• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL If prime Jordan played in today's NBA - would he be the best?

If prime Jordan played in today's NBA - would he be the best?

• Total voters

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If only @trojanfan12 would use some logic — as the SOLE REASON Indiana traded Paul George is because he said he was becoming a FA in a year and wants to play for the Lakers.

But yeah, we had no idea where he wanted to play.

Amazing that you know less about basketball than you do college football. PG also got heavily recruited/welcomed by OKC's fans, the organization and Westbrook. All of this has been documented. He also said that the Lakers didn't try hard enough to trade for him and mentioned his welcome in OKC. I have yet to see a single quote from him saying a single word about Lebron having anything to do with hid decision.

Unless and until you find such a quote, you're making shit up.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Love came to the Cavs, you traded Wiggins (the #1 pick in the draft), Bennett (another #1 pick in the draft) and a 2015 1st round pick, which went Philly, I believe.

Love wasn’t an unrestricted FA, he could opt out of his contract the following year and that is why Minnesota was willing to move him.

So AGAIN — name me a FA who has left their own team to sign with Lebron. When you give up the talent on young talent on your roster to acquire a player — that isn’t signing a FA. See — GSW didn’t trade away Curry, Thompson or Green to get Durant. They SIGNED Durant.

It will be no different than AD. When you give up 3 1st round picks and 3 more players you recently drafted in the first round — that isn’t a player willingly joining a player:L

The fact your post got a like from @dtgold88 tells me how little you know about basketball.

First, we never traded more than Wiggins and Bennett. We didn't trade a third 1st round pick lol...Secondly, Bennett was a known bust by that point. So all we gave up for a proven star was Wiggins. Wiggins turned out to be a bust anyways

Second, we traded those players to get Love early

Same reason LA traded their players to get AD early

Both team didn't have to trade to get those players. They did it to get them early, which makes a lot sense. The Cavs made 4 finals and won a ring, could have been better if not for injuries in 2015. The Lakers now have AD, and are competing for a ring. Are you dumb?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, we never traded more than Wiggins and Bennett. We didn't trade a third 1st round pick lol...Secondly, Bennett was a known bust by that point. So all we gave up for a proven star was Wiggins. Wiggins turned out to be a bust anyways

Second, we traded those players to get Love early

Same reason LA traded their players to get AD early

Both team didn't have to trade to get those players. They did it to get them early, which makes a lot sense. The Cavs made 4 finals and won a ring, could have been better if not for injuries in 2015. The Lakers now have AD, and are competing for a ring. Are you dumb?

If memory serves, when Love became an FA and had the chance to leave Lebron and the Cavs, he signed a long term deal instead.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing that you know less about basketball than you do college football. PG also got heavily recruited/welcomed by OKC's fans, the organization and Westbrook. All of this has been documented. He also said that the Lakers didn't try hard enough to trade for him and mentioned his welcome in OKC. I have yet to see a single quote from him saying a single word about Lebron having anything to do with hid decision.

I’m sure Paul George was just kidding when he said his dream was to play for the Lakers, who he shuns in FA, only to agree to go to the Clippers a year later and it had nothing to do with Lebron.:L

Just like I’m sure that max contract they wasted on FA re-treads in 2018 and 2019 because they couldn’t get a superstar to come to the Lakers is exactly what Lebron and LA wanted :pound:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If memory serves, when Love became an FA and had the chance to leave Lebron and the Cavs, he signed a long term deal instead.

Once you are there — that team can offer you more years and more money. So unless a better option came along — he wasn’t going anywhere.

Doesn’t change the fact it took them two of the last 3 #1 overall picks and another 1st round pick to get him to Cleveland.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m sure Paul George was just kidding when he said his dream was to play for the Lakers, who he shuns in FA, only to agree to go to the Clippers a year later and it had nothing to do with Lebron.:L

Just like I’m sure that max contract they wasted on FA re-treads in 2018 and 2019 because they couldn’t get a superstar to come to the Lakers is exactly what Lebron and LA wanted :pound:

That's a lot of words. Wouldn't it have been quicker to just say "I can't find anything to back up my claim"?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once you are there — that team can offer you more years and more money. So unless a better option came along — he wasn’t going anywhere.

Doesn’t change the fact it took them two of the last 3 #1 overall picks and another 1st round pick to get him to Cleveland.

Amazing how you can be so completely wrong about 2 relatively simple things. But then, between here and the college football boards, you're wrong so often, it's like it's your superpower.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing how you can be so completely wrong about 2 relatively simple things. But then, between here and the college football boards, you're wrong so often, it's like it's your superpower.

LMAO...That made me almost spit up my beer i was drinking

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If only @trojanfan12 would use some logic — as the SOLE REASON Indiana traded Paul George is because he said he was becoming a FA in a year and wants to play for the Lakers.

But yeah, we had no idea where he wanted to play.
He's right we cannot be sure, but yeah, we can certainly make a strong case he knew. Strong guess they have phones and Lebron called him.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Might be true, but you really don't think they spoke?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might be true, but you really don't think they spoke?

I don't know and I don't care if they did or not. It really doesn't matter. Unless and until we have a quote from PG saying he didn't choose the Lakers because of Lebron...it's just making shit up to feed a narrative.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You think counting Bennett here helps make your case? Never mind with Lebron and Love the other pick was a near lock to be in the 20s.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep....despite some guaranteeing he'd go to LA.

Don't remember anyone guaranteeing anything, But I do remember speculation that he would go to the Lakers. I remember Dan Patrick saying he thought that's what would happen.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know and I don't care if they did or not. It really doesn't matter. Unless and until we have a quote from PG saying he didn't choose the Lakers because of Lebron...it's just making shit up to feed a narrative.

I’m sure you are right. George was only kidding when he said he wanted to play for the Lakers and I’m sure when Kawhi said he wanted to go back home to LA, he was talking about that franchise all kids from LA dream about playing for........the Clippers.:thumb:

I’m sure it is just a coincidence that in two years the Lakers had max contracts to offer, the big FA signing to pair with Lebron is Danny Green?!?:lol:

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't remember anyone guaranteeing anything, But I do remember speculation that he would go to the Lakers. I remember Dan Patrick saying he thought that's what would happen.
Pretty sure was stephen A and/or Broussard.