• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Iggy to the Penguins - Ray Shero is GOD (GOD just got fired) Upd: Now rehired

BlueWolfZero

Disruptive troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyway...screw the Penguins :)
but good luck Iginla

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I came to this thread to ask if people thought Iginla would be booed in Boston. Well if this thread is any indication I think I have my answer. So I'll skip to question #2. Do the Pens have any regular season games left in Boston? That would be pretty interesting.

For the record I don't fault anyone. Don't blame Iginla for exercising his right to chose. And I wouldn't blame Bruins' fans if they chose to boo him. It's all a part of being a sports fan and what makes it fun. Neither side should take it personally. It's not like he said "No please! Anywhere but Boston!!!" They were likely on a very short list to whom he would have accepted a trade. They just weren't on the top of that list.

loki604

Don't Blame the Refs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Christ. This thread is pathetic.

1) Whatever bitch was commenting about Pittsburgh fans. Other people responded to it, but yes our shitty owner fucked us over (contrary to popular belief, it wasn't a great time watching my favorite players traded away for peanuts), Mario bought the team and this whole fucking thing got caught up in politics. Are you an adult? I was able to comprehend this conflict as a teenager. Also, we've been solid-awesome in TV ratings the entire time. Even when the team was shitty. The fanbase was there - sorry they weren't as dumb as Pirates fans, though it might be because hockey tickets cost more than a ten-year-old's allowance. People like you make me feel like you should have to earn the Internet. I mean the information is right there. Google it, dumbass.

2) I know the circlejerk for some of you is fun and possibly the highlight of your week, but the Penguins are actually not the first team, nor will they be the last, to employ a player that is dirty or has made dirty plays. Quit with the whining history. As much as I hate Adam Graves, I'm not taking it out on Marc Staal or Stepan or who the fuck ever. And Cooke? Yeah, that was fucking horrible. Savard is one of my favorite non-Pens. But the team didn't get together before that and condone it. Oh I know, they made it happen because they employed such a horrible player. Todd Bertuzzi practically killed someone on the ice, but his tears totally make up for that and no one gave a shit as he continued his career on other teams. He's the extreme example, but cheapshots and dirty hits aren't exactly an endangered species in the NHL. I know, I know - Mario Lemieux is a hypocrite. Sidney Crosby should concuss himself for life to make up for everything the organization has ever done, blah blah blah. But I am 99% sure that Mario Lemieux, Ron Burkle, Ray Shero, Dan Bylsma, Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin, and Matt Cooke didn't hold a strategical meeting in Lemieux's wine cellar to take out Savard. Bottom line: it was a dirty, reckless play by a dirty, reckless player. And the Pens said, quit fucking up or leave. Being reasonable, that's the best action you can hope for as an orgnanizaiton. No, they aren't going to ban him from the fucking league. And yes, teams would have been interested if he left Pittsburgh.

3) And lol at wishing for injuries. If they happen, they happen, but you are a pussy if you're hoping to face a depleted team. I love the Penguins. But I love hockey. And I want to see the best competition I possibly can. Our team is great on paper, but who the fuck knows what will happen? It's not handed to the Pens and I know they are taking it that way. The best Penguins team that laced 'em up didn't win the Cup. But if I got to pick this year, it would be us vs. Chicago in the Final and it would suck if Toews, Kane, Hossa, or anyone was injured. I want to see two awesome teams play for the Cup. Not hope and pray that the other team loses enough players that my team has a cakewalk.

4) Boston, hope we see you in the ECF honestly. Though I can already hear the whining about the refs two months before it happens.

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Christ. This thread is pathetic.

1) Whatever bitch was commenting about Pittsburgh fans. Other people responded to it, but yes our shitty owner fucked us over (contrary to popular belief, it wasn't a great time watching my favorite players traded away for peanuts), Mario bought the team and this whole fucking thing got caught up in politics. Are you an adult? I was able to comprehend this conflict as a teenager. Also, we've been solid-awesome in TV ratings the entire time. Even when the team was shitty. The fanbase was there - sorry they weren't as dumb as Pirates fans, though it might be because hockey tickets cost more than a ten-year-old's allowance. People like you make me feel like you should have to earn the Internet. I mean the information is right there. Google it, dumbass.

2) I know the circlejerk for some of you is fun and possibly the highlight of your week, but the Penguins are actually not the first team, nor will they be the last, to employ a player that is dirty or has made dirty plays. Quit with the whining history. As much as I hate Adam Graves, I'm not taking it out on Marc Staal or Stepan or who the fuck ever. And Cooke? Yeah, that was fucking horrible. Savard is one of my favorite non-Pens. But the team didn't get together before that and condone it. Oh I know, they made it happen because they employed such a horrible player. Todd Bertuzzi practically killed someone on the ice, but his tears totally make up for that and no one gave a shit as he continued his career on other teams. He's the extreme example, but cheapshots and dirty hits aren't exactly an endangered species in the NHL. I know, I know - Mario Lemieux is a hypocrite. Sidney Crosby should concuss himself for life to make up for everything the organization has ever done, blah blah blah. But I am 99% sure that Mario Lemieux, Ron Burkle, Ray Shero, Dan Bylsma, Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin, and Matt Cooke didn't hold a strategical meeting in Lemieux's wine cellar to take out Savard. Bottom line: it was a dirty, reckless play by a dirty, reckless player. And the Pens said, quit fucking up or leave. Being reasonable, that's the best action you can hope for as an orgnanizaiton. No, they aren't going to ban him from the fucking league. And yes, teams would have been interested if he left Pittsburgh.

3) And lol at wishing for injuries. If they happen, they happen, but you are a pussy if you're hoping to face a depleted team. I love the Penguins. But I love hockey. And I want to see the best competition I possibly can. Our team is great on paper, but who the fuck knows what will happen? It's not handed to the Pens and I know they are taking it that way. The best Penguins team that laced 'em up didn't win the Cup. But if I got to pick this year, it would be us vs. Chicago in the Final and it would suck if Toews, Kane, Hossa, or anyone was injured. I want to see two awesome teams play for the Cup. Not hope and pray that the other team loses enough players that my team has a cakewalk.

4) Boston, hope we see you in the ECF honestly. Though I can already hear the whining about the refs two months before it happens.

Really?

You say in your opening line the thread is pathetic and then jump right in and start hurling insults.

:focus:

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I came to this thread to ask if people thought Iginla would be booed in Boston. Well if this thread is any indication I think I have my answer. So I'll skip to question #2. Do the Pens have any regular season games left in Boston? That would be pretty interesting.

For the record I don't fault anyone. Don't blame Iginla for exercising his right to chose. And I wouldn't blame Bruins' fans if they chose to boo him. It's all a part of being a sports fan and what makes it fun. Neither side should take it personally. It's not like he said "No please! Anywhere but Boston!!!" They were likely on a very short list to whom he would have accepted a trade. They just weren't on the top of that list.

I think 1 more game in like 3 weeks. I dont blame him for choosing the Pens. They are becoming the NHL version of the Miami Heat. Hell if I was Iggy I probably would have done the same. My only thought was he would have been welcomed into Boston as a GOD. In Pitt he is what the #3 or 4 stud?

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually loki the thread started out pretty good and there was some good natured fun going back and forth.

As the night went on it seems like it went down hill but in all fairness it was just a few that were responsible for it. I think happy hour came early (if you get my drift) :lol:

I think it's a great move by the Pens and puts them in a great position to win it all. Some people got bent that their team didn't get the prize but that's life and they'll need to deal with it.

Wishing injuries is just sad and I agree with that but not all of us were out of control.

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So eh, it's not like the trade deadline has passed. Does anyone think that we'll see another big one like this?

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So eh, it's not like the trade deadline has passed. Does anyone think that we'll see another big one like this?

I read in the paper today that the Kings uppers have attended the Sabres last few games. If that means anything I dunno.

I would think the Sabres would be sellers at this point.

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read in the paper today that the Kings uppers have attended the Sabres last few games. If that means anything I dunno.

I would think the Sabres would be sellers at this point.

Danny Boyle and (possibly) Keith Yandle still on the board. Those could be some big pickups if their teams maintain the recent skids.

/Yandle better stay far, far away from a Flyers uni.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
751020331.gif

:laugh3:

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I missed all of the action in this thread...

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I missed all of the action in this thread...

You didn't miss much, Jersey. Just some back and forth between Boston and Burgh fans.

If Boston fans have anyone they should be pissed off at.. I'd have to say their gripes should be directed toward Iggy.