• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If You're a Candidate for a NFL HC position ....

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Which of the teams that currently have coaches on the hot seat would you want to take over for???

I would go for Tampa Bay... The team clearly have talent on both sides of the ball but I think the HC has lost his credibility and the players' trust...

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"If You're a Candidate for a NFL HC position ...."

The I'm removing my name from consideration. I would neve take one of those jobs.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tampa Houston New York Giants New York Jets (not so much at the moment) Jacksonville Carolina that's all I can think of.

Houston and Carolina offer the most potential IMO...

I'm actually not sure ATM that either NY team has their coaches on the burner...

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More true about the Jets ATM but if the Giants keep loosing then Coughlin will be.

The Giants one is indeed a tough one... but Tom did get 2 Rings... I'm not sure if its the playcalling that stands out as a bad way but Eli and quite a few players individually are just garbage this season...

Really a hard call for me... depends on how the season ends right? ATM I dont see Coughlin being the goat for the Giants sh*t play this season... Eli and the OL(offensively) are the worst......

Now if players are tuning him out, then I the wheels spinning for a chance but this is the same coach that help them get two rings on seasons where they weren't world beaters at all, so fortunate, lucky and hot at the end en route to the titles...

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston without hesitation.

Sustaining a defense around JJ Watt should be incredibly easy and they already have a good amount of talent across the board on defense. On offense they have a great running game and a top WR with some very talented TEs.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Houston without hesitation.

Sustaining a defense around JJ Watt should be incredibly easy and they already have a good amount of talent across the board on defense. On offense they have a great running game and a top WR with some very talented TEs.

my first thought too.

but are there teams with GOOD QB's? i'd think Eli would be a consideration, and hence the Giants. cause no matter how good the surrounding cast, you need that GOOD triggerman.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my first thought too.

but are there teams with GOOD QB's? i'd think Eli would be a consideration, and hence the Giants. cause no matter how good the surrounding cast, you need that GOOD triggerman.

I don't think I would want Coughlin's sloppy seconds. Think of all the expectations on Seifert, if he didn't get that Super Bowl win his first year... he never would have made it to 1994.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Dallas Detroit

They both might make the playoffs, so I don't think there's a huge chance those guys get fired.

I could see Jerry Jones firing the ginger if he can convince Nick Saban to coach the Cowboys.

The Texans would be idiots to fire Gary Kubiac. He's a good coach with a crappy QB.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't think I would want Coughlin's sloppy seconds. Think of all the expectations on Seifert, if he didn't get that Super Bowl win his first year... he never would have made it to 1994.

that's fine.

but to me the idea is to coach a team to a SB win. if you do it with 'sloppy seconds', you still did it. whereas if you start with a team searching for a GOOD QB, you may never even reach the Conference championship?

no matter what we say 24 years or so later, Seifert is a SB winning Coach. can't take it away from him.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's fine.

but to me the idea is to coach a team to a SB win. if you do it with 'sloppy seconds', you still did it. whereas if you start with a team searching for a GOOD QB, you may never even reach the Conference championship?

no matter what we say 24 years or so later, Seifert is a SB winning Coach. can't take it away from him.

I wasn't criticizing Seifert, I was saying Eddie would have fired him if he didn't win a Super Bowl quickly with the sky high expectations of taking over a championship team.

In today's world, Coughlin's sloppy seconds means a $100 million dollar QB that limits how you can even build a team. You and your GM better knock every draft out of the park, because all the high-priced stars of Coughlin's team are gobbling up your cap.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tampa Houston New York Giants New York Jets (not so much at the moment) Jacksonville Carolina that's all I can think of.

Giants, Jets or Panthers. I don't think the Jets job will be open though as Ryan is doing a very good job this season considering the QB situation

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't consider the Giants job up for grabs and I don't want my hands in the Jets QB situation even if that job is up for grabs. Houston is the most appealing by far. They're set in almost every position other than QB. Keenum and Schaub intrigue me enough to believe in the short term success and if they do somehow find themselves in a position to have a high first round draft pick and a shot at either Clowney or one of the QB's then that's an immediate SB contender. Could you imagine Watt and Clowney on the same Defense? Granted it's a long shot.