• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If we are being honest about it, DeVonta Smith is going to establish himself as the best WR in the league within the next 3 years.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great route here. Elite some might even say...

I hadn't looked to closely at it until now. The comments here are correct in that it seems it would not have been an interception if Smith hadn't fallen down.

Adam Sandler Time GIF

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hadn't looked to closely at it until now. The comments here are correct in that it seems it would not have been an interception if Smith hadn't fallen down.

Adam Sandler Time GIF
Yeah, Smith started his cut at the 42 and rounded it out. It wasn't a sharp cut. He lost it, and fell down at the 40. The INT occurs at the 41. Easy to see that if Smith were still standing, it likely is an incomplete pass at worst.

Crap happens. WR's fall down. While many of us have a good poke at it because of the nature of this thread - Smith falling down isn't something you can really control. However, to say that it was an INT either way is blatantly false unless OP has such poor faith in his QB and WR that even standing at the 40 like a wall, Diggs was simply going to abuse Smith and Hurts for the INT and return it for 6. If that is truly the case, then the title of this thread is quite oxymoronic.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am happy for you guys that Remember the Koy makes posting so much fun, but please don't equate him with Eagles fans. Yes, some of us are homers, but a lot of us are actually pessimists when it comes to our teams and athletes, so much so that they call it "Negadelphia".

Smith...looks pretty good for a rookie receiver. Now, if you want to talk smack, look at Jalen Reagor, last year's firs round rookie WR. They keep trying to make Reagor happen, and he is simply not a starting WR. He is a #3 slot receiver at best in the NFL. Quez Watkins is clearly better and should be the #2 guy alongside Smith.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am happy for you guys that Remember the Koy makes posting so much fun, but please don't equate him with Eagles fans. Yes, some of us are homers, but a lot of us are actually pessimists when it comes to our teams and athletes, so much so that they call it "Negadelphia".

Smith...looks pretty good for a rookie receiver. Now, if you want to talk smack, look at Jalen Reagor, last year's firs round rookie WR. They keep trying to make Reagor happen, and he is simply not a starting WR. He is a #3 slot receiver at best in the NFL. Quez Watkins is clearly better and should be the #2 guy alongside Smith.
Wow, don't misspell that one...

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Image result for fair enough gif

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Diggs was covering a Middle School kid on this play. No wonder he is doing so well.

Bow down to your master

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna be hard to be the best when you got the other rookie in the class currently sitting:

7th in yards, 3rd in YPC (10 or more catches), Tied 2nd in TD (5), 7th in YPG. He's also done this on 5 less Targets than Smith.

In advanced/hidden stats - He also doesn't seem to fall down leading to INT's, but I digress.....

He is, however, doing better than Waddle in Miami, so there is that.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Second straight game with 7 catches for DeVonta. Also had another TD called back on a penalty as well has catching a 2 point conversion yesterday.

Currently on pace for 80 receptions and over 1k yards receiving as a rookie.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Adam Sandler Time GIF

I'm not seeing it. Diggs jumped that route the instant Smith made his cut. Saying that he wouldn't have picked it anyway assumes a lot.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna be hard to be the best when you got the other rookie in the class currently sitting:

7th in yards, 3rd in YPC (10 or more catches), Tied 2nd in TD (5), 7th in YPG. He's also done this on 5 less Targets than Smith.

In advanced/hidden stats - He also doesn't seem to fall down leading to INT's, but I digress.....

He is, however, doing better than Waddle in Miami, so there is that.

Chase looked like the real deal vs Packers... couple of very impressive catches... ball that bounced up with Stokes all over him and still had concentration to catch after bounced up in air... late catch on sideline and getting both feet in bounds... long TD and bringing it in with Savage flying in front of him almost getting ball.

Big and strong... picks up yards after contact, Stokes had trouble bringing him down.