• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If the pats did nothing wrong

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They know if they dig deeper only more corruption will be exposed and what the Patriots do in secret is very, very bad for the league right now.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't the NFL have to change their punishment for the Pats if Bradys appeal goes his way? Maybe they are confident he will win?
No.

There were two separate rulings that came out that day from the office of mr Vincent. The team and Brady penalties were, and are, separate. Kraft had the option to appeal the team penalty decisions and has apparently elected to not do so.

Brady can fully win on appeal and it does nothing to the team penalties.

I have no idea if the league could reduce them even if they wanted to without an appeal. I wouldn't imagine they would have that ability.

Now, if you are asking is it possible the Brady's situation changes based on the team not going for the appeal? Sure, there could be a quid pro quo. Always possible. Team takes the fall and Brady's punishment gets eased up.

If his suspension is reduced at all you just know the qpq will be assumed by many and that's how it will be thought of for years to come. Especially if it is thrown out entirely. Most people will assume the deal was made behind doors to let the team take that for him.

We will never know how true that is.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FUCK YOU KRAFT!!!! YOUR BACKROOM DEAL IS RUINING MY SPORTS FORUM ENDLESS ARGUING. WHAT THEY HELL ARE WE SUPPOSE DO NOW?

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They know if they dig deeper only more corruption will be exposed and what the Patriots do in secret is very, very bad for the league right now.
so is what the other 31 teams secretly do.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so is what the other 31 teams secretly do.

Kraft was mad. Ready to fight. Then he meets with Goodell and he is all happy, happy. Something is missing here. A very big something. What is that something Strongo???

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kraft was mad. Ready to fight. Then he meets with Goodell and he is all happy, happy. Something is missing here. A very big something. What is that something Strongo???
actually, he met with the other owners too.

kraft doesnt shut up quick for no reason when he has a problem like this.

something is missing...and it could be "we have XXX on you too" or "this will make us ALL look bad if it goes to court".

could be both? something else?

who knows?

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give Robert Kraft a lot of credit for carefully and tactfully choosing just the right words, just the right rationale, for deciding not to appeal. The real reason of course, is because he knows he wouldn't have gotten the punishment overturned and that would only have further embarrassed the already besmirched Patriots.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give Robert Kraft a lot of credit for carefully and tactfully choosing just the right words, just the right rationale, for deciding not to appeal. The real reason of course, is because he knows he wouldn't have gotten the punishment overturned and that would only have further embarrassed the already besmirched Patriots.
where is your factual evidence to support this claim?

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone with the Patriots is innocent of any wrongdoing in the Deflategate investigation according to Mr. Kraft yet the two employees from the equipment management crew have been suspended by the team and now Kraft has decided not to fight the league's discipline. Interesting.

Maybe there is more truth to the Wells Report than first believed.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

There were two separate rulings that came out that day from the office of mr Vincent. The team and Brady penalties were, and are, separate. Kraft had the option to appeal the team penalty decisions and has apparently elected to not do so.

Brady can fully win on appeal and it does nothing to the team penalties.

I have no idea if the league could reduce them even if they wanted to without an appeal. I wouldn't imagine they would have that ability.

Now, if you are asking is it possible the Brady's situation changes based on the team not going for the appeal? Sure, there could be a quid pro quo. Always possible. Team takes the fall and Brady's punishment gets eased up.

If his suspension is reduced at all you just know the qpq will be assumed by many and that's how it will be thought of for years to come. Especially if it is thrown out entirely. Most people will assume the deal was made behind doors to let the team take that for him.

We will never know how true that is.
Yeah I wasn't sure if it was possible that the results of Bradys appeal could have any effect on the Pats punishment. If so, maybe the Pats dropped their appeal because they are confident it isn't necessary if Brady wins. Makes sense now from reading your post. After a certain point with situations like Brady and the Pats, I just stop paying attention.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you still have the brady appeal to look forward to
And that's going to be the grandest three ring circus of them all.

Estimates are at least another month before that all gets sorted out.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's going to be the grandest three ring circus of them all.

Estimates are at least another month before that all gets sorted out.
tom-brady-crying-o.gif

so another month before we see new images of brady crying like this .. cause he still gets 4 games

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said from day 1 that they are all partners...you don't sue your partner as its not logical. If the owners don't like Goodell they can fire him but they obviously backed him. Kraft finally figured this out after his temper tantrum...

We'll see on brady it could stay or be dropped now that kraft backed down. I can't see this under 2 games..should be 4.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A BJ does wonders for a guy.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rock and nepatsfan neck and neck for fan of the year

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its either a bargaining chip for brady (which people are saying sources say it isnt) or its a chip for something down the road.

a wealthy old man with a bone to pick doesnt shut up that quickly for no reason, right after an owners meeting.

its fishy.

Yeah, especially considering ESPN was reporting earlier that Kraft and Goodell were "Hugging it out"