• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Week 12 Recap

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We are down to the last 5 weeks of the season, with lots of tight races still. This week, Suh gives us the stomp heard 'round the NFL, Brees gives us a performance to remember, Norv Turner gives us another reason he should be fired, and Bowe gives us as minimal effort as possible. Here we go:

Week 12 Power Rankings:

32. Indianapolis Colts-Was there any doubt?
31. St Louis Rams-Beanie Wells is still running.
30. Jacksonville Jaguars-Lost again. Fired the HC. Sold the team.
29. Kansas City Chiefs-Don't hurt yourself Dwayne.
28. Cleveland Browns-I was going to toss a congratulations to Greg Little for his first NFL TD, but he'd probably drop it.
27. Tampa Bay Buccaneers-Their attrocious run-D strikes again.
26. Minnesota Vikings-Well, they played well in the second half anyway.
25. Miami Dolphins-They apparently learned nothing from the Denver game as, with the lead late, they went into their prevent offense.
24. San Diego Chargers-Was Norv Turner watching Miami's game thinking, boy that Tony Sparano is genius?
23. Arizona Cardinals-Every time I take Beanie out of my FF lineup, he goes crazy. If I hadn't drafted him, the Cards might win it all.
22. Carolina Panthers-Beating the Colts by less than 10 points should only count as a tie.
21. Seattle Seahawks-Always good when your defense takes a siesta in the 4th quarter.
20. Philadelphia Eagles-Started out with a bang, then remembered that they suck.
19. Buffalo Bills-To add insult to injury from Johnson's antics, they gave up two sacks to Maybin. Ouch.
18. Washington Redskins-Roy Helu could be a revelation at RB. Maybe he can play QB.
17. New York Giants-The Giants D might as well go ahead and get "Brees was here" tattooed on their backsides.
16. Denver Broncos-The D for Denver is just wicked. Since Tebow took over, they've given up 20 ppg, they were giving up 28 ppg for Orton.
15. Tennessee Titans-Is CJ back or did he just benefit from playing an awful run D?
14. New York Jets-Mark Sanchez even makes 4 TD passes look average.
13. Dallas Cowboys-Will probably win the division, but aren't exactly playing inspiring football.
12. Cincinnati Bengals-Another comeback win, and another AJ Green highlight reel play. He should be getting some ROY love.
11. Chicago Bears-The Bears defense can only do so much. Their playoff hopes dwindle with every Hanie start.
10. Detroit Lions-The next two weeks are critical with Suh out. Fairley anyone?
9. Atlanta Falcons-They need to play better in the 2nd half or a good team will get them.
8. Oakland Raiders-Sebastian Janikowski for MVP!
7. Houston Texans-Leinart's run came and went quickly. Jeff Garcia anyone?
6. Pittsburgh Steelers-These AFCN teams just can't figure out crappy opponents at all.
5. San Francisco 49ers-The defense came to play, as always, but the O couldn't get it going.
4. New England Patriots-If the Eagles season was hanging onto the edge of the grave, the Pats hit them with a shovel and buried them.
3. Baltimore Ravens-Won the battle of the defenses with San Francisco.
2. New Orleans Saints-For those discussing Aaron Rodgers for MVP, Drew Brees presents his case.
1. Green Bay Packers-I'm rooting for a Packers/Saints rematch in the playoffs. It would be epic.

MVPs of the Week:

Drew Brees-If you want to know just how good Brees is, watch this game.
Beanie Wells-Would have been #1 if I had played him this week on my ff team.
Sebastian Janikowski-6 FGs, mostly from 40 yrds+.
Ravens Defense-9 sacks against the Niners.

Goats of the Week:

Ndamukong Suh: If the Lions lose the next two, and they miss the playoffs, he'll be goat of the year.
Tony Sparano/Norv Turner: Stop playing not to lose. The 'phins have been burnt twice now this year with it, and Turner screwed the Bolts.
Dwayne Bowe: As egregious a case of alligator arms I've ever seen. He didn't even bother to put one hand in the air.
Giants pass rush: Did the D-line play? I didn't see them all night.

Random Thoughts:

1. I give up on these special teams units. When do they finally quit kicking to guys like Hester and Patrick Peterson?
2. Norv and Sparano should have been fired before Del Rio.
3. Grow up DeSean Jackson.
4. It's cute that Lions fans think they would have won if not for the Suh drama.
5. Victor Cruz showed a lot of class by not doing his TD dance when his team was being demolished.
6. Thanks for playing Matt Leinart.
7. That roughing the passer call on Will Smith was ridiculous. The hit on Nicks was also clean. The shot by Phillips on Graham..not so much.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow...you have us 12th?

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
ESPN has the Bengals 13th and NFL.com and CBSSports have them at 11th. Sounds about right.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three teams in your top 10 are in trouble -- The Bears and Texans have QB issues and the Lions are staring at a collapse. I'm not sure it matters though - This league has some balance issues right now. Three or four true contenders, a bunch of turds, and a middle-class of flawed teams that could make the playoffs but not the superbowl.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, the Bears and Texans could lose some games in a hurry, but I'm not going to punish them til they do. Houston won it's first game w/out Schaub.