• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

if we can't re-sign alex smith..we need to

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kap has all the physical tools. He had all of last year to learn the playbook. He is being groomed by a 'QB guru'. He has potentialy a great supporting cast and a defense that can keep us in any game. I believe this might be a good time to see what the kid has...

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not down on him. I think he could easily exceed those numbers (obviously) but can he keep turnovers way down?? Is he ready to start??

On the same note... can Smith replicate that near turnoverless season?? The more I think about it, we free up like 6 million if we don't sign Smith and go with Kap and sign a guy like Josh Johnson. That makes me nervous. Hell, Smith makes me nervous. This is bullshit... I went from yesterday being completely confident we would land Manning, in turn making me confident in a legit Superbowl appearance (probably win) into not sure where we stand.

Like I've said before, there's no doubt that Kap would commit more turnovers than Alex. On the other side, though, I think he'll make more plays. All he'd have to do to match Alex's numbers last year is average 195 yards and 1 TD per game. Not only do I think he can match those, but I think he can up those. I think he'll average at least 225 yards and 1.8 TDs per game. That's 3,600 yards and 29 TDs. I also think he'll have 12-14 INTs. It took Alex 7 years to eclipse the 3,000 yard mark. He hasn't even hit 20 TDs in a season yet.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kap has all the physical tools. He had all of last year to learn the playbook. He is being groomed by a 'QB guru'. He has potentialy a great supporting cast and a defense that can keep us in any game. I believe this might be a good time to see what the kid has...

Exactly. Harbaugh is implementing a fishnet offense anyways. We're gonna rely more on our running game and defense than the passing game whether it's Alex or CK in the lineup. Might as well see what he has now so we can make a decision whether or not to draft a QB in 2013 or not.

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I've said before, there's no doubt that Kap would commit more turnovers than Alex. On the other side, though, I think he'll make more plays. All he'd have to do to match Alex's numbers last year is average 195 yards and 1 TD per game. Not only do I think he can match those, but I think he can up those. I think he'll average at least 225 yards and 1.8 TDs per game. That's 3,600 yards and 29 TDs. I also think he'll have 12-14 INTs. It took Alex 7 years to eclipse the 3,000 yard mark. He hasn't even hit 20 TDs in a season yet.

Man you are expecting him to put up better numbers than Rapethisburger, Rivers, And Cam Newton? You are exoecting him to match what Eli Manning, Matt Ryan, and Tony Romo did this past season? Basically you are expecting him to come in and be a Top 5-7 QB in his first season. Well that's some high expectations - and I do mean high :smokin:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think 2013 is when it would pay off, because I see Alex getting those numbers or better this year with fewer INTs (I think our receivers are better this year and Smith will improve, not a given) and I see Kaep getting better than those numbers in 2013. Overall, I see Smith playing this year and competition the next year being the best option for us.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Exactly. Harbaugh is implementing a fishnet offense anyways. We're gonna rely more on our running game and defense than the passing game whether it's Alex or CK in the lineup. Might as well see what he has now so we can make a decision whether or not to draft a QB in 2013 or not.

agree our offense will likely stay similar to last year, but do think we'd pass a LITTLE bit more? this might mean more medium and long versus simply more attempts.

cause to keep up with the better teams (tougher schedule and play-offs), Harbaugh can't stay the same formula, he must use Moss and Manningham where possible?

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ck isnt starting anytime soon, so stop. Alex Smith has earned the right to be the starting Qb after the year he had

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

29 td's? how many 1st year starters do that? seems like wishful thinking. i dont think luck or griffon will get 29 and they're more ready coming out of college

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
heck it took tom brady 7 years to get 29 in a season and he was being compared to joe montana during that time

lemme see your glass, u need to add some reality with your drink

Southern9er

Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We need to find away to trade for the first overall pick and draft Andrew luck or RG111...

Are you trying to make yourself a bulls-eye????

:burt:

This is the fourth post I've seen from you today that has the negative kind of "wow" written all over it. Not to be mean...just informing you of your current "direction"

Kellen Moore in the 4th (over a trade up for Tannehill)
Trade Crabs for a 1st
And your "creative" ways to make Luck or RG3 a 49er...x2

:lever:

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not down on Kap In just a Las Vegas local who watche lots of Kap in College he may turn out to be Cam Newtonesque which woul be awesome. But from what I saw he is more likely to be Tim Tebow-esque without the religion.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ck isnt starting anytime soon, so stop. Alex Smith has earned the right to be the starting Qb after the year he had

Didnt realize he signed yet...

lol im pretty sure he will but still no pen to paper yet.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we were one idiot away from a super bowl appearance, well two cuss harbaugh should have sat his ass on the bench after kyle dove for a free catch. it was in basically a rebuilding year without a full offseason.

I doubt it. We'd have probably still been playing if the Giants hadn't scored. No way were the 49ers going to score in that game. That was probably the most inept, pathetic final quarter of offense ever played by a team playing for a championship. Harbaugh was playing not to lose which normally ends up in disaster.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners don't need to do anything. Either Smith signs or they roll with Kap and maybe get Josh Johnson to compete. I wouldn't expect huge things from Kap his first year. The will be more deep throws and obviously more INT's. If Kap could put up Dalton's stats that would be very nice but that's probably asking too much. So many people with all this love for Smith after posting up a decent season. Getting ridiculous. And I'm a Smith supporter.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We resign smith, then he has to split his contract with david akers and the defenseive starters.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt it. We'd have probably still been playing if the Giants hadn't scored. No way were the 49ers going to score in that game. That was probably the most inept, pathetic final quarter of offense ever played by a team playing for a championship. Harbaugh was playing not to lose which normally ends up in disaster.

How can you play not to lose when you're losing?????

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to find away to trade for the first overall pick and draft Andrew luck or RG111...

Hold out until there is a good value pick in the late first/2nd round in a year or 2. Maybe even a Kirk Cousins kind of pick in the 2nd / 3rd or where ever he is projected