• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How did we get here?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This article paints a fairly grim picture of our team's fortunes, at least in the short term:

The Chicago Bears are in an awkward spot right now. They’re one of the worst teams in the NFL but also a team with minimal draft capital and not enough cap space going into 2022. They feel like a team in need of a reboot. Especially with the second-oldest roster in the league.

I mean, I could live with an ancient roster if it was because we were winning year after year and had trouble letting go of such talent. But one of the worst records in the NFL and trending downward to boot.....all this with the 2nd oldest roster in the league? Unconscionable. Heads need to roll.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, this is almost as bad as 2014. I say "almost" because we have a young, talented QB who will be on the 2nd year of his rookie deal. Something that still gives us hope. Oh, and Mack/Quinn/Hicks are valuable trade pieces. Versus the end of 2014 - when we had the same problem. However, we had a 30+ year old Cutler going on the 2nd year of a fat contract. Along with our most expensive defensive pieces being Jared Allen and Lamar Houston. Who were, in fact, unwanted and not tradeable due to their age/massive decline and fat ass contracts.

And what should have been our most tradeable asset? Brandon Marshall in his prime? Yeah... we could only get a 5th round pick for him. Because he had cemented himself as poison with a 3rd locker room and nobody really wanted him either. Even if he was dominant.

So, this shitshow does not top that one. But it is a shitshow, nonetheless.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, this is almost as bad as 2014. I say "almost" because we have a young, talented QB who will be on the 2nd year of his rookie deal. Something that still gives us hope. Oh, and Mack/Quinn/Hicks are valuable trade pieces. Versus the end of 2014 - when we had the same problem. However, we had a 30+ year old Cutler going on the 2nd year of a fat contract. Along with our most expensive defensive pieces being Jared Allen and Lamar Houston. Who were, in fact, unwanted and not tradeable due to their age/massive decline and fat ass contracts.

And what should have been our most tradeable asset? Brandon Marshall in his prime? Yeah... we could only get a 5th round pick for him. Because he had cemented himself as poison with a 3rd locker room and nobody really wanted him either. Even if he was dominant.

So, this shitshow does not top that one. But it is a shitshow, nonetheless.

The idiots will be in an uproar because Fields is starting next year. They want the other guy starting. (rolls eyes)

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The idiots will be in an uproar because Fields is starting next year. They want the other guy starting. (rolls eyes)
I love when you say something absolutely idiotic, like what you just said. Name one person in here who will be upset that Fields will be starting next year and when exactly did this person say that. But you won't because as usual, you can't. You just blurt out some dumb shit and hope no one calls you out.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love when you say something absolutely idiotic, like what you just said. Name one person in here who will be upset that Fields will be starting next year and when exactly did this person say that. But you won't because as usual, you can't. You just blurt out some dumb shit and hope no one calls you out.

Try to put 2 and 2 together dumb guy.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Try to put 2 and 2 together dumb guy.
Uh....ok. Think I managed that tough little math quiz. Now kindly state as I asked instead of your usual deflection. It might work on some in here Mensa, but I prefer holding people to what they say. Kindly start naming names and when they said they'd be upset if Fields was the starter next year. I'll wait.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did the Bears get to where they are today? Two words. Ted Phillips.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh....ok. Think I managed that tough little math quiz. Now kindly state as I asked instead of your usual deflection. It might work on some in here Mensa, but I prefer holding people to what they say. Kindly start naming names and when they said they'd be upset if Fields was the starter next year. I'll wait.

Many here wanted Dalton to start over Fields this year. Go do a search it's not hard to find. My comments were an extension to how idiotic that want was by extending it to next year. Put 2 and 2 together.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many here wanted Dalton to start over Fields this year. Go do a search it's not hard to find. My comments were an extension to how idiotic that want was by extending it to next year. Put 2 and 2 together.
Deflection is attempting to draw attention away from oneself and put that attention onto another person.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deflection is attempting to draw attention away from oneself and put that attention onto another person.

I answered your question perfectly and yet you still don't get it. This is not my problem. The system has failed you.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can live with this.
But can you live with your anger that have have at me right now?

Your failed attempt at making me angry is...angering you. Here, you're not deflecting, you are projecting.