• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL If prime Jordan played in today's NBA - would he be the best?

If prime Jordan played in today's NBA - would he be the best?

• Total voters

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, because 2 other superstars isn’t enough for Lebron to play alongside :L

The ONLY reason GSW was able to pull off the Durant move is..........they drafted their superstars. Curry was grossly underpaid because he had ankle issues prior to the signing an 11 million a year deal. Also, the NBA raised the cap that year. No team will ever be able to pull that off again unless the stars align.

Yeah — he couldn’t get guys to go to Cleveland because ‘he wasn’t staying’ and he goes to LA and isn’t going anywhere, yet they can’t get any FA to sign with them. Hell — the Lakers had guys literally telling the media they were going to the Lakers and then don’t. Instead, they go to the Clippers. Must have liked the Clippers prestige as a franchise.
Try and focus.....you claimed he couldn't get a FA to come to the Cavs and ignore they were capped out with Lebron, Love and Kyrie. You were thinking a star was coming to play for the midlevel or minimum salary deal?

I agreed with you on what happened in LA.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland fans are saying the same thing as Lakers fans. What Love and Anthony Davis wanted, was to get out of their current situations.
Cleveland and LA happened to be the teams willing to sacrifice their future to get the deals done.

It doesn’t change the fact — Lebron spent half his career in Cleveland and couldn’t get a superstar to sign with him. He then went to LA and in the biggest FA class of superstars we’ve ever had — The Lakers signed no one. This was after Paul George shunned the Lakers after telling the world it was his dream to play for them. He is now in LA, but with the Clippers.
Larry Hughes was a star and one of the top FAs on the market. Unlike LA, with Kyrie and Love already there, they didn't have the room to sing another star player for Lebron 2.0. Do you really not understand this?

agree about LA, so no need to keep bringing that up with me.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay but when Love came over to the Cavs, he was an unrestricted free agent. He resigned as a free agent, so your statement is already false off the bat.

We will see if AD resigns and that would make 2 stars signing with him in free agency.

When Love came to the Cavs, you traded Wiggins (the #1 pick in the draft), Bennett (another #1 pick in the draft) and a 2015 1st round pick, which went Philly, I believe.

Love wasn’t an unrestricted FA, he could opt out of his contract the following year and that is why Minnesota was willing to move him.

So AGAIN — name me a FA who has left their own team to sign with Lebron. When you give up the talent on young talent on your roster to acquire a player — that isn’t signing a FA. See — GSW didn’t trade away Curry, Thompson or Green to get Durant. They SIGNED Durant.

It will be no different than AD. When you give up 3 1st round picks and 3 more players you recently drafted in the first round — that isn’t a player willingly joining a player:L

The fact your post got a like from @dtgold88 tells me how little you know about basketball.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Love came to the Cavs, you traded Wiggins (the #1 pick in the draft), Bennett (another #1 pick in the draft) and a 2015 1st round pick, which went Philly, I believe.

Love wasn’t an unrestricted FA, he could opt out of his contract the following year and that is why Minnesota was willing to move him.

So AGAIN — name me a FA who has left their own team to sign with Lebron. When you give up the talent on young talent on your roster to acquire a player — that isn’t signing a FA. See — GSW didn’t trade away Curry, Thompson or Green to get Durant. They SIGNED Durant.

It will be no different than AD. When you give up 3 1st round picks and 3 more players you recently drafted in the first round — that isn’t a player willingly joining a player:L

The fact your post got a like from @dtgold88 tells me how little you know about basketball.
It's hilarious you'd say that as I have said a number of times I agree with your comments pertaining to Lebron in LA.

Nothing better than when posters kick their own ass as you just did.

Now let's see if you can focus on the Cleveland aspect of your irrational for a minute. I get the irrational wont answer direct questions but I'll ask you anyway.......

1) Larry Hughes, coming off the solid season he had in Washington does not qualify as a stud FA? was coming off 1st team all defense and went for roughly 22 ppg, 6 rebounds, 5 assists and 3 steals per game.

2) Second time back the Cavs had no cap space after signing Lebron, resiging Kyrie and bringing in Love. You think a stud FA was coming to play for the midlevel or minimum salary deal?

To make this simple for you feel free to answer Yes, No, Y or N to both questions.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hilarious you'd say that as I have said a number of times I agree with your comments pertaining to Lebron in LA.

Nothing better than when posters kick their own ass as you just did.

Now let's see if you can focus on the Cleveland aspect of your irrational for a minute. I get the irrational wont answer direct questions but I'll ask you anyway.......

1) Larry Hughes, coming off the solid season he had in Washington does not qualify as a stud FA? was coming off 1st team all defense and went for roughly 22 ppg, 6 rebounds, 5 assists and 3 steals per game.

2) Second time back the Cavs had no cap space after signing Lebron, resiging Kyrie and bringing in Love. You think a stud FA was coming to play for the midlevel or minimum salary deal?

To make this simple for you feel free to answer Yes, No, Y or N to both questions.

1. You mean the Larry Hughes whose list of accolades in his 14 year career consists of:
0 all-star games
0 all-NBA teams
1 all-NBA defense team

That Larry Hughes?!? The same one who played for 8 DIFFERENT NBA teams. Yeah, I’m thinking you don’t understand what a superstar is. Hughes is called a journeyman, who was solid, but nothing special. Hence the reason he bounced from team to team for 14 years. The NBA is filled with those players.

2. The ONLY reason he came back to Cleveland is because the superstars were already in place for him. They had Kyrie and no doubt in my mind, they already had the framework for the Kevin Love deal before he signed to go back there. And I wasn’t even really talking about the 2nd time he was in Cleveland, other than the fact, it proved he could chase superstars away (see Kyrie Irvin).

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Larry Hughes was a star and one of the top FAs on the market. Unlike LA, with Kyrie and Love already there, they didn't have the room to sing another star player for Lebron 2.0. Do you really not understand this?

agree about LA, so no need to keep bringing that up with me.
:pound: Yeah, the ever illusive star who failed to make a single all-star game or all-NBA team, while playing for 8 teams in 14 years :pound:

If that’s the case — the NBA has 100’s of stars.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. You mean the Larry Hughes whose list of accolades in his 14 year career consists of:
0 all-star games
0 all-NBA teams
1 all-NBA defense team

That Larry Hughes?!? The same one who played for 8 DIFFERENT NBA teams. Yeah, I’m thinking you don’t understand what a superstar is. Hughes is called a journeyman, who was solid, but nothing special. Hence the reason he bounced from team to team for 14 years. The NBA is filled with those players.

2. The ONLY reason he came back to Cleveland is because the superstars were already in place for him. They had Kyrie and no doubt in my mind, they already had the framework for the Kevin Love deal before he signed to go back there. And I wasn’t even really talking about the 2nd time he was in Cleveland, other than the fact, it proved he could chase superstars away (see Kyrie Irvin).

1. Hughes was among the top FAs on the market the ONLY time the Cavs had any cap room in his firs time here.

2. You can lie, dance, spin, deflect, distort all you want but the facts is after signing Kyrie, Lebron and trading for Love the Cavs had no cap space.

Are you not aware I don't like Lebron and think he's a douche? I agree he chased Kyrie away, and also agree there were probably a number of guys who did not want to play with him. Of course, you don't think I know about the NBA so would seem you'll be doing an about face.

Tough when ya kick your own ass isn't it?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound: Yeah, the ever illusive star who failed to make a single all-star game or all-NBA team, while playing for 8 teams in 14 years :pound:

If that’s the case — the NBA has 100’s of stars.
at best there were 3 better FAs on the market the only time the Cavs had cap space and signed Hughes who was coming off a very good year.

and of course you have already backtracked on what they could have done to get a stud FA in round 2 here.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely agree his narrative "no one" wanted to play with him is way off. Happened here as well when Love said he wanted to be traded here just like AD did later.

Love agreed to stay after year 1 so now we'll see if AD does the same next offseason.

Seems now you hope AD = Love, huh?

AD would never equal Love. AD is a much better player.:D

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All when and good, but seems absurd to think Lebron and PG never even spoke about it.

Not necessarily. I don't know if Lebron and PG are friends or when their decisions were truly made. Maybe PG decided far earlier than he announced? He got such a great reception from the fans, the organization and Westbrook himself, maybe he made his decision well before the end of the season.

Point is, we have no idea. He was an FA. It wasn't like his decision had to be between the Thunder and the Lakers. I'd imagine that we could count the number of teams that wouldn't have liked a shot to land him on one hand.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is better, but I'd rather have the lesser player who stays.

But I think AD stays, too.

Yeah, so do I. Especially if things go well. The Lakers finally seem to be getting shit somewhat together. So that should help.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Hughes was among the top FAs on the market the ONLY time the Cavs had any cap room in his firs time here.

2. You can lie, dance, spin, deflect, distort all you want but the facts is after signing Kyrie, Lebron and trading for Love the Cavs had no cap space.

Are you not aware I don't like Lebron and think he's a douche? I agree he chased Kyrie away, and also agree there were probably a number of guys who did not want to play with him. Of course, you don't think I know about the NBA so would seem you'll be doing an about face.

Tough when ya kick your own ass isn't it?

So in 15 years in the NBA — outside of joining forces with two friends. Lebron is responsible for attracting the elite talents of Larry Hughes. Got it.:pound:

So basically, as I said from the get — No premier FA has agreed to sign with a team Lebron is on. I mean, other than journeyman, Larry Hughes.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not necessarily. I don't know if Lebron and PG are friends or when their decisions were truly made. Maybe PG decided far earlier than he announced? He got such a great reception from the fans, the organization and Westbrook himself, maybe he made his decision well before the end of the season.

Point is, we have no idea. He was an FA. It wasn't like his decision had to be between the Thunder and the Lakers. I'd imagine that we could count the number of teams that wouldn't have liked a shot to land him on one hand.
Can we be 100% certain? Agree, we don't know. But far more likely Lebron reached out, and likely PG at least took the call and listened to him.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So in 15 years in the NBA — outside of joining forces with two friends. Lebron is responsible for attracting the elite talents of Larry Hughes. Got it.:pound:

So basically, as I said from the get — No premier FA has agreed to sign with a team Lebron is on. I mean, other than journeyman, Larry Hughes.
And as I said, I agree he attracted no one to join him in LA via FA.

You say 15 years like he had a chance in all 15. He was here for 11 years and in all of one of them was the team able to spend on a max or close to max guy. Hughes was one of the top available on the market.

This isn't really debatable (though you'll try).

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, if only we had an idea where Paul George wanted to play?!? Like maybe an interview where he literally stated he wanted to go home to play for a team.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, if only we had an idea where Paul George wanted to play?!? Like maybe an interview where he literally stated he wanted to go home to play for a team.
Uh, oh.....let's use your own logic here.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh, oh.....let's use your own logic here.

If only @trojanfan12 would use some logic — as the SOLE REASON Indiana traded Paul George is because he said he was becoming a FA in a year and wants to play for the Lakers.

But yeah, we had no idea where he wanted to play.