• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If you want a Super Bowl QB, Let’s talk about the Salary Cap and where to draft one!

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon Sty,, you know who. Kirk Cousins was, and still is a 2nd tier QB in this league.. perhaps a low end 2nd tier but that type of play will keep you in the playoffs where anything can happen,, hence my term,, relevant. I remember KC consistently moving this team down the field without a RB, WR and line... our defense cost us games more so then he ever did. How nice would it be to have him right now with our WRs and RBs and better line.... and I'll add Kyle at the coach spot. My point is Snyder will FU a good thing sure as Millie the cow will become a steak dinner.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand Sapp located this classified document in the garage behind the Bugatti of the home belonging to the Bears owner Virginia Halas. Word is it was planted by the Commanders coaching staff to shift the heat off the investigation of their own owner. Fields ain't being traded. Fake news.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No to trading for Fields. Its unlikely the price will be reasonable, our coaching ataff is murky at this time, and Ohio state qbs havent done all that well in the pros.

Most importantly though, is the trade cost.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i kinda feel like we learned a lesson from the Wentz/Hienken saga.
Taylor although boring, IMO would've gotten us into the playoffs.
The main knock on Taylor was his arm strength/gambling in coverage plays, etc?

If RR remains, why not give Howell a shot earn the starting gig?
These washed up QBs at the helm don't work. 2023-24 looks like a better year to go all in at QB in the draft

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

These washed up QBs at the helm don't work. 2023-24 looks like a better year to go all in at QB in the draft
Howell has better physical skills than Taylor and Wentz.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howell has better physical skills than Taylor and Wentz.

you think so? If Howell is anything like Wentz before his gearbox broke, that would be awesome.
hopefully he gets a shot or rather wins that shot

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon Sty,, you know who. Kirk Cousins was, and still is a 2nd tier QB in this league.. perhaps a low end 2nd tier but that type of play will keep you in the playoffs where anything can happen,, hence my term,, relevant. I remember KC consistently moving this team down the field without a RB, WR and line... our defense cost us games more so then he ever did. How nice would it be to have him right now with our WRs and RBs and better line.... and I'll add Kyle at the coach spot. My point is Snyder will FU a good thing sure as Millie the cow will become a steak dinner.
You've gotta be kidding me with Kirk farkin' Cousins! Being a mediocre team would and has happened with and without him.
It looks like I'm going to have to reveal something to some of you that isn't as apparent as it is to the NFL, people with inside information and the general public at large.

Individual stats on a team game that only serves the interest of that player and doesn't translate to playoff wins and/or championships ain't shit. As Herm Edward's once famously said... "you play to win the game!"

You don't overpay for average or slightly above average and Washington with Kirk still here would be no better than they have been and at best been a team that backs into the playoff. We all know what happens to every team that guy plays on at playoff time if they get there.
Nobody that I know ever mentions a desire to have Cousins still here and neither do I. It is a foolish argument to say that he is better than anyone that's been here since he left and now to wish he was still here demonstrate a level of desperation and frustration that most rational minds not operating on emotion find lacking proper perspective!

Let me ask you something that might help those who are struggling with this using a real time situation with this team... ready??... Given the opportunity to have a top of the line QB or the choice of Cousins and the garbage that has been fielded since he left, wouldn't the logical choice be that top of the line QB? Isn't that why uniformly people on this board wants Snyder replaced? So why have higher standards and expectations when it comes to Snyder and not Kirk Cousins et.al.?

Last edited:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why do you suppose it is that this organization of all organizations has to learn a lesson that has historically been their normal?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just posted it , thought sty might like it
I read it a couple of days ago, thought that it was interesting but it seems, forward thinking is frowned upon in some quarters here. It is sad to note that people are STILL dreaming of mediocre+ for this team in the form of Kirk Cousins.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... kind of like Warren farkin Moon. :pound:

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you think so? If Howell is anything like Wentz before his gearbox broke, that would be awesome.
hopefully he gets a shot or rather wins that shot
His legs are much better than wentz. The kid can move. He also has a rocket arm. These are facts. What is unknown is does he have the intangibles ( unknown by us).

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His legs are much better than wentz. The kid can move. He also has a rocket arm. These are facts. What is unknown is does he have the intangibles ( unknown by us).
I honestly believe that Howell should get a shot for the job and there should be real competition drafted... beyond that there's a disconnect on this board with some, my explanation is as follows...

As I read these posts, pro-Howell posters have made it a point to emphasize his once lofty draft position which is OK and basically tells us that he has or had a higher level of QBing pedigree. What that translates into is drafting a similar or better pedigreed player to compete with him, and yet, every posted mock, every non-mock post related to drafting a QB is one that finds this team drafting a guy not even close to what these same posters said about Howell. Now I ask you, how is that real competition?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly believe that Howell should get a shot for the job and there should be real competition drafted... beyond that there's a disconnect on this board with some, my explanation is as follows...

As I read these posts, pro-Howell posters have made it a point to emphasize his once lofty draft position which is OK and basically tells us that he has or had a higher level of QBing pedigree. What that translates into is drafting a similar or better pedigreed player to compete with him, and yet, every posted mock, every non-mock post related to drafting a QB is one that finds this team drafting a guy not even close to what these same posters said about Howell. Now I ask you, how is that real competition?
Not sure who you are directing that to, but my whole position is to draft a qb every year until you find the guy. I am not pro howell, but I am pro giving Howell a real shot And bring the competition on.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure who you are directing that to, but my whole position is to draft a qb every year until you find the guy. I am not pro howell, but I am pro giving Howell a real shot And bring the competition on.
No, I'm agreeing with you about giving Howell a shot, I'm just not sure where that real competition comes from in the draft. Most here who were happy with drafting Howell in the first place said so because of his prior years' performances. (Projected first-rounder, etc.) To me, real competition comes from drafting another guy with similar pre-draft status and you're not going to find that in the lower rounds.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I'm agreeing with you about giving Howell a shot, I'm just not sure where that real competition comes from in the draft. Most here who were happy with drafting Howell in the first place said so because of his prior years' performances. (Projected first-rounder, etc.) To me, real competition comes from drafting another guy with similar pre-draft status and you're not going to find that in the lower rounds.

so what do you propose?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Against my better judgment, I'm going to engage once in order to respond to this nonsense.

Here's a list of Vikings QB and their historical numbers:

1. Fran Tarkenton: 33,098 YDS | 239 TD | 177 GMS
  2. Tommy Kramer: 24,775 YDS | 159 TD | 128 GMS
  3. Daunte Culpepper: 20,162 YDS | 135 TD | 81 GMS
  4. Kirk Cousins: 12,166 YDS | 91 TD | 47 GMS
  5. Wade Wilson: 12,135 YDS | 66 TD | 76 GMS
  6. Brad Johnson: 11,098 YDS | 65 YDS | 68 GMS
  7. Warren Moon: 10,102 YDS | 58 TD | 39 GMS
  8. Brett Favre: 6,711 YDS | 44 TD | 29 GMS
  9. Christian Ponder: 6,658 | 38 TD | 38 GMS
Here's why it's moronic to compare Cousins to Moon:

1. Moon passed for nearly 50,000 yards during his NFL career -- a rather remarkable feat, considering he spent the first six years of his professional career playing in the Canadian Football League. He did win five straight Grey Cups, which is pretty amazing. Unfortunately, he never came close to a Super Bowl in the NFL. His Oilers failed to make an AFC Championship Game.

2. Moon led the NFL in passing yards twice, while also receiving nine Pro Bowl selections. He spent 10 seasons with the Oilers, who he led to seven playoff appearances, and made an eighth postseason run with the Vikings before retiring in 2000. At the time of his retirement, Moon held several all-time professional gridiron football passing records.

When you look at the following, remember that he spent his first 6 years in Canada because the NFL didn't really allow AF QBs and that when allowed to play, NFL teams were mostly run-first including Houston.

3. Franchise records
Moon remains statistically one of the best players ever for the Oilers/Titans franchise. As of 2019's NFL off-season, Moon still held at least 37 Titans franchise records, including:

• Most Completions (career): 2,632
  • Most Completions (season): 404 (1991)
  • Most Completions (game): 41 (1991-11-10 DAL)
  • Most Completions (playoff career): 230
  • Most Completions (playoff game): 36 (1993-01-03 @BUF)
  • Most Completions (rookie season): 259 (1984)
  • Most Pass Attempts (career): 4,546
  • Most Pass Attempts (season): 655 (1991)
  • Most Pass Attempts (playoff career): 351
  • Most Pass Attempts (playoff game): 50 (1993-01-03 @BUF)
  • Most Pass Attempts (rookie season): 450 (1984)
  • Most Passing Yards (career): 33,685
  • Most Passing Yards (season): 4,690 (1991)
  • Most Passing Yards (game): 527 (1990-12-16 @KAN)
  • Most Passing Yards (playoff career): 2,578
  • Most Passing Yards (playoff game): 371 (1993-01-03 @BUF)
  • Most Passing Yards (rookie season): 3,338 (1984)
  • Most Passing TDs (career): 196
  • Most Passing TDs (playoff career): 15
  • Most Passing TDs (playoff season): 5 (1991)
  • Most Passing TDs (playoff game): 4 (1993-01-03 @BUF)
  • Most Pass Yds/Game (career): 238.9
  • Most Pass Yds/Game (season): 312.6 (1990)
  • Most Pass Yds/Game (playoff career): 286.4
  • Most Pass Yds/Game (playoff season): 371 (1992)
  • Most 300+ yard passing games (career): 42
  • Most 300+ yard passing games (season): 9 (1990)
  • Most 300+ yard passing games (playoffs): 4
  • Most 300+ yard passing games (rookie season): 4
  • Most 4,000+ passing yard seasons: 2

Awards​

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so what do you propose?
Well, beyond my earlier proposals and following this suggestion, I would scour the draft eligible looking for a QB who grades out to the second round or better just like Howell was supposed to have done. (I disagree) To be clear, It is a waste of draft capital to draft a QB beyond the 3rd round IMO. Understand, Howell is here now and because he is, must be given a real opportunity to compete for the job, but it should be the last time that this team reaches down for a QB.