• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

if we can't re-sign alex smith..we need to

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We need to find away to trade for the first overall pick and draft Andrew luck or RG111...

NinersForLife

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must be playing too much Madden. Not gunna happen.

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
it could happen if luck decides he doesn't want to play for the colts

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
lol..maybe its wishful thinking i can't see us winning with Kaepernick as are starting qb!!

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even with Alex returning, back to back 13-3 seasons or better is difficult for teams who are new to the "contenders" tag.

Now it won't be the end of the world if we lose Alex, yes we may hurt w/o his actual game experience and decision making in the upcoming season but believe that Kap as a QB can deliver for us.

He wouldn't have been taken in the 2nd(trade up) if Baalke & Harbs didn't feel so and they have a good track record with draft picks so i can't/won't say anything negative until given opportunity.

And to trade for Luck, or RG3, we'll need to throw in like 4 firsts and a couple of 2nds including a player or 2 due to our draft position now and in the future.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol..maybe its wishful thinking i can't see us winning with Kaepernick as are starting qb!!

We can win with anyone at QB with Moss, Manningham, Crabs and Davis, oh and Gore

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't realize so many people were down on Kap.

Maybe he CAN'T average 195 yards and 1 TD per game in 2012.

InTheRedZone377

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Other than a few snaps in the Bucs game and the preseason game, I have never really seen Kap play. Interesting to hear that others have a lesser opinion of his abilities. I thought he was up and coming for this organization.

I figure Harbaugh and company have a plan either way.

Last edited by a moderator:

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can win with anyone at QB with Moss, Manningham, Crabs and Davis, oh and Gore

lol. u can't just insert random qb's and expect the wins to roll in. 7 of our 14 wins were late game comebacks. not many qb's can do stuff like that, especially without talent. we had injured wr's and vernon had an off year until the playoffs.

take a look at the steelers the year they tanked, think it was 2003? they ended up getting big ben in the draft and it turned around the franchise. but they had a big time d and two pro bowl wr's.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't realize so many people were down on Kap.

Maybe he CAN'T average 195 yards and 1 TD per game in 2012.

I'm not down on him. I think he could easily exceed those numbers (obviously) but can he keep turnovers way down?? Is he ready to start??

On the same note... can Smith replicate that near turnoverless season?? The more I think about it, we free up like 6 million if we don't sign Smith and go with Kap and sign a guy like Josh Johnson. That makes me nervous. Hell, Smith makes me nervous. This is bullshit... I went from yesterday being completely confident we would land Manning, in turn making me confident in a legit Superbowl appearance (probably win) into not sure where we stand.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we were one idiot away from a super bowl appearance, well two cuss harbaugh should have sat his ass on the bench after kyle dove for a free catch. it was in basically a rebuilding year without a full offseason.

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's natural for fans to try and see the upside when they draft a player.

However I watched Kap in college against crappy WAC competition and he doesn't impress me. Not accurate. A poor man's Timmy Tebow.

We need to draft someone, doesn't have to be high profile there are plenty of QB's who have been great drafted in later rounds. If not this year then next. Smith (if he stays) and KP are place holders. Said that a year ago and nothing has changed my mind.

stilla9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone thought Alex Smith was the worst QB in NFL history before JH got a hold of him. He took Smith and made him relevant. Now if im a betting man I'm willing to say that JH could turn CK into a better QB than Smith with a little more time. I think CK is going to be a far better QB than Smith could ever be.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im pretty sure harbaigh is better judge of qbs than this board. That's just my opinion.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Harbaugh is supposed to be a QB genius so I lean on giving CK the benefit of the doubt.

I was barely leaning on Smith to start but now I think we should save the money and just go with CK, grab Wallace, fortify the RG spot in the draft, and through the draft grab a Returner and a RB that can push Dixon and be heir apparent to Gore.

I don't think sitting on the bench another year would kill CK but I think he can step in and play right now. And might as well find out so we can move on if we need to.