• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

i'm all for trading wentz now

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon man. Wentz is better than this guy...

69fc278f45b8c42af95fb4fc5cff2a76--nba-players-musketeers.jpg
man, i still picture him missing put back after put back in that finals. If only Theo didn't get hurt that year, he was balling early on that year.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
btw PHILLYGREEN, since your knowledge and opinions are just so superior to mine, will you be laying out the rest of your plan any time soon? you know, you basically just left off at "fire schwartz, go with wentz."

i mean, me, myself. my whole thought process was to redo a foles deal for a few years at a comfortable price for both sides. then hopefully swing a trade for someone like ramsey and take their 1st rounder (something of that caliber.) then with that pick draft a stud O-lineman or LB, two areas we desperately need. and just with that move.. we'd save money overall, add two 1st round picks this year, a big time player like ramsey and try to steady our team for the future.

maybe even sign tate, who i believe said he'd like to stay. since foles actually throws him the ball, maybe he would have been willing to take a lesser deal to stay as our return man/slot receiver. but, since wentz just uses him as a decoy, i can't imagine he'd be too interested in that now.

so, back to your superior plan. who was replacing schwartz again? and, i'm sure you're well aware his scheme is on the unique side. so how will you be dealing with the obvious time period in which current players will need to adapt to this new, super duper awesome D coordinator you won't name who is replacing schwartz?

what are you doing after the 2019 season? i mean, if wentz gets hurt or underachieves, are you still just giving him a max deal? where are you getting money and/or picks to upgrade the rest of the team? the defense is mediocre outside of the D-line. who is protecting the QB? i'm pretty sure these guys require a salary. who is backing up wentz?

don't get me wrong, you're a genius and my inferior mind is trying to grasp your elite plan of..

step 1: fire schwartz.
step 2: extend wentz.
step 3: profit.

but, you know.. i just can't help but feel there would be about 225 FUCKING ADDITIONAL STEPS BEFORE STEP 3 that you're just keeping to yourself. so please, enlighten my silly little mind here and tell me how we're built to win for years.

the same goes for anyone else who prefers wentz and just shines with superior knowledge. please let me in on what happens with the rest of the team when we max out wentz. and what happens if he gets hurt. i'm sure you all thought about these different angles. i mean, some of you had to since you're so fucking cocky.

i'm eagerly awaiting the great plan.. :pop2:

I see you are easily triggered. I will address both your posts in this one. Should not take long.

First....Thank you for admitting my knowledge and wisdom is superior to yours. Acknowledgement is the first step to getting help.

Now....I have supported my argument over why I felt Schwartz should be fired. You ignored it. I am not going to repeat it again. Find the post and read it. I still stand by everything I said and believe he should be gone.

Here is the thing. You are proving my point on you being an idiot. This is a thread about trading Wentz. To deflect the argument because you can't respond to the actual facts you change the subject and go on some fucking tirade about my wanting Schwartz fired.

Concerning Wentz/Foles There have been a good number of posts in this thread on why Wentz is the best option with a lot of supporting facts and evidence. So stop being a whiny bitch.....go read them and refute/debunk them if you can. If not....go away and STFU.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
btw PHILLYGREEN, since your knowledge and opinions are just so superior to mine, will you be laying out the rest of your plan any time soon? you know, you basically just left off at "fire schwartz, go with wentz."

i mean, me, myself. my whole thought process was to redo a foles deal for a few years at a comfortable price for both sides. then hopefully swing a trade for someone like ramsey and take their 1st rounder (something of that caliber.) then with that pick draft a stud O-lineman or LB, two areas we desperately need. and just with that move.. we'd save money overall, add two 1st round picks this year, a big time player like ramsey and try to steady our team for the future.

maybe even sign tate, who i believe said he'd like to stay. since foles actually throws him the ball, maybe he would have been willing to take a lesser deal to stay as our return man/slot receiver. but, since wentz just uses him as a decoy, i can't imagine he'd be too interested in that now.

so, back to your superior plan. who was replacing schwartz again? and, i'm sure you're well aware his scheme is on the unique side. so how will you be dealing with the obvious time period in which current players will need to adapt to this new, super duper awesome D coordinator you won't name who is replacing schwartz?

what are you doing after the 2019 season? i mean, if wentz gets hurt or underachieves, are you still just giving him a max deal? where are you getting money and/or picks to upgrade the rest of the team? the defense is mediocre outside of the D-line. who is protecting the QB? i'm pretty sure these guys require a salary. who is backing up wentz?

don't get me wrong, you're a genius and my inferior mind is trying to grasp your elite plan of..

but, you know.. i just can't help but feel there would be about 225 FUCKING ADDITIONAL STEPS BEFORE STEP 3 that you're just keeping to yourself. so please, enlighten my silly little mind here and tell me how we're built to win for years.

the same goes for anyone else who prefers wentz and just shines with superior knowledge. please let me in on what happens with the rest of the team when we max out wentz. and what happens if he gets hurt. i'm sure you all thought about these different angles. i mean, some of you had to since you're so fucking cocky.

Respectfully, I remember you laying out a post in another thread where you basically called the SB run last year (with Foles) a fluke. Now you are his biggest champion. And that's completely fine - you've stated your opinion and defended it to the death. No problem with that at all. But let me just say that if Wentz does get us back to and win a Super Bowl, I hope that you are leading the cheer and be the first to eat crow. Otherwise everything you are saying here is moot.

I know, if if if is the key word. But Wentz has shown a window that he is good enough to take a chance on. The Eagles have made their choice, and hopefully for all of us it's the right one. I like both guys, but Wentz to me is worth the gamble.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man, i still picture him missing put back after put back in that finals. If only Theo didn't get hurt that year, he was balling early on that year.

I remember him most for his pre-game scuffle with Charles Oakley in Toronto years ago... I was at that game early during shoot-around and saw Oak walk up to Hill and tomahawk him in the face... something to do with Hill owing Oakley money or something

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at guys like Watson in Houston and Prescott in Dallas. QBs that have a phenomenal first season must be studied, planned for and adjusted to the next season. Will Mahomes be off the charts next season? I doubt it.

Wentz had a great first year, but struggled with sophomore slump. Foles succeeded in relief, but would he if the DCs of the league were prepared for him?

The Eagles are in a pickle.

I totally agree with this last line. It is a pickle. A crystal ball would be greatly needed.

Is Wentz injury prone? We are certainly seeing evidence that is is POSSIBLE. But then, we also have evidence that Foles is too. (First full season with Eagles, preseason leading into this season). Foles is a tough mother fucker, no doubt. But so is Wentz, so it’s moot. Foles has shown a history with nagging shoulder concerns.

So whether Wentz is indeed injury prone or it’s all just a blip is moot.

It’s upside. And so much of the pro Foles talk ignores or downplays that. Yes, Nick will always be a Philly God. He delivered it. But without the 13-2 run from Wentz who’s to say.

The team is in a pickle but is going with the upside. I’m in agreement. All that are in agreement with this will hold their breath until he proves to not be injury prone. It’s just how it is.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It strikes me this morning that alters aren’t always made to heap adulation. Sometimes they are made to ask a higher power for help in accomplishing something that it is felt the participants of might not be able to accomplish on their own.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles have made their choice weather anyone agrees with it or not. Wentz is their guy moving forward, Foles is likely a Franchise and trade. Time to get people around Wentz that helps him take the next step ... thank you Nick Foles for helping us get that SB win and we wish you luck in your future except against our beloved Birds :)

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles have made their choice weather anyone agrees with it or not. Wentz is their guy moving forward, Foles is likely a Franchise and trade. Time to get people around Wentz that helps him take the next step ... thank you Nick Foles for helping us get that SB win and we wish you luck in your future except against our beloved Birds :)

Just on consensus here I would say almost everyone is behind this. Onward!

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A franchise and trade is very, very risky. If Foles is smart (and he is) he would sign a franchise tender before the ink dries and there is no guarantee we will find a trade partner. I think Foles is going to shoot for a longer deal.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A franchise and trade is very, very risky. If Foles is smart (and he is) he would sign a franchise tender before the ink dries and there is no guarantee we will find a trade partner. I think Foles is going to shoot for a longer deal.

The Eagles would "only" tag him if they already have a trade agreement in place prior to tagging him. I think there is zero shot they tag him "in the hopes" that they can trade him later. Like you pointed out, as soon as Foles signs the tender, that money becomes guaranteed and the Eagles simply can't absorb that cap hit. So if we see Foles get the tag ... it means we will hear the trade details shortly after.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles would "only" tag him if they already have a trade agreement in place prior to tagging him. I think there is zero shot they tag him "in the hopes" that they can trade him later. Like you pointed out, as soon as Foles signs the tender, that money becomes guaranteed and the Eagles simply can't absorb that cap hit. So if we see Foles get the tag ... it means we will hear the trade details shortly after.

That makes sense Rey. I did not see it from that angle.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hope you're right.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

can you make a post that doesn't include us getting Ramsey in return from some trade? It isn't going to happen, so stop dreaming. Join us all in reality where Wentz is the Eagles starting QB.

Schwartz D was flat run over multiple games this year. The Titans game was a total joke and showed major flaws in the system. Maybe he fixed them later in the year, but we also got healthier at DT. Sure the personnel wasn't always there, but the scheme that allows Michael Thomas to run free through our secondary has a ceiling no matter who is playing back there.

Where's the rag on Foles for playing like a chump for 3 quarters of the Saints game?

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck Nick! We love you! Good Luck Wentz, we love you!

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because you sure wouldn't want to fully support the guy who brought the team you cheer for their only superbowl, right? meanwhile, some of you keep doing the same exact thing with wentz.. but that's OK because it's wentz. :noidea:

I support Foles.

I think Wentz is the better option long term for the team, and it is not even that close eaither. And the 'some of you seem to be doing the exact same thing with Wentz' trope (assuming you compare it to your adulation of Foles) trope you tout seems to be a straw man / figment of your imagination.

I have seen a lot of people here openly stating that there are issues with Wentz' play this year that need to be addressed, and harsh criticism during games. I do not see you do anything remotely similar to what Foles did; for you, Foles is basically three/three-and-a-half games last season (Rams, NFCCG, SB and 2nd half Atlanta), and three games this season (end of regular season) and the '27-2 stat'; you completely ignore how he played badly to outright stunk for much of the game against the Saints, the end of the last regular season, and even for parts of the 27-2 run under Kelly (with stats massively inflated by the Kelly system which had not been figured out yet).

By your logic, the Baltimore fans should have venerated Trent Dilfer after winning the Ravens their first SB.

I support Foles. I am also realistic about what he is: a high variance player within games and within a season, with extremely high highs, but also almost Sanchize level lows. And that, long term, is NOT a winning formula.

You seem to be less consistent in the application of standards (and taking context into account) than the majority of the Wentz over Foles individuals on this board.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can you make a post that doesn't include us getting Ramsey in return from some trade? It isn't going to happen, so stop dreaming. Join us all in reality where Wentz is the Eagles starting QB.

Schwartz D was flat run over multiple games this year. The Titans game was a total joke and showed major flaws in the system. Maybe he fixed them later in the year, but we also got healthier at DT. Sure the personnel wasn't always there, but the scheme that allows Michael Thomas to run free through our secondary has a ceiling no matter who is playing back there.

Where's the rag on Foles for playing like a chump for 3 quarters of the Saints game?

- Every defensive scheme has a ceiling.

- I definitely have issues with (some) elements of Schwartz' schemes (like the picket fence).

- You cannot blame Schwartz for players not executing. In the Saints game there was one example of Schwartz basically setting up Bradham and Sullivan (?) perfectly to bracket Thomas (who was alraidy being trailed by Maddox or Le Blanc). Bradham completely overshoots his position (basically running to the side-line without any awareness that Thomas is running in the opposite direction, looking for the window opening up behind Bradham. Had Bradham slowed down, the window would NOT have been there, and Brees would have been sacked. Now it was a massive 1st down. That is NOT on Schwartz, that is on Bradham.
I saw a number of plays where the scheme did not seem as much to be a problem, but the execution.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon man. Wentz is better than this guy...

69fc278f45b8c42af95fb4fc5cff2a76--nba-players-musketeers.jpg

:pound:words you'd never want to hear.. "tyrone hill is running for president." every baby handed off for a kiss learns to run before they walk.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see you are easily triggered. I will address both your posts in this one. Should not take long.

First....Thank you for admitting my knowledge and wisdom is superior to yours. Acknowledgement is the first step to getting help.

Now....I have supported my argument over why I felt Schwartz should be fired. You ignored it. I am not going to repeat it again. Find the post and read it. I still stand by everything I said and believe he should be gone.

Here is the thing. You are proving my point on you being an idiot. This is a thread about trading Wentz. To deflect the argument because you can't respond to the actual facts you change the subject and go on some fucking tirade about my wanting Schwartz fired.

Concerning Wentz/Foles There have been a good number of posts in this thread on why Wentz is the best option with a lot of supporting facts and evidence. So stop being a whiny bitch.....go read them and refute/debunk them if you can. If not....go away and STFU.

no, i'm not easily triggered. i have zero respect for supposed grownups who can't handle a difference of opinion and immediately have to resort to name calling because of it. once that happens, then you're going to hear about your own damn stupidity.

you have done next to nothing to support your schwartz comment. you've rambled on about nonsense like giving up big plays, or not stopping the other team when it's needed. and those things have easily been countered with the fact that the eagles defense suffered massive blows this year and were relying on guys that shouldn't even be in the league. those same guys who were constantly being attacked in coverage.

your argument is fucking garbage. again, 4th and 12th in points allowed these last two seasons. you're hung up on some nonsense about the front 4 being so dominate that you ignore the rest of the defense and think we should be tops in the league. the rest is mediocre at best. and with the injuries, they were even worse. yet, the defense did it's job in every game except the regular season saints matchup.

and once again, you offer no plan or solution to just firing schwartz. you haven't dropped one name to replace him. you haven't detailed the adjustment period and what setup would be best for the current players we have. what do you want? a 4-3, 3-4? you want more blitzing? more zone or man-man coverage? what's your view on how the young players will handle it? can they take on more responsibility? WHO IS REPLACING SCHWARTZ?

your shit smells. just like you will offer NOTHING when detailing wentz and the future of the team. just the boring stupidity of "wentz is better than foles."

know why? because you're a bitch fan. that's what bitch fans do. they say the most convenient thing at the time and never truly delve further into it. that's why after these hot dog vendors were blowing coverages on big plays, you just babble "fire schwartz!" because it's an obvious mark. just like "wentz is better than foles!" obvious marks.

when things backfire in the future, you'll already have the convenient excuses ready to go. because it's what bitch fans do.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Respectfully, I remember you laying out a post in another thread where you basically called the SB run last year (with Foles) a fluke. Now you are his biggest champion. And that's completely fine - you've stated your opinion and defended it to the death. No problem with that at all. But let me just say that if Wentz does get us back to and win a Super Bowl, I hope that you are leading the cheer and be the first to eat crow. Otherwise everything you are saying here is moot.

I know, if if if is the key word. But Wentz has shown a window that he is good enough to take a chance on. The Eagles have made their choice, and hopefully for all of us it's the right one. I like both guys, but Wentz to me is worth the gamble.

it was a "fluke" in the sense we had the perfect matchups for us with home field, did it with a cold backup QB, seemingly made every big play needed and outgunned an unstoppable tom brady in the superbowl. it took a lot of shit to go right for all that to happen.

why would i eat crow though if wentz does well?! i've said it numerous times already, it's a business decision. i'm a big wentz fan. but that does not make his injury history and problematic areas immune to me. just like i was a big ryan howard fan, but his extension/contract was an extremely poor decision to me. i was labeled a howard hater just like i'm being labeled a wentz hater now.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

why, did i mention ramsey a whopping 2 or 3 times already? i said "something of that caliber." it could be all types of young players on the block with various picks. obviously doesn't matter now since wentz is the starter, but the point was we could have done something along those lines if we chose to go that route.

the titans game? you mean when that hot dog vendor was caught napping and screwing up his coverage on 4th and 15th? schwartz had NOTHING in the secondary for most of the year. even the front line was getting beat up. when jalen mills is your BEST available back, you have problems beyond repair. and then he got hurt as well. there is NO scheme that can save these nobodies. however, schwartz did an amazing job limiting the damage. 15 to the bears and 20 to the saints on the road in the postseason. what, are you going to pull a PHILLYGREEN now and claim someone could do better? :rolleyes2:

foles played like a chump for 3 quarters? could have fooled me. i mean, one possession basically in the 3rd quarter alone because of the saints 5 hour drive. so right away, that knocks you down from 3 to 2. and what happened in the 4th? a no call on the tate PI in saints territory and a game winning drive that ended because of the deflection. i don't think he was a "chump" in that quarter. he didn't do anything in the 2nd quarter. but, you know, i heard the saints are a pretty good team? i also remember foles getting us a quick 14 on long drives.