• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If you were starting an NBA basketball team...

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
<---------This guy.

Over the last dozen years has any player offered more value to a team than the Big Fundamental with virtually zero downside? Not many!

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit! Talking about point guards, I would take Tony Parker over anyone in league right now. The level is playing on is ridiculous.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im going to penalize Tim Duncan a little bit because of Gregg Popovich who Im guessing is the greatest basketball coach in the modern game and probably swung a decent amount of that team's success. I would take TD over at least 5 names mentioned in this thread but I think he's in Moses Malone territory and not 'guy Im starting with not named MJ' territory.

In my lifetime, only 2 players have won it all with a scrub team. Dirk and Olajuwon. Ill just leave this quote from MJ I got from Wikipedia:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I had to pick a center [for an all-time best team], I would take Olajuwon. That leaves out Shaq, Patrick Ewing. It leaves out Wilt Chamberlain. It leaves out a lot of people. And the reason I would take Olajuwon is very simple: he is so versatile because of what he can give you from that position. It's not just his scoring, not just his rebounding or not just his blocked shots. People don't realize he was in the top seven in steals. He always made great decisions on the court. For all facets of the game, I have to give it to him.
—Michael Jordan[49]