• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

i'm all for trading wentz now

Eugene Baker III

"Oh a stitch in time, just about saved me..."
Hoopla Cash
$ 946.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i thought this was insane after last year, but this isn't last year. if we're going to stick with pederson and this type of offensive scheme, then foles can clearly get the job done.

i love wentz and his potential, but the reality is he's already experienced several injuries and is going to command a huge contract. why pay that money when you can have a cheaper foles instead? when you can trade wentz and get some value back?

even though i dislike him, if we could get ramsey and a 1st from the jags for wentz and a future 3rd or something.. that would be a HUGE play for the eagles for these upcoming future years. it will never be a question of who is better individually, it's all about what benefits the team.

foles is only 4 years older than wentz. at this point i think we're better off getting picks/players for wentz and investing that saved money elsewhere. the difference betweeen foles and wentz will not be worth the investment in carson.

in the end it keeps coming back to the money. i don't want to be a 10-11 win team who keeps falling short because we can't bring in enough talent. you get ramsey and place him with jones, maddox and douglas. maybe draft a safety or another back early on, pick up a running back in the 3rd/4th and make foles the starter.. we're championship caliber for years.

if you have to start worrying about wentz' health and money instead? it reeks of big trouble down the line. it's already going to suck next season if foles is gone. every hit wentz takes, any time he gets up slow.. who's next in line? not some guy who will carry the team.

They said they are keeping Wentz....amazingly enough....even though he keeps breaking.

These "experts" never factor in fragility to their statistical analysis.

What Should Eagles Do with Nick Foles?

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but but but Foles is a legend.

Foles is and will always be a Philly Legend.

But Wentz is the guy we need to roll with to get the next SB ring. The story will be even better when that happens.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz doesn't look the same as he did a couple years ago. The ACL/LCL injury changed that. I wouldn't guarantee 80 million dollars to anyone with an injury background like his.

Andrew Luck messed up his shoulder pretty bad and many had the same questions if he would ever be the same again. Looked pretty good this year though, right?

Wentz needs the proper time like everyone else to recover, and I think we'll see more of the 2017 version next year than the 2018 version that was playing at 70-75% of his ability.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YAWN. amazing.. some people STILL trying to debate wentz is better than foles, when no one is questioning this and it has nothing to do with the overall situation. yet, so quick to call others "idiots."

like DUKE said, this thread has run its course.

i don't think ONE person has stepped up to detail what the plan is, what we're doing with wentz, what is going to happen with various scenarios next year, etc. i at least made my opinionated point about how to proceed and set the team up for the future.

no one is going to elaborate, because you'll watch week to week and hop on the "blame game bandwagon" instead if wentz fails.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YAWN. amazing.. some people STILL trying to debate wentz is better than foles, when no one is questioning this and it has nothing to do with the overall situation. yet, so quick to call others "idiots."

i don't think ONE person has stepped up to detail what the plan is, what we're doing with wentz, what is going to happen with various scenarios next year, etc. i at least made my opinionated point about how to proceed and set the team up for the future.

no one is going to elaborate, because you'll watch week to week and hop on the "blame game bandwagon" instead if wentz fails.
The plan:

Pay him.
Win.

Ok, dumbfuck?

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I trust Howie and Doug to make the right decision of this team. There are risks and rewards no matter which direction the Eagles decide to go with the QB position moving forward.

I have seen so much talk about injuries, stats, how the team plays, etc., etc., etc.......

This is really just our opinions based on the information that we have seen historically. I just can't see telling something they are wrong for believing what they believe. May as well be talking about religion or politics. :D :D :D

I have been watching football for almost 50 years and based on what I know and see Wentz is the QB I would pick moving forward. I am not stupid for picking Wentz or not picking Foles. I really like Foles but prefer Wentz.

So maybe agree to disagree. I do know that whatever QB Howie and Doug chose we are going to have a great team. How many teams get to deal with deciding if we keep a guy who was a lock for the league MVP before and injury or a guy that was the Super Bowl MVP.

We could be arguing about starting Ty Detmer or Bobby Hoying! :D :D :D :D :D :D

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The argument that Foles just wins is what most people have the issue with because it just is not true. Yes Foles did win a Superbowl and he was fantastic during that run but it was more of the exception and not the norm. This year in the playoffs he was average at best and the offense was pedestrian. The Eagles scored 16 and 14 points respectively and Foles of 2018 was not the Foles of 2017.

If you want to be fair and put up a sample of prorated numbers (which some of have already done) it shows that Wentz outperformed Foles and he was not even close to 100%. The argument that Wentz record was 5-6 is just utterly stupid. Three of those losses clearly fall on defensive collapses.

You don't take the less talented QB because he will cost less. That alone is moronic. You take the best talent you can put on the field Sure......there are injury concerns for Wentz and we will find out next year if he can be healthy or not. He should be 100% going into the season.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They said they are keeping Wentz....amazingly enough....even though he keeps breaking.

These "experts" never factor in fragility to their statistical analysis.

What Should Eagles Do with Nick Foles?

Because much of the fragility has to do with chance, not structural deficiencies.

Torn ACL and MCL's have - so far - always been considered injuries by chance, and have little to do with being injury prone.

Note BTW that Foles in the NFL has about as bad an injury history as Wentz.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles career:

2012: Only a starter from week 11 onwards, broke his hand in Week 16, placed on IR

2013: Replaced Vick in week 4, missed week 8 due to concussion.

2014: Broke collar bone in week 8, placed on IR.

2015: Benched in November for Keenum, only additional games due to Keenum's concussion.

2016: Two starts due to Smith concussion.

2017: Replaced Wentz during week 14 game due to injury.

2018: Injured in pre-season, played first 2 games and from week 15 onwards.

Conclusion:

1. Nick Foles NEVER played a full season. The maximum number of games he played in a was 12 (including play offs).

2. Carson Wentz HAS played a full season (his rookie season).

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares about this anymore? Move on. Carson will be here for 10 more years. He's a franchise QB.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Trade Foles for Jalen Ramsey.
#win every superbowl for the next 7 years.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"i don't think ONE person has stepped up to detail what the plan is, what we're doing with wentz, what is going to happen with various scenarios next year, etc. i at least made my opinionated point about how to proceed and set the team up for the future.

no one is going to elaborate, because you'll watch week to week and hop on the "blame game bandwagon" instead if wentz fails."

good to see everyone's plan of "keep wentz and do nothing" was better than mine. possibly getting ramsey, working a deal and a couple of #1's would have really sucked for this aging team. god forbid we were to add the best corner in the league, draft a 1st round linebacker and stack more picks over keeping the 'elite' carson wentz. it's worked out great so far.. and i'm sure it will for years to come.

and just think.. wentz is playing like this healthy, secure with his deal and no fear of being replaced. all great signs moving forward. #elite

i hope most of you truly enjoy getting beat to a fucking pulp by the cowgirls. and enjoy that FOLES SUPERBOWL, because you ain't seeing shit with wentz. someone wake me up when he plays his first postseason game.

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I have been saying all along (for the last 2 years), Wentz will be a MUCH better QB when he gets some wide receivers that are any good.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I have been saying all along (for the last 2 years), Wentz will be a MUCH better QB when he gets some wide receivers that are any good.

he has good TEs right now. Thats about it.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i will forever say foles had to deal with the same players, and did a fantastic job with them. somehow under wentz, they just forget how to play?

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i will forever say foles had to deal with the same players, and did a fantastic job with them. somehow under wentz, they just forget how to play?

false. Last year when Foles came in we also got Sproles back. That helped the offense a ton.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
false. Last year when Foles came in we also got Sproles back. That helped the offense a ton.

the same sproles that fans want to retire now? foles stepped right in last year and beat the 11-2 rams on the road. smallwood and adams were the main backs. he hit alshon for 8 catches, 160 yards. prior to that, he was averaging 5 catches/54 yards per game with wentz. 8 players had multiple catches the following week against the 10-4 texans.

you can back wentz all you like. as i always said, it's all opinion and that's fine. but one can't deny foles was significantly better with this roster than wentz is.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

same boring fucking reply. foles has been significantly better than wentz with these players, with this offense. wentz was 5-6 last year with wins against garbage teams. the only decent one was the colts, who started 1-5 (when we faced them.) foles managed to go 5-2, including the postseason, when we were left for dead. he finished the rams game in 2017, then went 5-0 and won us the superbowl by outgunning brady. that's 10-2 overall, including 4-1 in the postseason. wentz is struggling to get the team to .500, AGAIN.

but again, keep "derping" facts and reality.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
same boring fucking reply. foles has been significantly better than wentz with these players, with this offense. wentz was 5-6 last year with wins against garbage teams. the only decent one was the colts, who started 1-5 (when we faced them.) foles managed to go 5-2, including the postseason, when we were left for dead. he finished the rams game in 2017, then went 5-0 and won us the superbowl by outgunning brady. that's 10-2 overall, including 4-1 in the postseason. wentz is struggling to get the team to .500, AGAIN.

but again, keep "derping" facts and reality.

now go look at 2017 and then smack yourself in the head with a hammer.