• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If we are being honest about it, DeVonta Smith is going to establish himself as the best WR in the league within the next 3 years.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah blame the qb. Perhaps its the surrounding talent. You know baby julio et al.

You probably saw but Quez Watkins is starting to take all Baby Julio's snaps. He's clearly better.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles are playing 3D chess.

They know that Miles Sanders would demand a gigantic contract if they used him as much and the way they should. So to keep his contract value down, they wont do that this year.

genius GIF

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jamar chase however, has been superb
I won't lie - Chase was 3rd on my draft list behind Sewell and the TE from Florida. If only because the Bengals already had Boyd and Higgins. I thought they could have still gotten a good value WR in round 2/3.

Man - I am glad they got him. The OL still needs help, but Uzomah is serviceable, even if he's not a game-breaking TE, but what Chase has been able to do in his first 5 games, if this is just the start - they have an All-Pro for years to team with Burrow.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3-year window is too far away. Teams change every year. He could end up on a number of shitty teams.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith played excellent defense back last night while playing receiver. Did you see his athletic pass breakups?
now this is true.
He was the best DB on the eagles last night.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we are truly being honest about it, this thread does not exist if Smith is drafted by any other team. I know, I know, Captain Obvious here. :D

Yep it could have been the "

If we are being honest about it, Kadarius Toney is going to establish himself as the best WR in the league within the next 3 years." thread​

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chase 27 rec; 553 yards; 5 TDS
Waddle 37 rec; 301 yards; 3 TDS
Smith 27 rec; 345 yards; 1 TD

If Toney plays enough snaps he'll likely pass Smith soon too. Yes Smith plays with a RB masquerading as a QB, but the other guys also have a lot more competition for the ball. Eagles have no one and the guy still has shit #'s

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chase 27 rec; 553 yards; 5 TDS
Waddle 37 rec; 301 yards; 3 TDS
Smith 27 rec; 345 yards; 1 TD

If Toney plays enough snaps he'll likely pass Smith soon too. Yes Smith plays with a RB masquerading as a QB, but the other guys also have a lot more competition for the ball. Eagles have no one and the guy still has shit #'s
Out of all of that, one of the highlights for Chase will be yesterday's block on MIxon's catch, run, and TD.

Mixon turned up field and had 1 defender in front of him downfield. Chase came flying down the field and sealed off the guy, allowing Mixon to easily reach the endzone. Just a high level play by a rookie WR.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out of all of that, one of the highlights for Chase will be yesterday's block on MIxon's catch, run, and TD.

Mixon turned up field and had 1 defender in front of him downfield. Chase came flying down the field and sealed off the guy, allowing Mixon to easily reach the endzone. Just a high level play by a rookie WR.
I saw that and also heard the discussions about it on my way to work today. Chase was my top non-QB in the draft this year - actually I had him 2nd to Lawrence. Kid is a superstar.

Last edited:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that and also heard the discussions about it on my way to work today. Chase was my top non-QB in the draft this year - actually I had him 2nd to Lawrence. Kid is a superstar.
I did have Kyle Pitts and Penei Sewell ahead of him but I'll admit that I bought into the hype on Sewell a bit too much without digging deep into his technique issues. I do think its possible that Pitts does end up better than Chase but they're both stellar.

Its actually weird to see my #1 WR from 2019 (Ceedee Lamb) and 2020 (Chase) both doing well. Generally I think teams should wait until the 2nd round on WRs but if the 'top' guys stop busting then that might change.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did have Kyle Pitts and Penei Sewell ahead of him but I'll admit that I bought into the hype on Sewell a bit too much without digging deep into his technique issues. I do think its possible that Pitts does end up better than Chase but they're both stellar.

Its actually weird to see my #1 WR from 2019 (Ceedee Lamb) and 2020 (Chase) both doing well. Generally I think teams should wait until the 2nd round on WRs but if the 'top' guys stop busting then that might change.
You also just can't discount the fact that Burrow and Chase have a history - that's a pretty rare thing to see in a draft where a team has a chance to draft a #1 QB and then the next year take the guys #1 WR from his college team.

That history, I think, has played a huge factor in Chase hitting the ground as fast as he has. Burrow trusts him already, and the report is already there between them. He leads the Bengals in Targets (just ahead of Boyd) even if he's second in receptions (behind Boyd).

If this team ever figures out how to find an OL worth a damn - this offense is going to be incredible to watch over the next few years.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You also just can't discount the fact that Burrow and Chase have a history - that's a pretty rare thing to see in a draft where a team has a chance to draft a #1 QB and then the next year take the guys #1 WR from his college team.

That history, I think, has played a huge factor in Chase hitting the ground as fast as he has. Burrow trusts him already, and the report is already there between them. He leads the Bengals in Targets (just ahead of Boyd) even if he's second in receptions (behind Boyd).

If this team ever figures out how to find an OL worth a damn - this offense is going to be incredible to watch over the next few years.
I'd agree that is something pretty special but tbh I just think that says a lot about Chase. Chase came into LSU as a badass and that almost never happens for WRs. Its a very technical position that times time to develop and he came out swinging right away and torched all of the SEC NFL prospects.