• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'm embarrassed by the Kaepernick threads I'm looking at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I call you out for focusing on the hat, so that makes me a blind idiot? Maybe, you should try talking about football. I don't believe I've seen you actually do that on these forums.

What would you like me to say that I haven't already? Kaep is talented but his critical thinking is lacking. If his first read isn't open he panics and looks to run. That's my biggest issue with him. Him wearing another teams hat is indicative of that. He doesn't have the presence of mind to think things out and make the proper decision. There is a correlation there if you choose to see it. If not, I don't know what else to say. I haven't given up on him, I'm just calling it the way I see it as of now.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess that's how Steeler fans are with Big Ben since he is a rapist like Kobe.

yikes make a few valid points about abilities to read D, make progressions, and show up in the clutch, and you get this...........sorry for offending you

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
What would you like me to say that I haven't already? Kaep is talented but his critical thinking is lacking. If his first read isn't open he panics and looks to run. That's my biggest issue with him. Him wearing another teams hat is indicative of that. He doesn't have the presence of mind to think things out and make the proper decision. There is a correlation there if you choose to see it. If not, I don't know what else to say. I haven't given up on him, I'm just calling it the way I see it as of now.

I don't think there is a correlation, but you bring up some good points. Earlier you sounded just like Toby complaining about the hats. Your argument seems much more logical now that I read it. :suds:

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only comment on this thread is that it should have never been started, should never have been allowed to continue and should be ended as one of the dumbest threads on this board. Kap hater and lover threads should be merged so nobody has to deal with these multiple threads of bullshit comments. JMO. Have a good day!:suds:

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i could care less about his attire.........

Truthfully I think its what divides the fanbase on him, hes a unique talent. But hes very very limited passing due to his lack of manipulating D's, making reads, etc.........So he runs.........its effective at times, other times its maddening.........but when the legs go out, where does he go?

That's a pretty serious overstatement that makes me question how much you have seen of Kap during the regular season. He's hardly very, very limited passing. He's mediocre a mediocre passer at this point, but he has had substantial success throwing the ball. It's not like he was routinely winning regular season games with his legs this year. He had seven wins this season with 25 yards rushing or fewer, and no rushing TDs. Outside of the Seahawks game, then when the entire offense was garbage, he had some of his best games throwing the ball when Gore put up less than 50 yards rushing.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yikes make a few valid points about abilities to read D, make progressions, and show up in the clutch, and you get this...........sorry for offending you

Don't let him scare you off. You brought up some good points that most of us would agree with.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only comment on this thread is that it should have never been started, should never have been allowed to continue and should be ended as one of the dumbest threads on this board. Kap hater and lover threads should be merged so nobody has to deal with these multiple threads of bullshit comments. JMO. Have a good day!:suds:

Smartest post of the thread.

Everyone had their say?

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its stupid and it got Yos banned just like 3LB. Being upset at bad plays I get but being upset at what a player is doing legally on his own time is kinda stupid if you ask me. :noidea:

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
True, but....Sherman wins games by making the big play, Kaep loses them by throwing game ending interceptions. Makes a big difference about how fans feel about a player. 49er board is proof of that. Now if Kaep starts to get it and starts looking like a guy that can win games with his arm and football smarts, everybody will put all the other crap that annoys them on the back burner.

How many big games has Kap lost by throwing game-ending interceptions? I count one.

I don't disagree that is why people lash out at Kap - to an extent. But his struggles are being pretty grossly exaggerated by some. He's still one of the most successful second-year starting QBs in league history.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

That analogy is a tremendous stretch.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
How many big games has Kap lost by throwing game-ending interceptions? I count one.

I don't disagree that is why people lash out at Kap - to an extent. But his struggles are being pretty grossly exaggerated by some. He's still one of the most successful second-year starting QBs in league history.

This list is very short: Brady, Big Ben, Russell Wilson, Kap. I only hope Niner fans can appreciate Kap a bit more. I have already admitted his shortcomings plenty of times. Let's just be patient.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
mostly on first reads............

Sure, but he has the arm to make throws a lot of guys can't. He obviously needs to improve a lot. He's not nearly as rudimentary a passer as some are claiming.

And this whole "choking in the clutch" thing is ridiculous. Yes, he made a bad read in the NFCCG. He was also playing on the road against the best D in the league, and what will almost certainly go down as one of the best secondaries in NFL history. He made plenty of plays in the clutch to advance as far as he has in the playoffs over the past two years.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That analogy is a tremendous stretch.

Implying that he is simpleminded is not much of a stretch. Well, not for anyone who isn't simpleminded as well. Maybe your thinking is a bit too linear.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Sure, but he has the arm to make throws a lot of guys can't. He obviously needs to improve a lot. He's not nearly as rudimentary a passer as some are claiming.

And this whole "choking in the clutch" thing is ridiculous. Yes, he made a bad read in the NFCCG. He was also playing on the road against the best D in the league, and what will almost certainly go down as one of the best secondaries in NFL history. He made plenty of plays in the clutch to advance as far as he has in the playoffs over the past two years.

And everyone conveniently ignores that a future Hall of Famer in Peyton struggled immensely against the Seahawks in a neutral field.

Status
Not open for further replies.