• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If the pats did nothing wrong

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find this slightly hard to believe that the Patriots didn't know what was going on... Especially considering this was Brady who did it
They knew it. No question about it.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find this slightly hard to believe that the Patriots didn't know what was going on... Especially considering this was Brady who did it
BB wasn't shocked by it. See his remarks about QBs and kickers, but I think he made sure he didn't have any evidence in that regard. Kraft? When this first broke I'm pretty sure he had no idea, I'm sure he realized very soon that in fact TB actually did this, but by then he was committed to a course of action. Thus the results of not filing a appeal. No goodies down the road for waving the white flag, when you were wrong in the first place.

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and where did I say that the only reason why Kraft got the team was because of Brady... Keep your hatred of the Patriots in check
Nothing on the Mac and cheese?

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe that the higher-ups like Kraft and Company didn't know about the scandal, but Bellicheck had to know. I mean, he's with Brady a ton of the time on and off the field preparing for games and such, so there is no way that Brady totally kept this from him.

That could be, but it doesn't seem likely, Belichick may be arrogant and not appealing -no pun intended- but he is not stupid, especially with the record of him pushing the envelope insofar as rules are concerned. Maybe Brady said something about it to him, and Bill more probably than not said: "Whatever Tom, this is your baby." Of course, this is pure speculation. I'm glad the org didn't go all out to defend such a stupid thing. Bad for them and bad for the NFL in general.

No matter which way the chips would have fallen, if the team had decided to stand by the Brady, it's bad business for the group. There are 51 other players and Brady is not above any other one in a team sense. Of course he has the right to appeal, and this is common procedure, how he handles it is a different story - at some point he is going to have to explain things to the media, because they are the true crusaders.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB wasn't shocked by it. See his remarks about QBs and kickers, but I think he made sure he didn't have any evidence in that regard. Kraft? When this first broke I'm pretty sure he had no idea, I'm sure he realized very soon that in fact TB actually did this, but by then he was committed to a course of action. Thus the results of not filing a appeal. No goodies down the road for waving the white flag, when you were wrong in the first place.

I believe Kraft at the beginning reacted on impulse, to defend his team. He should have kept his mouth shut. Speaks volumes that he stepped down. That he took this course of action was obviously influenced by an outside evaluation of the issue and its consequences. He listened. Good for Bob Kraft.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kraft threw brady under the bus

Ooop there it is !!!!!

ed564d6d-59b4-4d7e-b5b8-9fb187519cec_zpsvruax0ee.jpg

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-------
Yes for a man who spouts about the integrity of his organization, he seemed to give up awfully fast.

Integrity means more than how the media interprets things. It's about how you run an organization in an economic, social and environmental sense. Integrity is often misunderstood because the root of it is profound and applies to many more aspects in life than defending yourself against a bunch of media hounds. Must say though, the media was balanced in this issue - there were popular sports writers on both sides of the issue. I believe each fan should reach their own conclusions, the media is a factor, but no more than 16.33% of the total situation.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: At Pats fans that think this isn't a beat down. I'm going to predict right now that Brady 4 games will not be reduced.

Maybe you should bet your last 8 vBucks on it. You're obviously a gambling savant :thumb:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you should bet your last 8 vBucks on it. You're obviously a gambling savant :thumb:
Yeah I really need to do something about that 8 dollars. March madness killed me. I should just make a bet that I know I will lose so I can get restocked.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing on the Mac and cheese?

because that was ridiculously stupid..... You do realize I am talking football and NOT his business correct?

Brady helped Kraft tremendously as well as BB in the FOOTBALL aspect... But that's over your head apparently.

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Integrity means more than how the media interprets things. It's about how you run an organization in an economic, social and environmental sense. Integrity is often misunderstood because the root of it is profound and applies to many more aspects in life than defending yourself against a bunch of media hounds. Must say though, the media was balanced in this issue - there were popular sports writers on both sides of the issue. I believe each fan should reach their own conclusions, the media is a factor, but no more than 16.33% of the total situation.
-------
Who said anything about the media? Don't deflect. Kraft has been quoted time and again for the Integrity his front office shows AS well as his players. He still has Billicheck despite videogate and stil has Brady despite the current problem. Guess his integrity only counts so long as his team can win.:noidea:

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-------
Who said anything about the media? Don't deflect. Kraft has been quoted time and again for the Integrity his front office shows AS well as his players. He still has Billicheck despite videogate and stil has Brady despite the current problem. Guess his integrity only counts so long as his team can win.:noidea:

it would be hard to find a team that has cheated more than the ne patroits .

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why did they suspend the two equipment guys without the league asking for it. That is all. They are admitting fault.
fify based on Goodell's statements today.

You're welcome

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots’ fumble rate was 42 touches per fumble from 2000 through 2006 or about the league average.

After the 2006 season, which happened to be the year Brady pushed for a rule change which allowed each team to provide their own footballs for games, that rate has dropped dramatically, to 74 touches per fumble. Since that time, the Pats are by far the best team in the NFL at holding onto the ball, even including dome teams. The Patriots were basically an average team in terms of fumbling the football, and then Brady pushed for a rule change, and then the Patriots suddenly become wizards at football control.

Kevin Faulk was drafted by the Patriots in 1999 and played in New England through 2011. Up until the 2007 season, Faulk had 23 fumbles. After that point, he had two. Danny Amendola had 10 fumbles in four seasons with the Rams, then came to New England and lost the ball only once in two years. As for Brady himself, he had 59 fumbles in his first six seasons, and only 37 in his most recent seven seasons. Even random chance was never that good.

Tom Brady is the second-worst cheater of our generation. He's corrupted the entire game of football.