• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

i'm all for trading wentz now

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is all I'm going to say on this....

If wentz leavers PHI, then PHI doesn't deserve him. He is going to be a great QB in the NFL. We just need to utilize him better, but he has the work ethic, character, accuracy, leadership and intangibles to be a great QB. IF he leaves, I hope he goes to NE to replace Brady. Belichick is one of the most disciplined minded HC's in the league, and I think he would thrive there. But I sincerely hope Wentz can be one of the few loved STARTING QB's we have ever had, and he becomes great here. No player is loved more in PHI than the backup QB, and Foles has cemented that now even more. It's a real shame.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wentz is good. i was thrilled when we traded up and i knew we were going to get him. i love his overall ability and game. but this whole acting like he's some mega star bullshit needs to stop. we can keep going over the same crap..

dude is going to be 27 next season. he has yet to play in a postseason game. he takes way too many sacks. he is fumble prone. he is injury prone. and so on. at some point, he has to win a big game or carry the team. it just felt like his rookie season yesterday when people were riding his ass and complaining that he needs special help because his mechanics are horrible. now he's some kind of GOD.

goff is 2 years younger and is already 2-1 in the postseason with a NFC championship under his belt. he's been able to stay on the field while gaining insane experience. no one can even say for sure if wentz will ever play in ONE playoff game.

we're ditching the QB who teammates love, who wins the big games, who won our only superbowl. and make no mistake, it was his near perfect game that got it. people are acting like wentz is peyton manning and foles is kevin kolb.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wentz is good. i was thrilled when we traded up and i knew we were going to get him. i love his overall ability and game. but this whole acting like he's some mega star bullshit needs to stop. we can keep going over the same crap..

dude is going to be 27 next season. he has yet to play in a postseason game. he takes way too many sacks. he is fumble prone. he is injury prone. and so on. at some point, he has to win a big game or carry the team. it just felt like his rookie season yesterday when people were riding his ass and complaining that he needs special help because his mechanics are horrible. now he's some kind of GOD.

goff is 2 years younger and is already 2-1 in the postseason with a NFC championship under his belt. he's been able to stay on the field while gaining insane experience. no one can even say for sure if wentz will ever play in ONE playoff game.

we're ditching the QB who teammates love, who wins the big games, who won our only superbowl. and make no mistake, it was his near perfect game that got it. people are acting like wentz is peyton manning and foles is kevin kolb.
I mean that comparison is the exact opposite. Kolb and Wentz are both hunters and Manning and Foles both threw 7 TDs in a game.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ahum, Wentz and Foles put almost identical numbers over the season. Wentz was near universally blasted and considered overall to be playing somewhere between mediocre and bad. Foles putting up similar numbers was considered to be playing above average to good.

Foles played badly for most of the Saints game, making the exact same mistakes. Some of the misses by Foles were horrendous, uncluding three underthrows, the first one turning the game! And the general consencus: 'sh!t happens'. If that had been Wentz, he would have been blasted. Foles made numerous mistakes in that game - not taken what was given, being late - that would have gotten Wentz blasted).

Foles can play like Brady, but also barely above Sanchize level. If he plays like Brady, you get two games like last year;s NFC Championship game and Super Bowl (or the 7 TD game). If he has bad games, you get games like the last games of last season's regular season.

With Foles playing, you can forget getting HFA over a regular season. Foles has rarely played a whole season anyway himself. Foles has always been a limited player, only being succesful in a limited offense.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This right here is just ridiculous. Here is what I find laughable about your posts on this matter. They are completely one sided with an obvious dislike for Wentz. Your analysis has different weights for each QB. If they do the exact same thing you praise Foles for it and find something to complain about Wentz for.

The whole teammates loving Foles thing is nothing but complete bullshit. Did you not see how many of the teams leaders came immediately to the support of Wentz when that bullshit article came out? Chris Long was one of them and he the player to set the shrine up for Foles. Teams don't make stupid decisions such as keeping some players because they are liked. This is a business. You keep the better QB if you have to make a choice and no one things Foles is better.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This right here is just ridiculous. Here is what I find laughable about your posts on this matter. They are completely one sided with an obvious dislike for Wentz. Your analysis has different weights for each QB. If they do the exact same thing you praise Foles for it and find something to complain about Wentz for.

The whole teammates loving Foles thing is nothing but complete bullshit. Did you not see how many of the teams leaders came immediately to the support of Wentz when that bullshit article came out? Chris Long was one of them and he the player to set the shrine up for Foles. Teams don't make stupid decisions such as keeping some players because they are liked. This is a business. You keep the better QB if you have to make a choice and no one things Foles is better.

LOL..

set the shrine up for Foles.

what's in carson's locker, a "GET WELL SOON" card? to act like NO ONE would come to his defense (especially after the eagles said he was their guy) is just fucking absurd. every single player on the team could like him for all we know. it wouldn't change the possible attitude and flaws he may have shown along the way that have supposedly taken place. what about the players who didn't respond? do we just automatically assume they hate wentz or something?

as for an "obvious dislike for wentz." again, this is why i prefer not to waste my time amongst my 'own' fans. 95% are blind homers who live week to week and pop up off the couch after the game for their superior observations. most fans refuse to look at the big picture, which obviously involves a ridiculous amount of business decisions that need to be seperated from personal views and feelings. you, like many others, still cannot comprehend it's about a shit ton of things like value, picks, payroll, etc. has absolutely nothing to do with "liking" a player.

at the very least, the blind homerism goes right out the window when you talk with fans of other teams. and it's no surprise they are WAY more at ease with the eagles keeping foles and exploring a wentz trade.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahum, Wentz and Foles put almost identical numbers over the season. Wentz was near universally blasted and considered overall to be playing somewhere between mediocre and bad. Foles putting up similar numbers was considered to be playing above average to good.

Foles played badly for most of the Saints game, making the exact same mistakes. Some of the misses by Foles were horrendous, uncluding three underthrows, the first one turning the game! And the general consencus: 'sh!t happens'. If that had been Wentz, he would have been blasted. Foles made numerous mistakes in that game - not taken what was given, being late - that would have gotten Wentz blasted).

Foles can play like Brady, but also barely above Sanchize level. If he plays like Brady, you get two games like last year;s NFC Championship game and Super Bowl (or the 7 TD game). If he has bad games, you get games like the last games of last season's regular season.

With Foles playing, you can forget getting HFA over a regular season. Foles has rarely played a whole season anyway himself. Foles has always been a limited player, only being succesful in a limited offense.

aside from foles' rookie year with the eagles and rams misadventure, all he does is win. he was 4-1 this year. wentz was 5-6. two of those wins came against the garbage giants. another against the sanchez/mccoy version of the skins. a reeling 5-11 jags team. and a colts squad in which he was sacked 5 times, threw a pick and lost a fumble.

wentz was getting blasted because he takes a sack every 5 seconds, has tyrone hill hands and was coming up small when we truly needed it.

the whole foles can't play a full season thing is nonsense. he was basically given 2 chances. one with the eagles that ended in a shoulder injury (obviously common for QB's on big hits/driven into the ground) and one with the rams, where he was benched. he's routinely popped off the bench and delivered. he wouldn't get the eagles HFA? blind assumption.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at guys like Watson in Houston and Prescott in Dallas. QBs that have a phenomenal first season must be studied, planned for and adjusted to the next season. Will Mahomes be off the charts next season? I doubt it.

Wentz had a great first year, but struggled with sophomore slump. Foles succeeded in relief, but would he if the DCs of the league were prepared for him?

The Eagles are in a pickle.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
aside from foles' rookie year with the eagles and rams misadventure, all he does is win. he was 4-1 this year. wentz was 5-6. two of those wins came against the garbage giants. another against the sanchez/mccoy version of the skins. a reeling 5-11 jags team. and a colts squad in which he was sacked 5 times, threw a pick and lost a fumble.

wentz was getting blasted because he takes a sack every 5 seconds, has tyrone hill hands and was coming up small when we truly needed it.

the whole foles can't play a full season thing is nonsense. he was basically given 2 chances. one with the eagles that ended in a shoulder injury (obviously common for QB's on big hits/driven into the ground) and one with the rams, where he was benched. he's routinely popped off the bench and delivered. he wouldn't get the eagles HFA? blind assumption.

You really are a tool. All of this bullshit you keep spewing has been debunked by facts and in this very thread. You have yet to actually reply to any of them. Did the very same thing to DB's posts. You ignored a lot of his facts and pick and chose what you wanted.

I have learned enough....Enut was right. You really are an idiot.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really are a tool. All of this bullshit you keep spewing has been debunked by facts and in this very thread. You have yet to actually reply to any of them. Did the very same thing to DB's posts. You ignored a lot of his facts and pick and chose what you wanted.

He reminds me of that Chip Kelly fan boy in the way he is venerating Foles.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at guys like Watson in Houston and Prescott in Dallas. QBs that have a phenomenal first season must be studied, planned for and adjusted to the next season. Will Mahomes be off the charts next season? I doubt it.

Wentz had a great first year, but struggled with sophomore slump. Foles succeeded in relief, but would he if the DCs of the league were prepared for him?

The Eagles are in a pickle.

I am not certain you know too much about Wentz. His rookie year was pretty good as far as rookies go. His sophomore year was lights out and was runaway for MVP until he got hurt. He actually played really well this year and his numbers support that but his health got in the way which is the major concern for most of us here.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not certain you know too much about Wentz. His rookie year was pretty good as far as rookies go. His sophomore year was lights out and was runaway for MVP until he got hurt. He actually played really well this year and his numbers support that but his health got in the way which is the major concern for most of us here.

I think Wentz is the better of the two, and younger, but the fans want Foles based on a few good games and keeping them both isn't going to work.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Wentz is the better of the two, and younger, but the fans want Foles based on a few good games and keeping them both isn't going to work.

on that you will get no argument from me. I think Foles is a good QB and as we have already seen can take a very good team over the top. I think Wentz would make lesser talent better and can carry a franchise.

Foles is all but gone. They are not going to pick up his option because he has a buyout clause if the did.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you're the FUCKING MORON who complained about getting rid of schwartz all year long, even though his defense was 4th in points allowed last year and 12th this year, with injuries out the ass and guys he was picking up on the corner looking for work.

instead of dogging you for your stupidity, i prefer to go the mature route and simply asked multiple times who you wanted to replace him with? who is going to do better than that? for which, you never had an answer. and you still don't.

"debunked by facts." there are no fucking facts. you STILL can't get it through your thick skull. it's ALL OPINION. no one is going to PROVE foles can't make it through a season or that he could lead the team for years. no one is going to PROVE wentz will or will not get hurt. that he can or cannot get to the postseason.

no one knows what is going to happen. all i'm doing is throwing my opinion to the guy who HAS proven he can win big games. YOU are still trying to compare every little thing between wentz and foles, like it's a 50/50 QB battle based on nothing but talent. again, fucking thick skull. then you think you're going to insult me.. fuck out of here boy, before i reach out and slap you like a bitch.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He reminds me of that Chip Kelly fan boy in the way he is venerating Foles.

because you sure wouldn't want to fully support the guy who brought the team you cheer for their only superbowl, right? meanwhile, some of you keep doing the same exact thing with wentz.. but that's OK because it's wentz. :noidea:

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
btw PHILLYGREEN, since your knowledge and opinions are just so superior to mine, will you be laying out the rest of your plan any time soon? you know, you basically just left off at "fire schwartz, go with wentz."

i mean, me, myself. my whole thought process was to redo a foles deal for a few years at a comfortable price for both sides. then hopefully swing a trade for someone like ramsey and take their 1st rounder (something of that caliber.) then with that pick draft a stud O-lineman or LB, two areas we desperately need. and just with that move.. we'd save money overall, add two 1st round picks this year, a big time player like ramsey and try to steady our team for the future.

maybe even sign tate, who i believe said he'd like to stay. since foles actually throws him the ball, maybe he would have been willing to take a lesser deal to stay as our return man/slot receiver. but, since wentz just uses him as a decoy, i can't imagine he'd be too interested in that now.

so, back to your superior plan. who was replacing schwartz again? and, i'm sure you're well aware his scheme is on the unique side. so how will you be dealing with the obvious time period in which current players will need to adapt to this new, super duper awesome D coordinator you won't name who is replacing schwartz?

what are you doing after the 2019 season? i mean, if wentz gets hurt or underachieves, are you still just giving him a max deal? where are you getting money and/or picks to upgrade the rest of the team? the defense is mediocre outside of the D-line. who is protecting the QB? i'm pretty sure these guys require a salary. who is backing up wentz?

don't get me wrong, you're a genius and my inferior mind is trying to grasp your elite plan of..

step 1: fire schwartz.
step 2: extend wentz.
step 3: profit.

but, you know.. i just can't help but feel there would be about 225 FUCKING ADDITIONAL STEPS BEFORE STEP 3 that you're just keeping to yourself. so please, enlighten my silly little mind here and tell me how we're built to win for years.

the same goes for anyone else who prefers wentz and just shines with superior knowledge. please let me in on what happens with the rest of the team when we max out wentz. and what happens if he gets hurt. i'm sure you all thought about these different angles. i mean, some of you had to since you're so fucking cocky.

i'm eagerly awaiting the great plan.. :pop2:

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

C'mon man. Wentz is better than this guy...

69fc278f45b8c42af95fb4fc5cff2a76--nba-players-musketeers.jpg