• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If we are being honest about it, DeVonta Smith is going to establish himself as the best WR in the league within the next 3 years.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith has been getting open constantly every game. Hurts is still a developing QB that unfortunately is not where he needs to be with his timing yet on throws as well as not looking to DeVonta enough and Smith's production has taken a hit as a result. Otherwise you would be looking at a lot more yards, TDs and receptions for DeVonta this year. Two examples of this are the recent two Giants games.

But there are a lot of extremely ignorant people in this thread that have no idea what they are talking about.

nitpicking to prove your point/

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith has been getting open constantly every game. Hurts is still a developing QB that unfortunately is not where he needs to be with his timing yet on throws as well as not looking to DeVonta enough and Smith's production has taken a hit as a result. Otherwise you would be looking at a lot more yards, TDs and receptions for DeVonta this year. Two examples of this are the recent two Giants games.

But there are a lot of extremely ignorant people in this thread that have no idea what they are talking about.

Lol! You mean the lame Eagles' homer breakdowns? Already seen his stuff in your previous posts. Not horrible, but certainly not a all-inclusive overview of Smith's overall game.

Again, anyone can post videos of WRs getting open all day long. Generally speaking, on any play there is an open WR somewhere that the QB may or may not throw to. There is also plenty of video out there of these same WRs, including Smith, not getting open.

If you want to watch a much more polished NFL level route runner, then watch some Cooper Kupp videos. Smith isn't nearly at his level yet. Add to it his issues with contested catches and relatively mediocre (compared to your predictions) catch rates and you have a good, young WR with size and strength issues who in best case scenerio may become very good but doesn't appear to be top 3.

Again, no one has a problem with a possibility of being good to even very good prediction but top 3 doesn't appear to be a realistic prediction.

.......but the game videos of him trying to block are hilarious!

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol! You mean the lame Eagles' homer breakdowns? Already seen his stuff in your previous posts. Not horrible, but certainly not a all-inclusive overview of Smith's overall game.

Again, anyone can post videos of WRs getting open all day long. Generally speaking, on any play there is an open WR somewhere that the QB may or may not throw to. There is also plenty of video out there of these same WRs, including Smith, not getting open.

If you want to watch a much more polished NFL level route runner, then watch some Cooper Kupp videos. Smith isn't nearly at his level yet. Add to it his issues with contested catches and relatively mediocre (compared to your predictions) catch rates and you have a good, young WR with size and strength issues who in best case scenerio may become very good but doesn't appear to be top 3.

Again, no one has a problem with a possibility of being good to even very good prediction but top 3 doesn't appear to be a realistic prediction.

.......but the game videos of him trying to block are hilarious!

Issues with contested catches? What issues with contested catches?

No offense but I have no respect whatsoever for any football opinion you have. You're just a clown.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No offense but I have no respect whatsoever for any football opinion you have. You're just a clown.
You are right.

No issues there, because there are no contested catches....

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nice!
I finally got another "no respect" post from RtK! Happy days!

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No contested catches? He's making contested catches pretty much every game.

If he has close coverage he struggles to seperate the ball from the defender. He is easily moved with minor contact. We have seen it all year and posting a single catch doesn't change the facts.

PFF currently has him ranked as #61 in the league and 3rd on his own team behind Reagor and Watkins (48 and 49 respectively). Please explain that if he is so spectacular at all aspects of the game.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he has close coverage he struggles to seperate the ball from the defender. He is easily moved with minor contact. We have seen it all year and posting a single catch doesn't change the facts.

PFF currently has him ranked as #61 in the league and 3rd on his own team behind Reagor and Watkins (48 and 49 respectively). Please explain that if he is so spectacular at all aspects of the game.

Can you please provide an example of him struggling to seperate the ball from the defender? You say you've seen it all year so please provide just one example.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you please provide an example of him struggling to seperate the ball from the defender? You say you've seen it all year so please provide just one example.
About 4 or 5 examples just in his first game against the 9ers. He has had too many balls that he had hands on this year and he couldn't pull them in. His 61.7% catch rate puts him in the bottom 30% of the league and his 3.4 yac puts him in the bottom 12% in that catagory.
(Note: he does well in other catagories, just discussing his weaknesses here)

Again, PFF has him rated as the 61st best WR in the league out of 130 qualifiers. That is behind 2 players on his own team.
If he is "He is so supremely talented and perfect in his route route running and knowledge" then why is he having some struggles this year? Is it all on the QB (that would be odd since you have also touted Hurts to be a great young QB in the other thread)?

Again, I think Smith is a fine young WR who will be a solid to good contributor in his career. But saying Top-3 was and is totally ridiculous.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles wouldn’t even need Smith if they just took Jefferson instead of Reagor. LOL.
Can't play the would have should have game, but for guys who went real close to each other I think you can to some extent and especially when one was the same position and would have resulted in them not going WR again the next year. I guess just assume draft position would have been the same in year 2
How different would the NFC East be if the Eagles took option #2. Thank God for Howie!!!

Reagor and Smith
or
Jefferson and Parsons

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About 4 or 5 examples just in his first game against the 9ers. He has had too many balls that he had hands on this year and he couldn't pull them in. His 61.7% catch rate puts him in the bottom 30% of the league and his 3.4 yac puts him in the bottom 12% in that catagory.
(Note: he does well in other catagories, just discussing his weaknesses here)

Again, PFF has him rated as the 61st best WR in the league out of 130 qualifiers. That is behind 2 players on his own team.
If he is "He is so supremely talented and perfect in his route route running and knowledge" then why is he having some struggles this year? Is it all on the QB (that would be odd since you have also touted Hurts to be a great young QB in the other thread)?

Again, I think Smith is a fine young WR who will be a solid to good contributor in his career. But saying Top-3 was and is totally ridiculous.

This catch rate % is the most insincere number. If a ball is thrown in his direction but is not catchable and he never gets his hands on the ball it will effect that %. He had a handful of uncharacteristic drops early in the season, not due to any defenders but more likely sue to just rookie jitters. That has long since passed however.

You're completely ignorant to this topic.

You can stop replying to the topic, I'll just throw you on ignore if not and never read anotehr one of your posts. I can't deal with people as brain dead ignorant as you that try to talk about things they have no idea about.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This catch rate % is the most insincere number. If a ball is thrown in his direction but is not catchable and he never gets his hands on the ball it will effect that %. He had a handful of uncharacteristic drops early in the season, not due to any defenders but more likely sue to just rookie jitters. That has long since passed however.

You're completely ignorant to this topic.

You can stop replying to the topic, I'll just throw you on ignore if not and never read anotehr one of your posts. I can't deal with people as brain dead ignorant as you that try to talk about things they have no idea about.
You just continue making excuses instead of acknowledging that he has weaknesses. He has had his hands on the ball on plenty of occasions this season and been unable to come down with it.

His drop % isn't bad at all. It is his catch rate. It is a clear indication that he has issues with contested catches unless you want to blame that solely on the QB but we've seen the film and know that both parties share responsibility.

Again, he is currently ranked 61 out of 130 qualifying receivers this year by PFF. Can you please explain why that is if he is, according to you, nearly perfect in every aspect?

Just an fyi: I don't give a shit if you don't want me to reply or not. I also don't care if you take the pussy route and put me on ignore. It makes literally zero difference to me.
Plenty of other folks will continue to ridicule you for your biased, myopic viewpoints on this subject regardless of whether or not I am here.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just continue making excuses instead of acknowledging that he has weaknesses. He has had his hands on the ball on plenty of occasions this season and been unable to come down with it.

His drop % isn't bad at all. It is his catch rate. It is a clear indication that he has issues with contested catches unless you want to blame that solely on the QB but we've seen the film and know that both parties share responsibility.

Again, he is currently ranked 61 out of 130 qualifying receivers this year by PFF. Can you please explain why that is if he is, according to you, nearly perfect in every aspect?

Just an fyi: I don't give a shit if you don't want me to reply or not. I also don't care if you take the pussy route and put me on ignore. It makes literally zero difference to me.
Plenty of other folks will continue to ridicule you for your biased, myopic viewpoints on this subject regardless of whether or not I am here.

Show me the examples of contested catches that he has had issue with.

PFF isn't the gospel to me that it apparently is to you. Them apparently ranking him the 3rd WR says all you need to know about that supposed ranking when he is clearly not only the best WR on the team currently but the best WR this team has had in a long time. You're an idiot.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show me the examples of contested catches that he has had issue with.

PFF isn't the gospel to me that it apparently is to you. Them apparently ranking him the 3rd WR says all you need to know about that supposed ranking when he is clearly not only the best WR on the team currently but the best WR this team has had in a long time. You're an idiot.
PFF isn't the gospel but they also don't make up random biased opinions and state them as fact as you do. They use statistical analysis and to completely disregard their conclusions would be stupid.

I have even stated that I think that he is a good young WR with potential but he needs to get both bigger and stronger. So I can provide him with reasonable praise, but god forbid anyone even hint that he isn't perfect.

But whatever, you already know all of this. You'd think the literally dozens of persons in this thread alone who think your stance is not correct vs the zero persons other than you that think he is going to be Top-3 would be an indication that you might want to rethink your claim. But instead you just double-down with your nonsense. I think that is pretty telling about your personality.