• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'm an adult with a curfew -- thanks Baltimore

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, I love my city, but this shit is crazy. We have National Guard, armed with M-16's, all over the city. And now I have to be in my home by 10 p.m. for the next week.

Baltimore Orioles are playing in front of an empty stadium tomorrow afternoon -- closed to the public. The Ravens had to cancel their draft party. Thousands of businesses will collectively lose millions of dollars over the next week. Man, crazy times. Thank goodness the shit didn't hit my neighborhood here in Baltimore.

I still love this city, though. It can be a very exciting place to live.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, I love my city, but this shit is crazy. We have National Guard, armed with M-16's, all over the city. And now I have to be in my home by 10 p.m. for the next week.

Baltimore Orioles are playing in front of an empty stadium tomorrow afternoon -- closed to the public. The Ravens had to cancel their draft party. Thousands of businesses will collectively lose millions of dollars over the next week. Man, crazy times. Thank goodness the shit didn't hit my neighborhood here in Baltimore.

Man, that's some major BS. Glad we've never had many riots down this way. I wonder if the concealed handgun law has something to do with that?

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, that's some major BS. Glad we've never had many riots down this way. I wonder if the concealed handgun law has something to do with that?
I'm glad I live in Denton, Texas.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shitty situation, stay safe and hope this blows over sooner than later.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

stay safe

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This can happen just about anywhere.

Stay safe es4m11

No it can't. It could only happen in one of America's major urban ghettos. Sensible folks don't play like that.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy shit. You have the absolute animals that really don't care about what happened to that kid and just want to cause problems, then you have the real protestors who are trying to make a point the right way and get painted with the brush of those tearing the City apart. Then you have the firemen and "good cops" out there risking their lives and getting attacked just for trying to help others. Then you have the people out there this morning with brooms sweeping up the mess that isn't even at their own property just because they want to help. Then you have that Mother "bitch slapping" her son for acting like a jackass. Crazy shit indeed. Kind of a microcosm of all that Is good and bad about people in one story.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I appreciate it guys. I wouldn't deem the city unsafe at this point, no too much more so than any other day. I have been through quite a few different neighborhoods today, all over the city, at no point did I feel unsafe. This whole situation may get hot again when the autopsy report is released, so heavy police force looks to remain in place over the coming week. At this point in time the curfew is the biggest issue. What a major PITA

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curfew? Can you at least stay up to watch the draft Thursday night???

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

glad your safe es4m11

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curfew? Can you at least stay up to watch the draft Thursday night???

No man, they are saying lights out at 745! Bed checks at 8.

Seriously though, I'll be watching. None of the bars, or anything like that will be open though. I may or may not have cheated curfew tonight, but they are threatening a night in jail to anyone caught violating.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy shit. You have the absolute animals that really don't care about what happened to that kid and just want to cause problems, then you have the real protestors who are trying to make a point the right way and get painted with the brush of those tearing the City apart. Then you have the firemen and "good cops" out there risking their lives and getting attacked just for trying to help others. Then you have the people out there this morning with brooms sweeping up the mess that isn't even at their own property just because they want to help. Then you have that Mother "bitch slapping" her son for acting like a jackass. Crazy shit indeed. Kind of a microcosm of all that Is good and bad about people in one story.

Just wanted to touch on a few points here.

First, let me say that despite what the National media may or may not be pumping out to the general Public, the looting and rioting was perpetrated by a very small fraction of the peaceful protesters. In fact, most of the mayhem was caused by local high school kids who had aligned with some local area gangs. I don't have an exact number, but we are talking probably less than a total of 750 people who caused most of the damage -- young, ignorant kids. That is approx. .001% of the city of Baltimore's population.

There are a lot of good people in this city, and it's a shame that they will now all be painted in the same light as the rioters/looters. I have lived in the Baltimore metro area since the late 80's, and there has been great strides made over the past 15 years to improve the city, and the results are really starting to show -- it's such a shame how much damage was done to that progress in such a short amount of time. This city has it's problems, as do a lot of major American cities, but there is much more good than bad, IMO.

In the course of doing my job I visit neighborhoods of varying socioeconomic status all throughout Baltimore City, I get to see some of the very worst of it, and the very best of it. Almost never do I fear for my safety, no matter which neighborhood I am in. I won't sit here and tell you there aren't dangerous places within the city, but it is completely overblown the level of violence and crime outsiders perceive there to be.

And I guarantee, Baltimore is one of the best sports towns anywhere. Just watch a Ravens game, or re-watch an Orioles home playoff game from the past couple years. It's simply O'mazing.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only good thing about Baltimore is............ummm........is.........

wait a minute I'm thinking..........ummmmm.

I got nothing.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only good thing about Baltimore is............ummm........is.........

wait a minute I'm thinking..........ummmmm.

I got nothing.

I don't expect non-residents to understand. You have to know the city to love it.

Great food and great people are two of the best things Baltimore has going for it. We have a some pretty sweet stadiums, too. Orioles baseball at Camden Yards can't be beat.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should go shopping for a TV at 9 pm

I currently own a couple T.V's, I'm good.

The looting took place over the span of about 5 hours, on Monday. It has long since stopped.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I currently own a couple T.V's, I'm good.

The looting took place over the span of about 5 hours, on Monday. It has long since stopped.

apparently the looting group headed over to Ferguson to stir up new shit there.