• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'm an adult with a curfew -- thanks Baltimore

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
apparently the looting group headed over to Ferguson to stir up new shit there.

There have been some interesting reports of Ferguson rioters being in touch, via social media, with the Baltimore rioters prior to the actual looting and rioting. And now we have protests spreading to other major American cities in the wake of the incidents in Baltimore.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next time the cops should maybe call an ambulance to the scene. A person with a severed spine needs to be Immobilized and in Icu. Not being cuffed and thrown around like a rag doll. The riots would not have happened if the guy was not murdered by the police.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next time the cops should maybe call an ambulance to the scene. A person with a severed spine needs to be Immobilized and in Icu. Not being cuffed and thrown around like a rag doll. The riots would not have happened if the guy was not murdered by the police.

Agreed. There is a definite heavy handedness when dealing with blacks in certain neighborhoods in Baltimore. The protests and the riots (at least partly) were a result of this treatment.

There is mounting evidence that some of the looters/rioters are not residents of Baltimore.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who knows what happened. Heard a story this morning as reported from another individual that was arrested that he was thrashing around in the patrol car trying to hurt himself. Now, I don't know how you sever your own spine. Was he already hurt and thrashing around in the car caused something to sever it? If I remember there is video footage of him getting into the car on his own. So it does seem something else happened. Was it the police? Was it himself? Was it something completely different? I don't think we know at this point do we?

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows what happened. Heard a story this morning as reported from another individual that was arrested that he was thrashing around in the patrol car trying to hurt himself. Now, I don't know how you sever your own spine. Was he already hurt and thrashing around in the car caused something to sever it? If I remember there is video footage of him getting into the car on his own. So it does seem something else happened. Was it the police? Was it himself? Was it something completely different? I don't think we know at this point do we?

Apparently Freddie Gray had a failed spinal surgery just a couple weeks before the arrest -- Gray was supposed to be on bed rest at the time of the incident. Apparently, during the course of the arrest police put their knee on the back of Gray's neck in order to subdue him while cuffing him. The suspicion is this maneuver was responsible for the damage done. If you watch the video of Gray being drug into the van, one of his legs appears to just kind of dangling with no muscle control. Then apparently was given what is called a "rough ride" in the van, where he was not secured in the back of the van. Officers intentionally drive aggressively to toss around their captives in the back of the vans. Apparently "rough rides" are common place, and the name "rough ride" is a term local police have coined themselves.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Freddie Gray had a failed spinal surgery just a couple weeks before the arrest -- Gray was supposed to be on bed rest at the time of the incident. Apparently, during the course of the arrest police put their knee on the back of Gray's neck in order to subdue him while cuffing him. The suspicion is this maneuver was responsible for the damage done. If you watch the video of Gray being drug into the van, one of his legs appears to just kind of dangling with no muscle control. Then apparently was given what is called a "rough ride" in the van, where he was not secured in the back of the van. Officers intentionally drive aggressively to toss around their captives in the back of the vans. Apparently "rough rides" are common place, and the name "rough ride" is a term local police have coined themselves.

The knee to the back may have been the ultimate damage that caused his death, but if it is true about the accident and failed surgery the knee to the back just worsened a pre-existing condition. The knee to the back/neck and the "Pretzel" Figure 4 the performed are common practices used to subdue those resisting.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I currently own a couple T.V's, I'm good.

The looting took place over the span of about 5 hours, on Monday. It has long since stopped.

Yeah but imagine if you were running home with a new TV on a Dolly at around 9:45

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An adult with a curfew? Sounds like a married guy

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy shit. You have the absolute animals that really don't care about what happened to that kid and just want to cause problems, then you have the real protestors who are trying to make a point the right way and get painted with the brush of those tearing the City apart. Then you have the firemen and "good cops" out there risking their lives and getting attacked just for trying to help others. Then you have the people out there this morning with brooms sweeping up the mess that isn't even at their own property just because they want to help. Then you have that Mother "bitch slapping" her son for acting like a jackass. Crazy shit indeed. Kind of a microcosm of all that Is good and bad about people in one story.

That Mom slapping the shit out of her son for being out there was funny as hell when I saw it yesterday on GMA.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
apparently the looting group headed over to Ferguson to stir up new shit there.

They heard that the deals were better there. Price match maybe?

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They heard that the deals were better there. Price match maybe?

th

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

+1

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"manslaughter by vehicle" - I guess this is the "rough ride" you referenced?

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did i hear right that more than half of Baltimore police department have tendered their resignations?

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did i hear right that more than half of Baltimore police department have tendered their resignations?

Not sure where you heard that. I haven't heard anything like that.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know, but if I know Cops they will be rescinding them pretty quickly...

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know, but if I know Cops they will be rescinding them pretty quickly...

It would be like a police union to pull some B.S. tactic like that to influence what's to come