• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL If prime Jordan played in today's NBA - would he be the best?

If prime Jordan played in today's NBA - would he be the best?

• Total voters

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
d8b32e8576a101a34c69654ac6edb2ee16f6df39b8cea43ceb66f733eaf15749.jpg

You wannt go?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron signed a WEEK after PG signed with OKC. Would you like to retract that retarded comment before I make you look even dumber?

Lakers didn't go after anybody other than Kawhi. They never requested meetings with Butler, Kyrie or any other major players. It was always going to be either get Kawhi or fill out their roster with role players. They did their due diligence and got promises from guys like Danny Green, Javale, Cook and Bradley weeks in advance. How else do you think Green decided to go to the Lakers literally minutes after Kawhi announced his decision.

I suggest you do your homework in advance next time. You just sound ridiculous.

NBA Twitter Reacts to LeBron James Joining the Los Angeles Lakers

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nb...le/2018/07/01/paul-george-commits-re-sign-okc

JULY 1st — the first day of Free Agency. Both announced where they were going.

And if you think LA cleared multiple max spots FOR TWO YEARS — to hand out contracts to the leftovers — I can’t help you. It is beyond humorous to think you’ve convinced yourself that is what happened.

I am starting to see why Kawhi and George went to the Clippers instead of the Lakers.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA Twitter Reacts to LeBron James Joining the Los Angeles Lakers

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nb...le/2018/07/01/paul-george-commits-re-sign-okc

JULY 1st — the first day of Free Agency. Both announced where they were going.

And if you think LA cleared multiple max spots FOR TWO YEARS — to hand out contracts to the leftovers — I can’t help you. It is beyond humorous to think you’ve convinced yourself that is what happened.

I am starting to see why Kawhi and George went to the Clippers instead of the Lakers.

You're right. They were both done on the same day. Difference is, PG did it exactly at midnight and Lebron announced his decision 15 hours later.

And yes, the Lakers had two spots for max contracts. And they end up with two max players.

They had room for another max player but other than Kawhi, who else was available for a max spot? Is Butler a max player?

Well... maybe in Detroit...

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did this thread turn into Lebrons Laker thread when potato salad is whipping that ass!!??

Because the First SportsHoopla NBA Board Rule is that all threads must eventually become about the Lakers, or LeBron. Since he joined the Lakers, this process happens much more quickly these days.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the First SportsHoopla NBA Board Rule is that all threads must eventually become about the Lakers, or LeBron. Since he joined the Lakers, this process happens much more quickly these days.

I C

I believe it’s also in tHoop rule book that if potato salad is ahead in a poll, then to hell with whoever else in the poll.

Interesting dilemma indeed

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right. They were both done on the same day. Difference is, PG did it exactly at midnight and Lebron announced his decision 15 hours later.

And yes, the Lakers had two spots for max contracts. And they end up with two max players.

They had room for another max player but other than Kawhi, who else was available for a max spot? Is Butler a max player?

Maybe LA doesn’t have phones or something, since the fan base is fixated on George announcing first. I’d bet my life PG and Lebron knew what each other were doing LONG before any of the public did. Agents talk, players talk, front offices talk.

And You mean, the Jimmy Butler who has been an all-star the last 4 years, while being named to the all-NBA defensive team 3 of the last 4 years, as well as 3rd team all-NBA three times.

Yes — he is a max player in Detroit and anywhere else he plays.

And yes, LA did end up with 2 max players. It took them wasting the entire 1st year of Lebron’s contract, trading Ball, Ingram, Hart and 3 1st round picks to get the 2nd one. Oh yeah — there is also the fact LA could have added a 3rd max player in 2019 and instead were stuck doing the same as 2018, filling the roster with what was left.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Want proof?

LeBron 'thought long and hard' about joining young Sixers

Can the Rockets land LeBron without gutting their team?

Rockets Rumors: Chris Paul Focused on Recruiting LeBron James to Houston

Solomon: LeBron to Houston? Oh, the possibilities

So stop with your bullshit opinions and give me clear cut facts and proof before you get all pissy and pretend you've got the upper hand. You've been caught out over and over again that you're full of shit.
Seems the one having the meltdown (you) "is getting all pissy".

who said there were not rumors of him going to Houston? I said one would have to not understand how the NBA works to believe them...or think Lebron would play for a minimum deal.

And never said he wouldn't think about Philly. was a time I thought Philly and cavs could be frontrunners if winning was #1 to him.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

@dtgold88 In fact Houston was 5/2 favorite.

So how was he recruiting players to the Lakers again?
with a phone.

You asked "how could he do it"?

Answer is with his phone. Or, I guess, he probably has the means to fly in for a visit if he wanted. I never claimed with certainty this happened.

Now you think betting odds are proof? It only proves there are many like you who don't understand how the CBA works.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Butler is in Miami.

Original thought was true...you just don't follow the NBA too closely. No shame in that. But also no reason to keep proving it.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
says the guy who asks "how could he do it", then has a meltdown when he is told how?

But please.....more links on Houston as a destination.

You haven’t provided me with a single ounce of evidence to back up all the irrelevant bullshit you come up with. And when I do you come up with a useless excuse.

Please continue to look like an idiot. You’ve been doing so well so far.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Butler is in Miami.

Original thought was true...you just don't follow the NBA too closely. No shame in that. But also no reason to keep proving it.

Well done genius. Perhaps you’d like to see I was talking to a Detroit fan when I made the comment.

If you like to butt in comments I make to other posters perhaps you’d like to pay more attention.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You haven’t provided me with a single ounce of evidence to back up all the irrelevant bullshit you come up with. And when I do you come up with a useless excuse.

Please continue to look like an idiot. You’ve been doing so well so far.
no bullshit needed...just the facts on how your latest meltdown was started.....
you - "how could Lebron try to lure PG"
me - "with a phone"

I also told you I was aware there were rumors about him going to Houston. Also said anyone who believed those rumors does not know much about the NBA/CBA....or thought Lebron was going to play for an exception or the lge. minimum.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no bullshit needed...just the facts on how your latest meltdown was started.....
you - "how could Lebron try to lure PG"
me - "with a phone"

I also told you I was aware there were rumors about him going to Houston. Also said anyone who believed those rumors does not know much about the NBA/CBA....or thought Lebron was going to play for an exception or the lge. minimum.

I love it how every time I provide you facts, you claim it's a meltdown? Want to see a meltdown? Just check out your fellow cavs fans on this board the last two years.

So to recap, I provide you verified links from credible sites like ESPN, NBC and Bleacher Report and your response is "Anyone who believed those rumors does not know much about the NBA/CBA"

Let me guess, you're one of those special kind of people who shout FAKE NEWS every time something comes out you don't like or agree with.

Now once again, if you actually read anything I posted without getting your panties in a bunch, or even knew the slightest how the NBA works, you'd know there were plenty of ways Houston could have gotten Lebron without him having to play for an exception or league minimum.

Do you really want to go there or have I embarrassed you enough for one week?

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love it how every time I provide you facts, you claim it's a meltdown? Want to see a meltdown? Just check out your fellow cavs fans on this board the last two years.

So to recap, I provide you verified links from credible sites like ESPN, NBC and Bleacher Report and your response is "Anyone who believed those rumors does not know much about the NBA/CBA"

Let me guess, you're one of those special kind of people who shout FAKE NEWS every time something comes out you don't like or agree with.

Now once again, if you actually read anything I posted without getting your panties in a bunch, or even knew the slightest how the NBA works, you'd know there were plenty of ways Houston could have gotten Lebron without him having to play for an exception or league minimum.

Do you really want to go there or have I embarrassed you enough for one week?

None of the cavs fans went into hiding like you did tho

I will give you a pass because you are a woman tho

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you have Boogie Cousins in your avatar?

I have @SJ76 following me around telling me how much i got owned, may be my best work...He is 47 pages deep telling us to love Jordone lol

He is now sending me angry PM's...Classic meltdown over JorDONE!