allow him to fully get better. A lot of guys I believe come back when they are healthy enough to play not when they are completely healed and I think that keeps them from regaining their peak form.

So Lattimore may never be as good as he would've been if he never injured his knees but I believe he will be a very good back just like Gore and Mcgahee were still able to be very good backs despite devastating knee injuries.

The championship game made it clear that aside from needing a new center we need a younger fresher set of legs in games like that.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
With Gore going on 31, do you guys think he would restructure his contract and add a year and make it all guaranteed? Do you think that would be unwise for either side? I know that he didn't have a very good playoffs.

It wasn't all on him that we didn't have a very good playoffs though.

We faced two top defenses who put their focus on stopping the running game.

I mean how often in the Seattle game was there already a man or two in the backfield before Gore even had a chance to do anything?

Also I did think we used Gore far too much during the season when we should've mixed in more Hunter and LMJ.

So I think Gore is fine but we definitely have to ease back his snaps and keep him fresher and healthier longer.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that's the case at all.

The team purposely kept him on the shelf for his knee to fully recover (and save a roster spot). So it doesn't make sense to say a guy's not working hard enough when you told him to not work and focus on healing.

I'm excited about Lattimore because we did allow him to fully get better. A lot of guys I believe come back when they are healthy enough to play not when they are completely healed and I think that keeps them from regaining their peak form.

So Lattimore may never be as good as he would've been if he never injured his knees but I believe he will be a very good back just like Gore and Mcgahee were still able to be very good backs despite devastating knee injuries.

The championship game made it clear that aside from needing a new center we need a younger fresher set of legs in games like that.

You just got concerntrolled by Nolan. I'm with you -- excited about Lattimore.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Normally, I don't agree. However, I think it would set a bad precedent. People like Aldon would refuse to take games off if it meant that there still is going to be a suspension. But if it's for cheating, I think that it should still remain regardless of what the team or player does. No that would discourage teams from punishing their own players, but rather have the league do it. They're more likely to have a consistent penalty. Even then, I have my doubts.

Let me just add that Aldon's self appointed time off was with pay. Therefore it did not cost him at all... The actual penalty of a suspension is the negation of the game day salary. Missing games itself is not the actual penalty

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't all on him that we didn't have a very good playoffs though.

We faced two top defenses who put their focus on stopping the running game.

I mean how often in the Seattle game was there already a man or two in the backfield before Gore even had a chance to do anything?

Also I did think we used Gore far too much during the season when we should've mixed in more Hunter and LMJ.

So I think Gore is fine but we definitely have to ease back his snaps and keep him fresher and healthier longer.

The sentence I bolded tells me he is sending a mesage to Lattimore that he wants to see more dedication from him.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just got concerntrolled by Nolan but I'm kind of a dick and a bit of a novice when it comes to football but I'm with you -- excited about Lattimore.

Agree with tweezil.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me just add that Aldon's self appointed time off was with pay. Therefore it did not cost him at all... The actual penalty of a suspension is the negation of the game day salary. Missing games itself is not the actual penalty

True, but you can't play for free. So the penalty could be both. Also they do have suspensions where you still get paid, but I'm not sure if that's more common in the NBA. If one could play for free when his pay is suspended, I wouldn't play for free because my insurance would not cover it I'm assuming.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
True, but you can't play for free. So the penalty could be both. Also they do have suspensions where you still get paid, but I'm not sure if that's more common in the NBA. If one could play for free when his pay is suspended, I wouldn't play for free because my insurance would not cover it I'm assuming.

I think I should have elaborated more when I said the actual penalty of the suspension is the negation of the game check... What I actually meant is that missing game days is not necessary detrimental to the player but missing game cheques does... I believe suspension with pay is more on the team level not the league level

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sentence I bolded tells me he is sending a mesage to Lattimore that he wants to see more dedication from him.

I haven't read the transcript but its not presented like its a real quote. They actually claimed he said the same exact quote in reference to Tank. I wouldn't read to much into it, whoever reported that back has their head up their ass.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh said we will see a lot of Lattimore. This is great news. Also mention Tank looks good.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more thing- I'm excited to see how Patton develops in the offseason. He's shown an ability to get open and he's shiftier than I expected. If he can stay healthy in the offseason and next year- I think he will be a solid #3 guy that can develop into a #2.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more thing- I'm excited to see how Patton develops in the offseason. He's shown an ability to get open and he's shiftier than I expected. If he can stay healthy in the offseason and next year- I think he will be a solid #3 guy that can develop into a #2.

I don't know where I said it, but I was telling someone that I wanted Patton to be at the person to win the game. I wanted #7 to go to # 11 to win it like how #11 went to #7. It'd be something only I found funny. Related: I really wanted to have that Smith to Kaepernick touchdown pass in the Jets game, where Kaepernick acted like he was leaving the game but lined up as a receiver. No one covered him. But the Jets called the timeout. Maybe we should've tried that trick in a game of importance where the other team did not have a timeout.